MS MS - Lloyd “Daniel” Cecil, Jr., 27, was with friends at a restaurant, wasn't feeling well, stuff left in truck, Ocean Springs, 27 May 2022

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
OCEAN SPRINGS, Miss. (WLOX) - Authorities are searching for a man who hasn’t been seen all weekend since leaving an Ocean Springs business.

Lloyd “Daniel” Cecil, Jr., 27, was reported missing to the Ocean Springs Police Department.

Police report the last time he was seen was around 9-10 p.m. on May 27 at a downtown Ocean Springs restaurant. He was reported to be there with friends but said he wasn’t feeling well.

Daniel was reportedly wearing a light blue T-shirt with a black sun on the pocket, khaki shorts, and flip-flops. He has dirty blond hair and a short beard. He has the word “OUTLAW” tattooed on one forearm, a Led Zeppelin tattoo on another forearm, and a small bird head on one ankle.

His family reports he left his book bag, guitar, and cigarettes in his truck.

If you have information on Daniel’s whereabouts, contact Ocean Springs Police Department, or to remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers by calling 1-877-787-5898.

DYOQZPLUQVA2JESFNBA2N6YVWY.jpg

284020066_5234016829999445_8258810941389292745_n.jpg

285073747_5234017136666081_1099885654221148916_n.jpg

Cute guy. Sure hope he's okay, but it doesn't sound good.
Leaving his belongings in his truck is not a good sign. Those are things one would be sure to have close by and to use often, IMO.

I don't use FB -- what is the different story his friends and family are saying?

There are some recent interesting comments. MOO

Mississippi Coast Crime Stoppers

*****UPDATE: A/O 6/10/22
Daniel is still missing. Ocean Springs Detectives say his phone pinged off a Verizon tower in the area of Cedar Lake and Popps Ferry on May 28, 2022, at 11:37:47 PM and on May 29, 2022, at 1:56:15 AM.
Police are asking for the public's help to locate Daniel. If you know anything about this case, contact the police directly, or to remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers. Crime Stoppers will only pay a reward if a case leads to a felony arrest.

Unfortunately, I don’t think Daniel was with his phone the next night when it pinged.

Why did Daniel felt sick? Too much alcohol, bad drugs, COVID, food poisoning? Just speculating. It’s sad, but for some reason a lot of young drunk guys seem to end up in water.

Do we know anything about Daniel? Does he have a girlfriend/boyfriend? Who does he live with? What about his job?

Unfortunately, I don’t think Daniel was with his phone the next night when it pinged.

Why did Daniel felt sick? Too much alcohol, bad drugs, COVID, food poisoning? Just speculating. It’s sad, but for some reason a lot of young drunk guys seem to end up in water.

Do we know anything about Daniel? Does he have a girlfriend/boyfriend? Who does he live with? What about hi

Do we know anything about Daniel? Does he have a girlfriend/boyfriend? Who does he live with? What about his job?
why do you think he didnt have his phone when it pinged ? he lived on his own but would frequently stay at his memes (grandma on dads side) where his aunt and uncle (uncle by marriage) also live. I do believe the neighbor said he only had one glass of beer while at dinner. his belongings where indeed left in his truck - BUT he did not drive he rode with the neighbor and neighbors 9 year old son - Daniel left on foot - and this is/was not like him to not get in touch with his close friends !!

Could he have been drugged? My brother was drugged at a sports bar around the same age, he almost died but luckily neighbors found him on the ground before getting him to the hospital.

Any way his “not feeling well” was due to receiving info or a text/call where he didn’t fill in his friends?

The phone pings make me wonder though… What a nightmare to have no idea at all!

Bumping for Daniel! I hate these cases where we get absolutely no updates.

Sorry I have to post all this just to keep my mind straight, but:

He was last seen at the Government Street grocery restaurant between 9 -10pm
1667506984079.png

Then his phone pinged pinged off a Verizon tower in the area of Cedar Lake and Popps Ferry on May 28, 2022, at 11:37:47 PM and on May 29, 2022, at 1:56:15 AM.

1667507043503.png

Of course we don't know where he went and what route he took when he left the restaurant, but google maps shows a 3hr 30min walk from the restaurant IF he took this route:

1667507104892.png

Or only an 18 minute drive if he was in a vehicle and took this route

1667507150973.png

I'm trying to figure out if this means anything - hopefully someone else here can look and see if anything sticks out to them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LornaJay
Back