Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a member goes outside to use any facilities out there (walking paths, pool?) then needs to come back in, could they use their card to come back into the facility from a door other than the main front entrance?

Members must enter and leave through the front lobby. The pool is enclosed by fence that goes up to the building. They might allow employees to exit through another door.

Do we know what time he went to LTF?

Yes excellent question. Wasn't it closer to 1pm on that Saturday? It seems he went there ahead of any visit to "Carey's condo/townhouse community." Now why would that be? He knew she couldn't get in; he knew she didn't have her LTF card on her. So why would that be a place he'd go to look at all, let alone instead of looking at more salient places like the nearby hospital, or a coffeeshop?

Members must enter and leave through the front lobby. The pool is enclosed by fence that goes up to the building. They might allow employees to exit through another door.

Thanks Skittles. Sounds like that front desk area gets pretty busy, yes? You've got people coming in, people going to/from the pool. It's grand central station, in a sense.

Looked concerned, but talked. Talked about the bugs biting him and the shovel he found. Shook hands. It was the look when he asked a few questions. But again we speak on here about his look so in person it's a little more real.
This is all I really want to say about BC....just unsettling.

Okay thanks!

Did I miss the obituary in the News&Observer about NC placed by the grieving husband who 'loved his wife'?

Yes, down in the back of Lochmere Pavillion. It was determined a construction shovel left behind. IMO LE would have taken that shovel with them immediately if they thought in a NY minute it was part of this case and put up tape. Didn't stay around to make sure they didn't take it, but was told to come on and continue searching, instead of being told to stay away.

LE knew by this time what they needed and it was NC body IMO

Thanks!

There are two possibilities I'm thinking about. I'll put them in separate posts so people can refer to the individually.

First, towels. LTF has lots and lots of white towels. There is no fee for using LTF towels. If you go to the outdoor pool you are supposed to bring your own towels from home for that, though.

What if the Coopers had snuck some of the towels home, maybe some dry ones so they could protect the car seats from the girls wet swimsuits if they didn't change to dry clothes at the club? Maybe they did this regularly and returned the towels later. If they had some of those towels at home BC could have used them for cleanup or for lining the car trunk. They could have been washed once at home (or not at all) and then brought back in a gym bag and added to the big baskets to get washed again.

Holes: He would have had to check in to bring the towels in. He would have had to carry the bag in (suspicious if he was supposed to be searching for his wife) Also, he had the girls with him, so he would have had to leave them in the car or bring them in with him.

All in all, seems risky for him, but in panic, maybe?

Wanted to bring this back since our discussion Skittles. You know this is possible and I don't think it has as many holes as you think. I don't think anyone would look at him odd if he were carrying a gym bag in, or even if he was observed putting the towels in the basket. All that actually seems fairly normal given it is a fitness club. The only hole would actually be the little ones - left in the car specifically. But it is possible a quick run in to return the towels - he might be able to do so quick enough so as to not draw a lot of attention by the kids being in the car. And really - he could invent an excuse for that even. He could even invent checking in to say he was looking for Nancy, if asked. Good thoughts.

Care to bring out your other idea ?

Thanks Skittles. Sounds like that front desk area gets pretty busy, yes? You've got people coming in, people going to/from the pool. It's grand central station, in a sense.

Oh, the entrance from the pool brings you to the into the indoor pool area, not the lobby. Sorry, didn't mean to give that impression. You had to have checked in already to be in the fenced outdoor pool area, though.

Yes excellent question. Wasn't it closer to 1pm on that Saturday? It seems he went there ahead of any visit to "Carey's condo/townhouse community." Now why would that be? He knew she couldn't get in; he knew she didn't have her LTF card on her. So why would that be a place he'd go to look at all, let alone instead of looking at more salient places like the nearby hospital, or a coffeeshop?

Thanks!

I had to go read BC's affidavit again.

Exactly!

Skittles....you mentioned computers were there. So BC can use the computers at LTF? Girls in daycare, he gets on the computer, time passes...

Oh, the entrance from the pool brings you to the into the indoor pool area, not the lobby. Sorry, didn't mean to give that impression. You had to have checked in already to be in the fenced outdoor pool area, though.

Are there any ways to exit out the LTF building that wouldn't set off an alarm (or be used solely as a fire exit)?

IMHO he wasn't really looking for NC, but was trying to extend the timeline of when she went missing. At that point he didn't know LE had already been contacted by JA. So in his mind he's got 24 hrs to figure stuff out. He's driving around for 2.5 HOURS! Think about that. Why was it so important he stay away from his house? Why in all his "searching" did he not look at any of those places that Mom lists? And WHERE was he looking then, if not any of those places? He had the kids in the car--he could NOT have gone off looking on the trails, with kids in tow.

WHAT WAS HE DOING during that time?

Until CPD called him at 3pm and told him to come back to his house, he had NO idea they were already involved. That must have been a huge "ruh roh" moment, no?

It takes a bit of time to wash a car, especially if there is a dirt buildup in the wheel wells and matts always take time - not 2.5 hours but at least a good 30 minutes minimum.

I'll be bold enough to say he was at LTF to get his wife's card swiped to show someone else had to have seen her alive after he said she left the house at 7 am. It was one of those stink days you know?

I know - droll :p

Skittles....you mentioned computers were there. So BC can use the computers at LTF? Girls in daycare, he gets on the computer, time passes...

Ohhh interesting thought.

Is there any kind of check out procedure or anything in which LTF knows how long you've been there? I imagine there must be security cameras around the place since this is a state-of-the-art facility. Cameras would be positioned in many places, right? They'd have to have a security system in place. Video too?

I'll be bold enough to say he was at LTF to get his wife's card swiped to show someone else had to have seen her alive after he said she left the house at 7 am. It was one of those stink days you know?

Yes, droll! And it wasn't JUST one of those 'stinky' days, it was one of those 'Hinky' days in addition! Something smells to high heaven, IMHO.

Hi, Momto3kids!

I've been really curious about this as well.

Since you were close enough to notice that there is a missing or broken bolt for his license tag on the sedan, did you happen to notice the stickers as well?

I'm just wondering if he kept the stickers current on the sedan he drove, unlike the stickers on the SUV.

Wow, I missed this Dogwood...
Actually didn't think of looking for the stickers. We were so shocked to see the license tag slanted it made us all take a gasp and point it out. It is just something you do not expect to see. I have never seen this before on any vehicle is why it caught our attention so quickly. Sorry didn't notice if there were or weren't stickers.

Wow, I missed this Dogwood...
Actually didn't think of looking for the stickers. We were so shocked to see the license tag slanted it made us all take a gasp and point it out. It is just something you do not expect to see. I have never seen this before on any vehicle is why it caught our attention so quickly. Sorry didn't notice if there were or weren't stickers.

I'm curious if anyone had seen his car or noticed this crooked/hanging license plate prior to 7/14? Is it crooked in any pics taken on 7/12? Are there any other pics of this particular car prior to 7/12? Any neighbors notice anything with that? And this is HIS car, which was always parked in the garage? Or did he sometimes keep it parked in the driveway?

I'm curious if anyone had seen his car or noticed this crooked/hanging license plate prior to 7/14? Is it crooked in any pics taken on 7/12? Are there any other pics of this particular car prior to 7/12? Any neighbors notice anything with that? And this is HIS car, which was always parked in the garage? Or did he sometimes keep it parked in the driveway?

Sorry I missed the discussion on the license plate.
Are y'all suggesting he removed the plate on the 325 so the
tag number would not be identified in the neighborhood he dumped the body ?

It takes a bit of time to wash a car, especially if there is a dirt buildup in the wheel wells and matts always take time - not 2.5 hours but at least a good 30 minutes minimum.

You're right RC...and this is exactly where I think the 3rd SW was for.

I have heard this is the scenario. This is most likely where he spent his hours between leaving home and getting called home by LE.

The computers are in the daycare area, think it would look odd if he used them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua