NC NC - Blake Deven, 5-6, last photo is from 2012 & London Deven, 12, missing since 2007, FBI involved, Fayetteville

Is it common to put a notice in the newspaper when filing for divorce?
Or does that usually mean the person being divorced can't be found?

Usually means they couldn't locate the person to serve the papers on them. Which doesn't necessarily mean the person is missing; it often just means the person is avoiding the process server.

Oh, this one is gonna be weird, and clearly not in a good way.

I'm baffled about why the adoptive mom is nowhere to be seen. Do we even know if she's still living?

I think if she wasn't, LE or biomom or the talkative neighbor or somebody would have said something? Maybe?

WRAL video with London's bio mother.

The biological mother of a missing Fayetteville woman spoke to WRAL News after authorities discovered skeletal remains on Friday.

According to Foster, false abuse allegations and an ex-husband in and out of legal trouble led to London leaving her care.

Foster said she met Avantae Deven before London’s adoption.
“She was wanting to adopt her,” she said. “She seemed like a nice person. You put somebody you love and cherish in somebody’s care and hope for the best.”

WRAL News has reached out to Avantae Deven on the disappearance of the two children but has not heard back.

Authorities said it could take weeks or months before the Medical Examiner’s Office identifies the remains. While it’s unclear who the remains belong to, the Federal Bureau of Investigation asked Foster to provide a DNA sample.

According to Foster, false abuse allegations and an ex-husband in and out of legal trouble led to London leaving her care.
Not to be that guy, but of course she is going to say the allegations are false. Blake's bio mom also says the allegations were false.

Nobody is going to admit that they lost kids to the state due to neglect/abuse.

Not to be that guy, but of course she is going to say the allegations are false. Blake's bio mom also says the allegations were false.

Nobody is going to admit that they lost kids to the state due to neglect/abuse.
Agreed. And I don't think there is any shame in saying : "I could not parent the way they deserved and they were adopted to people who were supposed to be able to do what I could not"
Not everyone can parent, but they can admit they can't. I would respect that.

WRAL video with London's bio mother.

The biological mother of a missing Fayetteville woman spoke to WRAL News after authorities discovered skeletal remains on Friday.

Foster said she met Avantae Deven before London’s adoption.
“She was wanting to adopt her,” she said. “She seemed like a nice person. You put somebody you love and cherish in somebody’s care and hope for the best.”

WRAL News has reached out to Avantae Deven on the disappearance of the two children but has not heard back.

Authorities said it could take weeks or months before the Medical Examiner’s Office identifies the remains. While it’s unclear who the remains belong to, the Federal Bureau of Investigation asked Foster to provide a DNA sample.
From that article:

"one of the sets of remains"

How many did they find??

Agreed. And I don't think there is any shame in saying : "I could not parent the way they deserved and they were adopted to people who were supposed to be able to do what I could not"
Not everyone can parent, but they can admit they can't. I would respect that.

I'm not sure it's that they just can't admit their failure. I have seen that abusers don't believe their abusive actions are wrong.

I wasn’t aware that they had discovered two sets of remains. The most recent release indicating that they found “partial skeletal remains” led me to google what classifies as “partial”. Per below Arizona doc packet it states 25-75% of a skeleton. IMO possibly they were found in a wooded area with wildlife who scattered ? One would think if the person was buried, they would remain more intact? Also googled timeline for skeletonizing and found it can take between 3 weeks and 7 years, which surprised me it could occur as fast as a few weeks? I thought it may be interesting information to share just for curiousity sake.

Strange emotion around these found remains, no? As in,
I hope that they’re connected to this case, for purposes of closure, but … I don’t, I hope they are both alive having made a run for it.
I hope that they’re not connected to this case, for purposes of other people’s closure, but … I don’t, if they are, it’s some sad denouement to a life on the fringes and I fear it will bring the family members that forensic DNA associates with the remains much pain.

Really no winning outcomes here,
Aside from maybe one,
So much talk, for decades, about the need to take rigorous looks at foster families.
Curious what that will reveal here (Vegas?)
What I’m not curious about, because I will be shocked if it isn’t the case, is whether the monthly checks from the state were religiously deposited. I am sure they were. It’s strange, right, how that happens.

What I’m not curious about, because I will be shocked if it isn’t the case, is whether the monthly checks from the state were religiously deposited. I am sure they were. It’s strange, right, how that happens.
RSBM

Interestingly enough though, London was an adult when she was last seen. In 2019 she was 22 years old.

The police report for 17-year-old Blake Deven's disappearance lists a home on Eichelberger Drive as his adoptive mother's address”

“People in the neighborhood told ABC11 that they saw Fayetteville police officers and Federal Bureau of Investigations agents searching the area April 6.”

The police report for 17-year-old Blake Deven's disappearance lists a home on Eichelberger Drive as his adoptive mother's address”

“People in the neighborhood told ABC11 that they saw Fayetteville police officers and Federal Bureau of Investigations agents searching the area April 6.”
From the video in that news article, the newsperson says that April6 was the second time FBI/Police searched that Eichelberger house and the next door neighbour said that he wasn’t asked any questions by the police. There is video and drone shots of the house while LE was being searching.

Most days I keep my local police/fire scanner on in the background. I just heard a welfare check dispatched involving a child who had been withdrawn from her elementary school ahead of a move to the other side of the city. Someone at the school -- I don't know if it's a teacher, a principal, or what, but someone noticed that the child had not been enrolled at a new school and requested police visit her new address to see what's up. (I say "noticed" but I'd bet this is not the sort of information one comes across by accident.) Someone is keeping an eye out for that little girl, and we need more people like him or her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back