NC - Dorian Harper & Wanda Larson for abuse of foster child, Monroe, 2013

Im sure the inmates are anticipating their arrival.....karma is a b....

There really are parenting classes in prison, but of course I really doubt it would help either of these people. I hate to think what damage people like these can do and maybe have done to others that we don't know about.

In the old days it was called "Mother Craft" classes. I believe young parents need and deserve all classes. I am an old person who was surprised by a lactose intolerance. That means when you feed from formula, they cry after 20 mins.

I think these PEOPLE are disgusting and may put forward their 'skills'. Any how I know a very respected teacher who didn't let us in to her world as she was protecting her foster child.

I would if I could teach anyone about reflux in babies. It may let the mothers know that the crying is from reflux and not them.

I was a mother at hmm mature and the reflux knocked me for six. I thought my education and loving was all that was needed. My patience and understanding won the day.

A social services supervisor and a nurse face child abuse charges after an 11-year-old North Carolina boy was found handcuffed to a porch, shivering, with a dead chicken around his neck, Union County authorities say.
. . . Larson is a supervisor with the Union County Department of Social Services. Cathey said his deputies had a good working relationship with Larson -- and that both suspects were well-respected in their professions.
"It's shocking to see how they lived," Cathey said. "The conditions were horrible. Trash, filth, animals and animal waste inside and outside the home. You could barely breath inside that house."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/11/17/boy-found-dead-chicken/3618127/

Who can you trust???!!! :banghead:

Foster care.
Home schooled.

Money involved, too?

I get so disgusted by people taking advantage of kids already in a bad situation.

Diana Rugg ‏@DianaRuggOnTV 4m
House of Hoarders- where 11-year-old was found chained to porch in Union County pic.twitter.com/lG06hVVTBF

BZTaUtDCEAAwgyn.jpg:large

Diana Rugg ‏@DianaRuggOnTV 1m
Porch where 11 y/o found in Union Co. Sources say inside is 'about the same condition' pic.twitter.com/LWTlxSbTZ9

BZTg0VzCQAAUbii.jpg

Deputies, Animal Control officers making sure animals get fed at 11 y/o's house in Union Co pic.twitter.com/QejDqOJ8XM

BZThWiuCMAEVOct.jpg:large

Cathey revealed shocking new details on Sunday night after his investigators searched a home where authorities said an 11-year-old boy was found handcuffed to a porch wearing only his underwear with a dead chicken tied around his neck.

Cathey said investigators found a piece of steel inside the home that they believe the 11-year-old was handcuffed to every night.

snipped

"There is no reason, no thinking of a common sense person, would think that anyone living in those conditions could adopt not only a child ... We wouldn't let them adopt an animal out of our animal shelter," said Cathey.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/union-co-community-reeling-after-11-year-old-found/nbwPS/

Capt. Cody Luke confirmed Sunday night that Sheriff Eddie Cathey also said feces were found on the floor of the Austin Road house: “The smell would take your breath,” Cathey said, calling it “terrible.”

snipped

Steve Mills said the land he and his wife live on abuts that of the boy’s foster parents, Dorian Harper and Wanda Larson, who have been charged with intentional child abuse inflicting serious injury, false imprisonment and animal cruelty.

snipped

Mills said a boy came running up to his home in late July or early August, “crying and panicking, and said, ‘Mister, can I have something to eat?’” He said his wife was going to make him a sandwich when two other boys arrived. “They told me he was the newest one (and) said they were going to take him back.”

snipped

This boy “was real small. He looked the smallest one out of the bunch. ... We just assumed he was kind of scared, (being in a) new house, new area, new siblings.”

Animals from that household routinely come onto the Mills’ land, he said. “We’ve had donkeys and llamas ... and that pot-bellied pig comes up on our land. I left a message; they never did call. The pig come up here today.”

Another neighbor, who asked that her name not be used, said a boy appeared on her porch in May 2012, “purple” with cold, with no coat, saying he was hungry. When asked, he said he had no mother or father and didn’t know where he lived.

She brought him inside and fed him a sandwich: “It didn’t take him 10 seconds to eat it,” she said. He told her he was 10 years old, and that he had slept in the woman’s barn, behind her house, the night before. When she told him she would take him home, she said, he answered: “No. I want to stay here.”

Her daughter called 911, she said, and a sheriff’s deputy came out, spoke with the boy, made a phone call, then told him she’d take him home. “He didn’t refuse. He just went with her.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...was-routinely.html#.Uol4CcSsh8E#storylink=cpy

I hope these piggy 's never see the light of day again. This is IMOO just the beginning about the abuse these 2 rendered on the poor children in their care.

my heart breaks for the child. What 's to do this. Especially one who knows full well the harm done to abused children

Porch where 11 y/o found in Union Co. Sources say inside is 'about the same condition' pic.twitter.com/LWTlxSbTZ9

BZTg0VzCQAAUbii.jpg

Deputies, Animal Control officers making sure animals get fed at 11 y/o's house in Union Co pic.twitter.com/QejDqOJ8XM

BZThWiuCMAEVOct.jpg:large

I think they should charge this woman with premeditated abuse ,is there such a thing?

Thanks for the updates and pictures.

Well, I know even the most amazing interior surroundings and houses can host the most sicka and twisted people and still adopt (Martin MacNeill), but an environment as pictures above is most often an indicator that something isn't well.

How are people like this allowed to adopt?

That poor boy running to neighbours trying to get food.

I can only imagine what happened to him when he got back after his brothers picked him up and the second time the police took him home.

Maybe the alarm should have rung when the police saw all this?

Seems that Social Services didn't bother doing any checking on one of their own. The conditions of that property, inside and out, did not happen in a matter of days.

Kathryn Burcham ‏@KathrynBurcham 21m wsoc

I'm also told while the children involved are in protective custody in Davidson County, the SBI is joining the investigation

Sources tell me who knew what/when regarding DSS worker arrested for child abuse will be discussed at #Union Co commissioners mtg tonight

WSOC TV ‏@WSOC_TV 2h
NEW story development this morning: A Union Co. couple accused of handcuffing child are expected in court Monday - http://bit.ly/1ajvE1l

from the article:

Channel 9 is expecting to learn Monday who will represent Wanda Larson and Dorian Harper after deputies found their foster child cuffed outside.
The couple has been charged with child abuse and animal cruelty.

On Sunday night, Eyewitness News learned that detectives plan to question the Department of Social Services about the child's care.

Eyewitness News has not been able to get any answers from the Union County Department of Social Services, but Sheriff Eddie Cathey told Eyewitness News that his department will.

Eyewitness News also heard from a man on Sunday night who had a heartbreaking interaction with one of the children living at the couple's home, now wishing he had done something to help.

"The littlest one was coming up the street, crying and hollering. He was panicking. He come up "Mister can I have something to eat? I'm starving. Can I come in please?'" said Steve Mills.

snipped

Cathey said the children were often underfed.

Investigators also believe the couple would routinely chain a child to a piece of railroad rail found inside the home that was littered with animal feces.

WSOC TV ‏@WSOC_TV 57s
MORE: Dorian Harper has been issued a $500,000 secure bond and Wanda Larson has been issued a $520,000 bond. Next court date for both is 1/7

WSOC TV ‏@WSOC_TV 1m
STORY UPDATE: A judge has issued bonds for the Union Co. couple accused of handcuffing child expected in court Monday. (continued..)

Glenn Counts WCNC ‏@gcountswcnc 19m
Harper walks out in arm and leg restraints

Glenn Counts WCNC ‏@gcountswcnc 21m
Given their demeanor you would not know that Harper and Larson are charged with a disturbing crime

Glenn Counts WCNC ‏@gcountswcnc 28m
Just like Larson there was no emotion

Glenn Counts WCNC ‏@gcountswcnc 28m
He asked for court appointed attny and tried to explain why, but it was difficult to hear him.

Glenn Counts WCNC ‏@gcountswcnc 30m
Harper is brought in by himself

Glenn Counts WCNC ‏@gcountswcnc 37m
She has left courtroom

Glenn Counts WCNC ‏@gcountswcnc 45m
She is filling out a financial affidavit so the judge can determine if she qualifies. She is only female inmate still in courtroom

Glenn Counts WCNC ‏@gcountswcnc 47m
Did not show any emotion

Glenn Counts WCNC ‏@gcountswcnc 48m
She walked with hand and leg restraints and asked for court app attorney

Glenn Counts WCNC ‏@gcountswcnc 50m
Larson just walked into courtroom

Glenn Counts WCNC ‏@gcountswcnc 51m
Waiting for hearing involving Union Co couple accused of hanging dead chicken around neck of 11 year old

Kathryn Burcham ‏@KathrynBurcham 3m
.@UnionCoSheriff is expected to release an update on #DSSworker Wanda Larson case mid-afternoon

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back