NC NC - Edgecombe County serial killer - looking for info/guidance on unsolved SK case

Picklebackk

Reaction score
hey everyone! Glad to be here!
I hope this is the right forum but I’m brand new on Websleuths and I need some guidance. A little about me- I have had a deep (sometimes unhealthy lol) interest in true crime for many years. It is a major passion of mine. I’ve listened to hours and hours of true crime podcast, watched countless true crime shows, and dreamed of going back to school for forensics or investigative journalism. Recently I have had a gnawing desire to start a podcast. Keep in mind this is just a dream of mine (but hey, everyone starts somewhere right??)
So I guess I am starting here.
I am a resident in NC and I heard about a case here that I have not been able to get out of my mind, and it is the unsolved case of the Seven Bridges SK. Aka edge comb county serial killer.

Edgecombe County serial killer - Wikipedia

There are so many circumstances I want to explore, like the fact these women were all sex workers, all found in the same area, it was blamed on one man who was only charged with only one murder with very little evidence. My heart goes out to the victims and their families, it disgusts me how little law enforcement seems to care when sex workers are getting slaughtered not only here but all over the country. These victims families have reached out begging law enforcement to keep looking for the killer or charge Antwon Pittman for all the murders. I want to start an amateur podcast to bring awareness to this case in hopes that it can shed some light on what happened to these girls or at least honor their lives so that this case is not forgotten, so these women are not forgotten. If anyone has any advice as to where I should start or how I should go about this I’m all ears!! I guess I’m seeking help and guidance because I’m new at this as to what I can do going forward, where I should start, and how to become an awesome Websleuth like you all!!
Thank you!
Again, I’m sorry if this is the wrong forum, I am really just trusting my gut here and taking a shot in the dark.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93
Back