NC NC - Julia Gabriel, 38, Statesville, 18 July 1983

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Last seen alive: July 18, 1983 at 20:17

Circumstances: A 38-year-old real estate agent in Mooresville, she apparently was on her way to meet a prospective client to appraise Lake Norman property, north of Charlotte. Two days later, her pale-green 1981 Buick Skylark was found in a restaurant parking lot. The window on the passenger side was shattered.

Ms. Gabriel's disappearance set off intense air, land and water searches the rest of that month in 1983. But it wasn't until February 1984, seven months later, that her ripped blue slacks, red shoes, pocketbook and car keys were discovered in woods not far from where her car had been abandoned. A suspect was arrested and convicted of Dianne's murder. Her body has never been found.

First Name: Julia Dianne
Middle Name: Dianne
Last Name: Gabriel
[h=3]Details[/h] Age When Last Known Alive: 38
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 66.0
Weight: 140.0 to
[h=3]Location[/h] City: Statesville
State: North Carolina
County: Iredell
[h=3]Appearance[/h] Hair: Sandy
Head Hair: light brown
Eye: Blue
Foreign Objects: according to reports she had been bound with duct tape and her clothes were cut off, she may of have been found with duct tape on or near body
Skeletal Information: given birth one child
[h=3]Clothing and Accessories[/h] Clothing: all clothes found except under clothes
Jewelry: plain gold ring with ringlets

http://www.missingin.org/reg2904/julia_dianne_gabriel.htm

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5178/

The man convicted of killing has been released from prison. This happened in my area and I’ve heard all kinds of rumors about what happened to her body.

This happened in my area. I was 10 years old and remember the case well. Johnny Head was convicted of her murder but only served 16 years of a 50 year sentence. This was only the second time in NC for a no body conviction. Here is a failed 1986 appeal. This is very detailed on what all was used to convict him.
State v. Head, 79 N.C. App. 1 | Casetext

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapper_physicist
Back