NE - Pedophile?? What Happened Here?

'Cause his truck was in the front of the house somewhere and she knew he did not live there, maybe? Kids are smart and notice a lot. I am not saying he did anything or didn't do anything. I am just poring over all the possibilities, looking at every angle. That is how I look at most things. People's motives and behavior are much more deep-seated than the news story could even begin to cover. Whether she is right, he is right, or the truth is in the middle.

'Cause his truck was in the front of the house somewhere and she knew he did not live there, maybe? Kids are smart and notice a lot. I am not saying he did anything or didn't do anything. I am just poring over all the possibilities, looking at every angle. That is how I look at most things. People's motives and behavior are much more deep-seated than the news story could even begin to cover. Whether she is right, he is right, or the truth is in the middle.

bbm

Nobody here is. Fact is he got arrested. LE usually does not take that lightly, so in light of them having all the info and we don't, if we're ignoring all the red flags, that alone would seem to point in the direction of the girl not having made everything up.

I'm not getting at all why people (not mainly here, but on comments on the news articles) are acting like the news is slandering Steven Levy for no particular reason, like he wasn't arrested at all. They're reporting like they do on any arrest. I think that's all I can say about it while staying within WS rules.

Some news sites are starting to disable comment sections because they've just become cesspits. I hope more follow suit.

If all he did was say hi from the driveway, how would she have been able to describe his truck? How would she even have thought of doing that - it would have been more logical (IF she had made something up) that he was trying to lure her into the home. And that on top of making up a mean-named game that happens to be slang for masturbation? WHY would she do any of that in the first place if a friendly guy just said 'hi'? I've posted links before - kids are not routinely making up stories like this. I'm sticking with my thoughts. :)

I agree with you Janet. The posters who say "well this little girl wasn't harmed", so no harm, no foul don't look at the what if's. If this guy had carried his threat out it would be too late, and who's side would they be on then??? This was an attempt that was foiled before it could get bad. People do get charged for crimes like attempted murder.

From a former child victim, can't thank you enough for this post!!!:clap::clap::clap: :goodpost:I was molested by my uncle with noone else around and my own family refused to believe me.
So, sorry you had to endure that as a young child. I am also sad that you were alone during this horrific time in your life. When the ones you rely on the most to protect you end up failing you.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

http://www.ketv.com/news/omaha-man-...-a-naval-veteran-family-man/39148164#comments

I did say I wouldn't be posting on here again but felt I needed to. Mr Levy was released with charges dropped. I felt this might provide closure to the discussion.

Why in heaven's name did they fell the need to put his name and picture on local news media? He is ruined for life now in the eyes of many locals.

Just because someone was released from custody and the charges dropped doesn't mean they are innocent of wrongdoing - it just means prosecutors decided they don't have enough evidence to proceed to trial and have a reasonable chance of conviction.

I still err on the side of the child in any situation although, in this particular case, the point is now moot.

A few short years ago, quite a young child disclosed to me that their preschool teacher was 'tickling' them and mostly 'tickled' their (word for their) genitals. I didn't question the child but told one of their parents. After speaking to their child they said I had 'misheard' and continued to send their child to the preschool. As I know the child extremely well and I have perfect hearing, I reported what the child had told me to child protection.

Immediate consequences:

'teacher' and preschool confidentially investigated and cleared,

parents told by Director that the child was 'no longer welcome' at preschool because they'd caused trouble for the 'teacher' (before the investigation even started!) and

I was verbally, emotionally and psychologically abused, and

The child and her younger sibling and I weren't 'allowed' to see each other (except when I fronted up at Christmas) for around six months.

Ultimate conclusion:

12 months later 'teacher' was arrested, charged and convicted of child sex offences involving another child; including possessing child *advertiser censored*.

I was molested when I was the same age as the child and when I told one of my parents, the incident was minimised and my feelings dismissed. It set me up for (up until a few years ago) a lifetime of abuse because the effect was that I felt unimportant and that I had 'no voice'. Not one more. Not on my watch. Never. Ever.

From a former child victim, can't thank you enough for this post!!!:clap::clap::clap: :goodpost:I was molested by my uncle with noone else around and my own family refused to believe me.

If no one has ever apologised to you for the evil that was done to you as a child, please let me say how sorry I am that happened to you. Child abuse is inexcusable and when you told your family you deserved to be believed. Please let me stress it is never the child's fault so it is not your fault. The responsibility for what they did to you is entirely on their shoulders. You are not a former child 'victim' you are a 'victor'! Hail, brave warrior and true!

Some people do somehow channel Nancy Grace and try to find a "predator" in every bad (or even non-"bad") situation that occurs in life.

Your 10-y/o kid, who doesn't know how to swim, goes to a pool party at a friends house.
Your kid has some kind of accident and drowns.
Who's responsible? The parents of their friend.
Why? Because they turned their eyes for ⅛-second away from the kids and something bad happened.

Your kid gets kidnapped while walking home from school.
Who's responsible? The school system (for letting them walk home), along with everyone that lives along their route home.
Why? They COULD have have somehow known something was up and done something to stop it from happening.

Those are a couple of truly bad things that would happen to a kid that I could think up.

The kid in question was not harmed in any way/shape/form. Other than acting like she was scared of somebody that she didn't know.
When I was little, the intro to the PBS show Wonderworks scared me. Did my family sue PBS? No. That would be stupid.

The man was not a relative or close family acquaintance that could have been able to be abusing them over and over again and getting away with it because of such.

"KELLY MICHAELS" RITUAL ABUSE CASES IN MAPLEWOOD, NJ

Youths' 'Tainted' Testimony Is Barred in Day Care Retrial
The New York Times
(New York, NY)
6/13/1998

This fellow's crime?
He purportedly asked her if she wanted to play a "beat up kids" game. He also tried to "scoop her up" off of her bike while driving a van. Both of which are unrealistic in the very least.
The last one, actually both are very realistic for a predator. There was a little girl kidnapping here in the SF Bay area, a few years ago, one of many who was kidnapped off her bike at a convienience store. Might have been Amanda "Nikki" Campbell, can't remember.

It's kind of odd that an officer thought there was enough to arrest him, but something led them to decline charges. Insufficient evidence? Lack of witnesses? One would think that would have come up before being booked in the first place. I suspect they have strong suspicions, and maybe thought a strategy of publicizing his name and photo might bring other victims or near-victims out of the woodwork.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519
Back