Netherlands Netherlands - Waal near Dodewaard, WhtMale, 30-50, in major river, Jan 2018

dutchhelp

Reaction score
Info from Dutch police:
On the 2nd of January 2018 (14:30) the body of an unknown male was found in the river de Waal, near Dodewaard.

Skin color: White
Age: 30-50 (40-50 likely, older police report notes 50+ likely and 30-60)
Length: 1.90 cm (6'2 feet)
Weight: Circa 85 kg (187 lbs)
Teeth: Own, with repairs
Hair: Dark, up to 7 centimeters in the neck
Beard: Three days old
Other: Slightly bend right middle finger
Clothing: (pictures at Dutch police)
- Shoes: Found only left, brown Tobago Outdoor brand shoe size 45 (10/10.5 US)
- Socks: Black with purple edge
- Jeans: blue Jinglers 03 brand jeans
- Black underpants size 7/XL

The man had been in the water for 4 or more weeks.

Page on Dutch police website (in Dutch, including pictures of clothing): De Waal - Dodewaard
Older police report: Stoffelijk overschot aangetroffen

News article 112 rivierenland: Dodewaard - Stoffelijk overschot aangetroffen
News article Gelderlander (not much info): Cookies op gelderlander.nl | gelderlander.nl

----
My remarks:
De Waal is a major river in the Netherlands, on which ships travel between Rotterdam harbor and the industrial Ruhr area in Germany. Dodewaard is circa 40 kilometer (25 miles) downstream from the German border. I suspect the man might have been in the water for a while (they show no picture of him), could be that he drifted from Germany

Pictures of clothing:
1-dsc_6927-1.jpg

1-dsc_6931-1.jpg
1-dsc_6938-1.jpg

Body found at Dodewaard not a crime victim
DODEWAARD - The dead man who was found on Tuesday in the floodplains of the Waal near Dodewaard is not the victim of a crime. The police will let you know after an investigation. The victim's identity is still unknown.

DPG Media Privacy Gate

This person could have gone into the Rhine as far as Basel, Switzerland ending up in the Waal. It would be interesting to know how long it takes for a body to flow from A (let's say Basel, Switzerland) to B (Dodewaard, the Netherlands), considering the current, narrows, weather and branches, etc. I guess the Dutch police put an expert and/or a computer program on that and sorted that out. That is if the body flowed without any obstacles, Of course he also could have gone in the Waal somewhere and was withheld from coming up because of obstacles. A computer program could do the math with some certain/uncertain parameters, I guess. I think it's possible to give a minimum/maximum distance where he went into the water based on the forensic research about how long he must have been in the water. Just my opinion.

De Rijn van bron tot monding | Reizen langs Rivieren Travelling along Rivers

The Rhine is one of the longest rivers in Europe with a length of 1,324 km. The source is in the Tomasee near the Swiss Oberalp pass.

From this mountain lake, located 2,345 meters above sea level, the Vorderrhein flows as a small stream in an easterly direction and has already developed into a vigorous watercourse at the Rheinschlucht. At Reichenau, the Hinterrhein joins the river. After the city of Chur, the Rhine turns in a wide bend to Lake Constance and from there flows west to Basel. Here the river begins a long journey through the border region between France and Germany.

After Karlsruhe, the Rhine flows past Mannheim, Wiesbaden, Koblenz, Bonn and Cologne.

The river enters the Netherlands after Emmerich at Lobith <The older Dutchies learned that in school but actually it's Spijk> After the Pannerdensche Kop, the stream splits. About two thirds of the water flows to the North Sea via the Waal, Boven-, Beneden- and Nieuwe Merwede. The remaining part is transported via the Pannerdensch Canal, after which branches follow to Neder-Rijn, Lek and Geldersche IJssel.

I dont believe he came from Germany as ive never seen Jinglers brand in Germany.

I just did some research and have to stand corrected. Jinglers was the denim brand of German clothes discounter C&A. Obviously we dont wear jeans, lol.
But I believe C&A is allover Europe, has stores in Belgium and Netherlands as well. Bummer. Does not help us.

I just did some research and have to stand corrected. Jinglers was the denim brand of German clothes discounter C&A. Obviously we dont wear jeans, lol.
But I believe C&A is allover Europe, has stores in Belgium and Netherlands as well. Bummer. Does not help us.

OT. Are you from Germany? I'm from the Netherlands.

I grew up in Germany but moved to Austria 6 years ago. Nice to meet you!

Does anyone know the brand of shoes? Or the brand on the other item of clothing?

Does anyone know the brand of shoes? Or the brand on the other item of clothing?

Shoes: Found only left, brown Tobago Outdoor brand shoe size 45 (10/10.5 US)
Jeans: blue Jinglers 03 brand jeans
I don't recognize the logo on the underpants.

Shoes: Found only left, brown Tobago Outdoor brand shoe size 45 (10/10.5 US)
Jeans: blue Jinglers 03 brand jeans
I don't recognize the logo on the underpants.
Thank you! Anyone who does recognize the logo?

Is there a logo "wiz" around on here? @Ngaio You are really good at this. are you still around?

When I search for Tobago Outdoor, it only brings me to German-speaking pages. Seems like a brand specialized in wider feet. Jinglers is indeed the type of jeans C&A made, more specifically in the 90s and maybe 00s, but those stores are indeed kind of everywhere in Western Europe. The crown on the label of the underwear makes me think of Palmers which is an Austrian brand for underwear, but I can't find their recent clothing labels.

Attachments

• 1707576085017.png
    1707576085017.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads