New developments in unsolved Jennings murders

first post but long time lurker. i would like to know if any one has figured out anything about the 2 bodies found in acadia parish around 2003. i know for sure one was in 2003 and 1 was later. both were found in canals (gulleys) with no cause of death released to my knowledge.

Meah, do you have dates and any details about these two murders in Acadia Parish?

I would be concerned too, the sheriff ricky never tells anyone what time of progress is being made, aside from the reward money which isn't progress, just incentive for tips to come in.

For the life of me i don't understand why half the time they say it's not a serial killer, it may be a "common offender". So the serial killer is a common offender.

The more media attention this case gets, the better! :furious: Hopefully it'll put pressure on LE there to work harder on catching the serial killer they have running loose! The victims' families deserve justice!

I believe that LE may have finally used the term "serial killer" in an interview, though i don't know the specific one. I know that a more recent one that I read included Sheriff Ricky Edwards saying something to the effect of all signs pointed to one killer.

Correction: Under the topic "The Victims", MeoW33 said:

"Finally! Officials confirm serial killings. It's about time they open their eyes and said the words "serial killer" aloud!
http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...WS01/910290326
"Officials investigating the deaths of eight Jefferson Davis Parish women called the murders the work of a serial killer for the first time Wednesday" "

I am from a place not very far from jennings at all and even closer to where two of the bodies were found and I will say that the talk in jennings is the the LE doesnt want to push the investigation into federal hands because they are like any other small town USA it is our problem and we will handle it. Most of the People in Jennings are related to each other as a matter of fact two of my employees are related to three of the victims. It is also rumored that the investigation is leading them to lean toward an officer that is involved in investigating the case. It is also rumored that his wife has a drug problem and this is a vengance toward the people who supply her with the drugs. Just Rumors but interesting ones.

Wow, anything is possible. They need to bring in outside LE to do an internal investigation if that's the case. I don't see how the other officers who work with the one who could be suspect wouldn't notice anything off.
The logic would make sense as fitting a "motive" and the profile of a suspect. Local resident, familiar with area, likes control and power, in possible career as Law Enforcement, has hatred against drugs, drugs users, and pushers due to his wife (a woman he loves having a drug addiction).

What i would wonder if, if anyone knows the particular individual, around the time of each murder, was there any particular stressors in the killer's life that were stressing him out, setting him off to be more likely to kill?

Whoever has been murdering the girls has been cocky about it. To leave one body on the road to the police shooting range.. the timing of Britany's murder, etc.
He is showing off. Sometimes i wonder if that's the reason Jenning's took so long to acknowledge they have a serial killer and give him a little nickname is because they didn't want to play into his ego and feed it.

They really need to step aside and let the FBI take over the whole case in order for it to be fairly investigated and justice for these women to be served.

I am from a place not very far from jennings at all and even closer to where two of the bodies were found and I will say that the talk in jennings is the the LE doesnt want to push the investigation into federal hands because they are like any other small town USA it is our problem and we will handle it. Most of the People in Jennings are related to each other as a matter of fact two of my employees are related to three of the victims. It is also rumored that the investigation is leading them to lean toward an officer that is involved in investigating the case. It is also rumored that his wife has a drug problem and this is a vengance toward the people who supply her with the drugs. Just Rumors but interesting ones.

The killer is most likely for sure a local and is familiar with the area
The killer is knowledgeable about evidence and dna and poured bleach on a victim to rid of it. He knows how to hide and rid of evidence.
The killer, if a member of LE would certainly know who is who in the "drug crowd".
The killer has killed all women that have had drug problems. Possibly suggests that in the killer's life there has been a strong female figure who was heavily involved in drugs, whether it be a mother, a wife, or even a daughter, son, or father.
Possibly while killing the women, the killer is acting out a metaphorical fantasy of killing his drug addicted wife or mother in his mind.

I could see him going after male drug dealers, sellers who are known to sell hardcore drugs to people. A lot of these women were users, Brittany was just a kid (17) not an adult yet. That's what i can't understand why does he kill only women who are known drug users? It may be possible the killer has a drug addicted son, who the killer blames the son's drug use on a former girlfriend, hence the killing of only women.

That's what i can't fit into the scenario is that if it is vengance against people who supplied the killer's loved one with drugs, why not either have them locked up (possibly aware of the prison revolving door policy and they would just get back out) or it goes deeper than just revenge for those who supplied drugs to the wife.

I'm sure there's a lot of male drug dealers in Jennings. This killer kills only females.. it's more than vengance, although vengance does factor into why he is killing drug addicted females. That may be where the loved one with a severe drug problem in his life (possibly when he was young, or presently as in a wife) would come in.

It's such a small area, it has to obvious who the person in LE would be. If they have been lifelong resident since they grew up, does any locals know if anyone in their family (mother, father, siblings, grandparents) had a history of drug abuse as well? I would figure childhood abuse would fit into the equation..
I am thinking, this is just a theory, that if during their childhood, growing years they had a family member affected by drugs or alcohol and suffered abuse due to it, possibly may be another reason they decided to become a cop (along with the control and power that is associated with the job).

If it was just vengance, i would think he would be killing male drug dealers instead of females. These women had families..

Did the killings start around the time his wife/relative either had a relapse with drugs, started doing drugs, or got more heavily into drugs? If she/he did relapse a lot, do the times of his/her relapse match the times around when the girls were murdered?

I hope i explained this okay, if not i'll try to explain better =)

This is a rediculous story that I find highly suspicious...it's an article entitled "KPLC refuses to turn over video recordings". Turns out a Jennings judge ordered that the footage of interviews with the victims family be handed over. These interviews are from the hour long documentary on the murders. Here's the link:

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11538038

I really appreciate the way that MeoW333 laid out the seemingly appropriate description of what this serial killer may be like and his motives. Very good thinking and thanks for sharing :)

I really appreciate the way that MeoW333 laid out the seemingly appropriate description of what this serial killer may be like and his motives. Very good thinking and thanks for sharing :)

Thank you JenningsGirl4444, that's sweet of you =)

I try, however i really do believe that Sheriff Ricky needs to swallow his pride and let the Feds take over. Clearly the local task force is being incompetent. Almost to the point they are trying to hide something..

Welcome to Websleuths Louisiana Saint!
That sure is some interesting info there. It's surprising how someone didn't realize they were cleaning up blood.. it dries differently than catsup or anything else..
Your post is important and i'd love to read more posts from you.

What kind of personality does Billy Connor's son have? (this is important as it can help with profiling)

Your information is very helpful, the FBI needs to come in and clean up the whole police force.
It's just not right that they refuse to solve these cases that are easily solvable. It's a small town, everyone knows eachother, the killer is local.
The victims and their families deserve justice! Its so sad how the police can just brush them aside.
The Law Enforcement there (LE for short) makes it look bad for other police elsewhere who are loyal to the badge and actually are police to make a difference and help people.

It's common for local police to not want the FBI to take over i guess it comes down to pride and turf and all that. However in these cases, it's essential that the FBI takes over, or i'm afraid nothing will be done.

At the very least, the local department is inexperience with dealing with a serial killer and they really need the Feds to come in and take it off their hands with their own expertise.

MeoW333, You are very welcome :) By the way is that a corgi in your picture? I loveee corgies!

I was watching the KPLC news at 10:00 PM last night and there was an advertisement for a documentary on the Jennings Murders available on their website, kplctv.com. I searched all over the website for it this morning, but could not find the documentary anywhere. If anyone is able to access it, please let me know.

Also, I found the official website for the investigative units working on the case. It lists each victim one by one and their information. It also lists the agencies that comprise the task force. The last tab lists a bit of information about the press conference held a while back. I found these statements very interesting:

"As I previously mentioned, all of these independent agencies are joined in support of the investigation centered at the Jefferson Davis Parish Sheriff’s Office. We speak with one voice and will bring the offender to justice as one TEAM. The complete facts and evidence gathered thus far are only known to law enforcement. The integrity of this investigation must not be compromised by disclosing evidence and/or other investigative results."

WHICH HIGHLY CONFLICTS WITH THE ENDING STATEMENT:

"Our other partners in this investigation are you, the citizens of Jennings, Jefferson Davis Parish, and all of the surrounding towns and parishes. We have had a tremendous response from the public and we ask for your continued support."

-http://jeffdaviscrimes.net/

Okay, so these two statements conflict with each other. The police cannot release any information to the public, yet the public is their "partner" in solving this case? I don't know about anyone else's opinion on the matter, but I believe it's kinda hard to try and help police at this point unless they talk to us. I truly believe some people may know more than they realize and that communication between LE and citizens would further progress more than ever. Unless someone calls and says "The killer is...." then I doubt the citizens can help in any way after this much time has elapsed. It's impossible to work with anyone if there is no communication present.

The article is also filled with many general statements like:

"We are working collectively as a team with the shared and mutual goals of bringing closure for the families of Loretta, Ernestine, Kristen, Whitnei, Muggy, Shay, Brittney and Necole, and bringing the responsible party to justice. Additionally, since November 2008, the Investigative Team has been tasked to find approximately 30 females who were reported missing."

Okay...so what's up with the 30 missing females statement? Isn't this case about solving for the murder of eight women from Jennings? Why aren't they focusing totally on the murders?

I don't get it. This is ridiculous and frustrating and I'm sure I am not the only person feeling this way at this point. All of these inconsistencies in LE statements are pathetic. I say if they want to address the public, say something that we don't know already and that is related purely to our one case. I hope this bothers other people as well...

I am not knowledgeable about things such as this, so I don't mean to offend any LE working on this case. I'm just wondering...Why can't the FBI just come in and take over the case? Do they have to be "invited" to do so by the Jennings police? Are the feds not allowed to get involved because the murders never crossed into other areas? Why can't a citizen make a formal request and ask them to get involved?

MeoW333, You are very welcome :) By the way is that a corgi in your picture? I loveee corgies!

I was watching the KPLC news at 10:00 PM last night and there was an advertisement for a documentary on the Jennings Murders available on their website, kplctv.com. I searched all over the website for it this morning, but could not find the documentary anywhere. If anyone is able to access it, please let me know.

Also, I found the official website for the investigative units working on the case. It lists each victim one by one and their information. It also lists the agencies that comprise the task force. The last tab lists a bit of information about the press conference held a while back. I found these statements very interesting:

"As I previously mentioned, all of these independent agencies are joined in support of the investigation centered at the Jefferson Davis Parish Sheriff’s Office. We speak with one voice and will bring the offender to justice as one TEAM. The complete facts and evidence gathered thus far are only known to law enforcement. The integrity of this investigation must not be compromised by disclosing evidence and/or other investigative results."

WHICH HIGHLY CONFLICTS WITH THE ENDING STATEMENT:

"Our other partners in this investigation are you, the citizens of Jennings, Jefferson Davis Parish, and all of the surrounding towns and parishes. We have had a tremendous response from the public and we ask for your continued support."

-http://jeffdaviscrimes.net/

Okay, so these two statements conflict with each other. The police cannot release any information to the public, yet the public is their "partner" in solving this case? I don't know about anyone else's opinion on the matter, but I believe it's kinda hard to try and help police at this point unless they talk to us. I truly believe some people may know more than they realize and that communication between LE and citizens would further progress more than ever. Unless someone calls and says "The killer is...." then I doubt the citizens can help in any way after this much time has elapsed. It's impossible to work with anyone if there is no communication present.

The article is also filled with many general statements like:

"We are working collectively as a team with the shared and mutual goals of bringing closure for the families of Loretta, Ernestine, Kristen, Whitnei, Muggy, Shay, Brittney and Necole, and bringing the responsible party to justice. Additionally, since November 2008, the Investigative Team has been tasked to find approximately 30 females who were reported missing."

Okay...so what's up with the 30 missing females statement? Isn't this case about solving for the murder of eight women from Jennings? Why aren't they focusing totally on the murders?

I don't get it. This is ridiculous and frustrating and I'm sure I am not the only person feeling this way at this point. All of these inconsistencies in LE statements are pathetic. I say if they want to address the public, say something that we don't know already and that is related purely to our one case. I hope this bothers other people as well...

So where's the other 22 women that are suppose to be missing? Why hasn't anyone posted their faces on TV? Why haven't we heard about them? Are they from around here(Jennings,etc.)? I didn't hear anything about 22 more missing.

So where's the other 22 women that are suppose to be missing? Why hasn't anyone posted their faces on TV? Why haven't we heard about them? Are they from around here(Jennings,etc.)? I didn't hear anything about 22 more missing.

My point exactly...what's a statement like that doing in a press conference about 8 murdered women from Jennings? It sounds totally irrelevant and unrelated the way he just throws that into the mix. I surely haven't heard anything about 22 other missing women!

I did. Numerous women reported missing and subsequently found safe.

http://www.americanpress.com/lc/blogs/wpnewssum/?p=7418

Police swabbed for DNA (12/28)
Posted December 27, 2009 at 11:34 pm
Filed Under News | Leave a Comment
LAFAYETTE (AP) — Law enforcement officers who work for agencies investigating the deaths of eight women in Jefferson Davis Parish are having their DNA tested against evidence in the cases.
Those being tested include members of the Jefferson Davis Parish Sheriff’s Office, the Jennings Police Department and other official agencies.
Jefferson Davis Sheriff Ricky Edwards said the testing is being done to “clear up some of the gossip and rumors that it may be a law enforcement officer involved.”

This is so interesting! I wonder if Ricky Edwards ordered it because he had a reason to other than to "dispel rumors". That seems like alot of time and effort to collect DNA for the sake of quieting rumors. If that is really his motive, why didn't he follow through with this a long time ago when the rumors started? I hope it gets the team further along with the investigation. That would be amazing after all this time of little communication with the public. It's been almost 5 years since the first killing and I am always just hoping that they can solve it before another girl gets killed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back