New Time 11:30 PM EASTERN Tonight True Crime Radio Questions Only Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
FOR TONIGHT ONLY THE SHOW WITH SHERYL MCCOLLUM WILL START AT 11:30 PM EASTERN TIME.

SHERYL AND HER STUDENTS FROM THE COLD CASE INVESTIGATIVE RESEARCH INSTITUTE WILL BE ON "AFTER DARK" ON HLN TONIGHT 10 PM EASTERN.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE TONIGHT 11:30 PM EASTERN

PLEASE POST QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S SHOW WITH SHERYL MCCOLLUM. QUESTIONS ONLY. NO DISCUSSION

Question:

During todays testimony of Dee Dee, witness #8, she stated that she was not his girlfriend but that he did have a girlfriend that used her phone to text Trayvon because his true girlfriend did not have a phone. Did anyone ever interview his true girlfriend? Is it possible that Trayvon was really talking to his true girlfriend that night and not Dee Dee? The witness seemed reluctant to testify even with the Martin's attorney.

Questions:

It seems as though West is heading in the direction that Rachel changed her story regarding 1. whether or not it was TM's voice screaming for help and 2. what GZ said to TM after TM asked GZ why he was following him.

Even if West succeeds in proving that her story changed on these two points, how does that corroborate GZ's account of TM circling around and confronting/punching him? Will the DT try to argue that because her story changed on these two issues, she could have made the whole conversation up?

1) Is it legal and fair for the judge to allow the state to introduce prior 911 calls of Zimmerman into the courtroom in order to establish Zimmerman's "state of mind" and "character" on the night of Martin's shooting, but NOT allow the defense to do the same by showing Martin's text/twitter pics/messages and MMA-fight videos?

2) If we can believe Martin's friend's testimony, was it racist for Martin to use the slur "cracker" and "nxgga" to refer to Zimmerman?

3) Is it considered perjury if a witness states in court that while being deposed, they didn't take the deposition seriously and made whimsical, cavalier statements that weren't necessarily accurate or true?

4) Why doesn't the judge admonish a witness who is blatantly disrespectful to the court and lawyers (of either side)?

1. Can you please explain the difference between Stand Your Ground and self-defense? That self-defense (any defense other than deadly force used in fear of life/great bodily harm) carries a duty to retreat? I see a lot of people saying that Martin hitting Zimmerman was okay because he was afraid of him - but doesn't Martin have a duty to retreat unless he felt he was going to be killed or grievously injured?

2. Do you think it's significant that DeeDee left out the "Get off me" part of the phone call until later depositions? In her first interview that was published on ABC, there was no mention of that dialogue, but later she starts including it. Under oath, isn't she obligated to tell the whole truth?

where would I find the normal discussion thread where we might be able to post? I can delete this post (since i'm kind of in the wrong place to ask!) i just went in circles a bit, but maybe I saw it and we are not discussing that case? Or I am confused as usual :)

where would I find the normal discussion thread where we might be able to post? I can delete this post (since i'm kind of in the wrong place to ask!) i just went in circles a bit, but maybe I saw it and we are not discussing that case? Or I am confused as usual :)
It's been locked for the night. I'm not sure if it will open again tonight, but there should be a new one tomorrow morning around 8:30 EST.

Does it matter if TM's girlfriend is not the brightest color in the crayola box?

I don't think so. We are dealing with teenagers here, not adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny