NH NH - Rachael Garden, 15, Newton, 22 March 1980

Reached out to the Authorities and went over a lot of info they weren’t aware of.
Seems the ball was totally dropped when the Store at Rowe’s Corner wasn’t searched, and the storekeeper wasn’t investigated when Rachael went missing.

Merry Christmas Rachael,
-We’re Still lookin Kiddo.

Just had a conversation with someone who lived a few numbers down from the Rowes Cornet Market Store, they mentioned that the new owners had upgraded the inside because of how run down it was about 10 years or so ago, but he mentioned specifically how Bad it smelled inside before the upgrade…I asked “if it smelled like an old corpse” and he said “yeah, Lol, like something died in there long ago”. Funny that the website “Yelp” reviews of the Rowes corner Market were similar in stating an Odor to the place..
*Ain’t lettin up Rachael, your in my ear, gonna keep lookin kiddo.
You’ve really done an impressively great job analyzing this and coming up with a possibility overlooked by the police!

I’m curious though, what do you think the smell means specifically? Do you know if the whole building was renovated or just part of it? Was it stirred up by the renovation (sounds like no?). I also wonder if Rachael never left that store, as in, could her body still be there? I’m thinking in a basement, concealed in a wall-an area the current owners could have somehow overlooked. It can and has happened in the past. Also, does the odor line up with the timeline of her disappearance? Would there still be a lingering scent if her body had been removed?

I’m really starting to wonder if it would be worth LE’s time to look through the store and living area, basement/storage areas etc.(bring in a cadaver dog?).

I’m thinking of a case of the missing woman in Germany-they looked everywhere for her for (if I remember correctly) 30 years and she was in the basement of the neighbors house (a suspect) all along.

Edit: the documentary is Dig Deeper: the disappearance of Birgit Meier.

Of course, I’m only speculating here and just throwing some ideas out there. What are your thoughts? Maybe I’m grasping at straws? Seems like the new owners would’ve come across something if they renovated, buuuut I could be wrong.

Last edited:
photo showing missing person Rachael Garden at age 15.

Rachel Garden, age 15 Missing since 22 March 1980

age progressed photo of Rachael Garden at age 48

Age progressed image

Fifteen-year-old Rachael Garden was last seen on March 22, 1980, while walking home from Rowe's Corner Market on Pond Street in the town of Newton, NH. Rachael has not been heard from since. Extensive searches have been conducted for Rachel without any results. At the time of her disappearance, Rachael was wearing a two-tone blue ski parka, jeans, a plaid shirt with silver threads and brown lace-up shoes. She was also carrying a dark blue tote bag with the word "Things" printed on it. Circumstances surrounding her disappearance suggest that foul play was involved...

LINK:

I think this girl was kidnapped with the promise of alcohol and maybe drugs, too. If she used to consume these substances, the people around her weren't the best... they'll forgive me, but I'm against all kinds of drugs, there shouldn't be any. of them.. but I do think that she was taken by someone trustworthy....
rest in peace rachel

Well, more Hopes are Dashed today as the Obit for the Store Keeper of “Rowes Corner” was posted on his Passing 6days ago on May 6, 2024
His past record and the suspicions that followed along side made more sense than any other lead concerning Rachael’s disappearance.
Unless some Act of God appears and reveals her resting place and whereabouts, she’s no longer any closer to being found now than before the new information had surfaced 3yrs ago.

I’d still like to see the Store Owners previous house and grounds in South Hampton NH fully investigated just to have it Ruled out.

RIP Rachael

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M.Lee