Found Deceased NJ - Michael Murphy, 39, Camden, 9 Jan 2020 *head injury*

bykerladi

Reaction score
Family and police are looking for a man who disappeared Jan. 9 after he received treatment for a head injury at a Camden hospital.

Michael Murphy, 39, of Glassboro, was last seen around 3:15 p.m. near the corner of Ninth and State streets in Camden, according to his family. He had received treatment for a skull fracture at Cooper University Trauma Center, about a mile south from where he was last seen.
Murphy’s fiancée reported him missing.

Murphy was wearing a dark green hoodie and blue jeans when he went missing. He is about 5-feet, 9-inches tall and 140 pounds. He currently has a beard.

Murphy has no identification on him and may be disoriented due to his injury.

Anyone with information should call the Glassboro Police Department at 856-881-1500.

Man with skull fracture went missing from N.J. hospital. Family seeks help finding him.

Perhaps he left AMA (against medical advice)?

Or he left without being seen.

6LS46QTOVJF5NOXFYISPZBALNY.jpg

Pictures from the above link:

Man with skull fracture went missing from N.J. hospital. Family seeks help finding him.

+ Keep Searching :: Day Thirteen +

Michael E. Murphy, 39
Glassboro, Gloucester County,
New Jersey
9 January 2020

Michael E. Murphy
Fractured Skull
NO Identification

White / Male / 39
5' 9" :: 140 Lbs.
Hazel Eyes :: Bald
Light-Brown Scruffy Beard
Dark-Green Hooded Sweatshirt
Blue Jeans

82824655_2084230481679962_1235611861416673280_n.jpg

National missing & Unidentified persons system #MP64290:
1-A))
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
1-B)) The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Includes 3 Tattoo Photos
1-C)) The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

2)) Glassboro Police Department:
Glassboro Police Department
(856) 881-1500
(Incident # 2020-000806)

3)) Google™ Supplements & Updates:

Michael E. Murphy, 39 - Glassboro, NJ - Google Search

4)) Find Michael Murphy Facebook™
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=find michael murphy&epa=SEARCH_BOX

5)) Other Missings Followed on Websleuths:
Missing Persons Discussion

Our Thanks to Those Providing On-Line,
Spiritual, and In-Person Assistance.

[Contribution # 7078
Thread # 498424]

Last edited:
Where on earth could he be? That part of Camden is NOT a good area. There's cemetery next door, I wonder if they checked there. And still no one has said why he left the hospital with a skull fracture, or what he was doing in Camden in the first place.

On FB, if you search, "Michael Murphy missing," under the results listed for that search is a post from "DAV," who is a self-identified family member of Michael. She has a post about him missing, and it appears that Michael is still missing.

Family and police are looking for a man who disappeared Jan. 9 after he received treatment for a head injury at a Camden hospital.

Michael Murphy, 39, of Glassboro, was last seen around 3:15 p.m. near the corner of Ninth and State streets in Camden, according to his family. He had received treatment for a skull fracture at Cooper University Trauma Center, about a mile south from where he was last seen.
Murphy’s fiancée reported him missing.

Murphy was wearing a dark green hoodie and blue jeans when he went missing. He is about 5-feet, 9-inches tall and 140 pounds. He currently has a beard.

Murphy has no identification on him and may be disoriented due to his injury.

Anyone with information should call the Glassboro Police Department at 856-881-1500.

I’m not really sure how do you post on here, my brother just showed me that there is a web sleuth post about my friend. There’s some really crazy information going around about this case, we have no idea where he is. I have the answers to most of the questions that you guys are asking. How do I do this lol

On FB, if you search, "Michael Murphy missing," under the results listed for that search is a post from "DAV," who is a self-identified family member of Michael. She has a post about him missing, and it appears that Michael is still missing.
Mike is still missing. An out reach program for missing people stated that there may have been evidence found on a farm in Deptford, but they could not confirm whether there was a body or not or if it had been identified. They passed along the information to police

hi everybody. Michael Murphy is still missing. He had re-fractured his skull at a bar and went to Cooper Hospital for the trauma center. He apparently spoke to his girlfriend and was disoriented. He stated he was going to “walk home” and she told him that that was “insane, it was too far”. She was not around, and apparently in the hospital herself, a different one, for detox. The girlfriend has stated that around 3 PM a stranger called her, saying that he was on 9th and State Street in Camden and Mike asked him to call her, that Mike was disoriented and stumbling and bleeding from the ear. She asked “the stranger” to call 911. At that point, she states that her nurse came in and she had to get off the phone. ‍♀️♀️ When she called “the stranger” back, she asked if he called 911 and he said he didn’t. He “was rude” to her and hung up. She said she called Camden police and they stated to make a missing persons report. Now I don’t know about anybody else, but this story sounds absolutely absurd to me. First of all, who in their right mind we get off the phone with somebody if they said that your boyfriend/fiancé asked them to call you and he’s stumbling and disoriented and bleeding. Secondly, she knows where Mike is at this point (before he’s actually “missing” and she said the police said to put a missing persons report in. Why didn’t she call a welfare check in to the EXACT ADDRESS she was given?? I have more, but want to post everything separately, only if there is an interest. Thanks

Thank you @Lohan83 and welcome to Webseluths. Sorry it's under such sad circumstances.

This forum is all about helping to find Michael and discussing as much as possible to lead to just that. There is most definitely an interest in what you have to say and in finding Michael.

Please, you should consider going through the process of becoming a verified insider so that you can post your thoughts and what you know without needing to back it up with media and law enforcement links. Here is the link to take care of that if you choose. It takes a while, from what I've heard, so don't lose patience waiting.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Have you heard anymore about the discovery in Deptford yesterday? I read reports that it could have been connected to Michael's disappearance, but then I read further that it was more likely due to an older cold case/missing person. LE have not released any name or any more info.. I live in South Jersey and am familiar with all these areas of Deptford, Glassboro and Camden.

his date of death in the obituary is Feb 23. Where was he between Jan 9 and Feb 23?
I’m assuming they found him on February 23rd so they’re calling that his date of death. The funeral was March 6th so that would make sense. IMO.

Refracturing your skull at a bar while your only emergency contact is in a custodial facility feels like living pretty close to the edge already, then leaving the hospital. Men get very hard bones around age 40 but we're not indestructible

Reactions: nao
Sounds like a lawsuit to me. I he was disoriented, then the hospital couldn't allow him to voluntarily leave. He didn't have the wherewithal to consent to no treatment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lola21
Back