NJ NJ - Ridgefield Park, WhtMale 18-50, UP8347, Constr site @ Challenger Park, partial skeletal, Aug'08

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP8347
Male, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found: August 25, 2008
Location Found: Ridgefield Park, New Jersey

Case Numbers
ME/C Case Number: 02081206

Estimated Age Group: Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years): 18-50
Estimated Year of Death
--
Estimated PMI
--
Height: Cannot Estimate
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: August 25, 2008
NamUs Case Created: January 4, 2011
ME/C QA Reviewed: January 5, 2011
Location Found: Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
County: Bergen County

Circumstances of Recovery
Found at a construction site in Challenger Park, Ridgefield Park, NJ.

Details of Recovery
Torso not recovered
One or more limbs not recovered
One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains:
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Physical Description
Head Hair Description: Unknown
Body Hair Description: Unknown
Facial Hair Description: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown

Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Last edited:
I couldn't find any additional media articles about this case. Can anyone find any information - whether from 2008 or updates later? Obviously there are so many missing people he could be.

I can’t find any media. I lived near that area that year as well... and we had friends right by there... we even went to the movie theater in challenger park... never heard this...

That is so tragic, the woman found in the park.
It must be recent, though, a different case. I'm glad she was identified.
(My original post is about remains of a man found in 2008.)

I know. The parks are close and initially I thought maybe they found more parts of the initial body in the other park... I can delete those posts. Challenger park goes through big building phases and then nothing for years. For the longest time it was a restaurant, movie theater complex and some business offices. Now it is being built up again. I could not find the initial finding of the bones, not on patch or anything... weird.

I know. The parks are close and initially I thought maybe they found more parts of the initial body in the other park... I can delete those posts. Challenger park goes through big building phases and then nothing for years. For the longest time it was a restaurant, movie theater complex and some business offices. Now it is being built up again. I could not find the initial finding of the bones, not on patch or anything... weird.

IMO I don't think you need to delete your posts as long as the two cases are clear. I appreciate having a local on this thread.

I wish there was more about the original case available. It's not even clear if they think he was a victim from the past few decades buried there or historical remains.

@John/Jane Doe I wish this case had more, such as estimated height, PMI, etc. Even if the PMI range was somewhat large. There's too little to go by...

26 exclusions in NamUs

Thanks, good to know. I hope this means they have the UID's DNA. Maybe he will eventually be identified. I wonder if it also means they suspect it's more recent, not historical remains.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back