Still Missing NV - Francillon Pierre, 3, North Las Vegas, 2 Aug 1986 *mother arrested in 2019*

Francillon Pierre – The Charley Project

Last updated August 14, 2021; details of disappearance updated.

Francillon's case was re-investigated after someone tried to steal his identity in 2017. In January 2019, Amy was charged with his murder.

In August 2021, Amy accepted a plea deal, submitting an Alford plea of no contest to involuntary manslaughter in her son's death. An Alford plea does not require the defendant to admit guilt, but only for them to acknowledge the state has enough evidence to convict them. Amy maintains her innocence in her son's disappearance. She faces up to two years in prison for manslaughter.

Foul play is suspected in Francillon's case due to the circumstances involved. Investigators believe his body may be in Lake Mead.

Mom enters plea in 35-year-old Las Vegas cold case of Francillon Pierre, refuses to admit guilt | KLAS

The mother of a 3-year-old boy who disappeared in 1986 has taken a plea deal, accepting a voluntary manslaughter charge while admitting that authorities have the evidence to prove she killed her son.

Amy Elizabeth Fleming, 63, took what is known as an “Alford plea,” and continues to deny she is responsible for the boy’s death. She was originally charged with murder in 2019.

Mom guilty of manslaughter in 3-year-old son’s 1986 disappearance

More than 35 years after her 3-year-old son vanished from a swap meet in North Las Vegas, his mother pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter on Friday.

NOV 21, 2021
I-Team: What happened to Francillon Pierre? Missing persons case turned into murder investigation | KLAS (8newsnow.com)
The mother of a child who disappeared in 1986 is scheduled to be sentenced next month. ...

In an amended agreement dated April 23, 2019, prosecutors referred to Mahaleel “Lee” Luster as also committing the crime and/or helping to conceal the crime. Luster, Fleming’s then-boyfriend, has never been charged in connection with the child’s death.

[...]

In court, Detective Steven Wiese also read an excerpt from a letter from Fleming to Luster, “I’ve lived in fear of hurting you. I am afraid of you because you are truly the only person that can hurt me. You’re the only one I have left to care about.” Wiese said he believed this was an admission. “Because he’s the only one that can hurt because he’s the only one that can prove, that can testify that she murdered her child,” Wiese said, referring to Luster.

[...]

Records reveal that Luster remains in Florida. In 2019, a sister station of KLAS-TV found a note on the couple’s door stating, “My wife did not kill her son.”

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57
Back