NV - Jaime Feden, 33, from PA, kidnapped and brutally killed, Las Vegas, 25 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Now it’s all up to Nevada. Local police worked with Nevada police. He will be charged there with homicide. WTAE.com video of perp walk

Federal prosecutors charged a Pennsylvania resident with kidnapping after he allegedly lured a woman he led to believe was his girlfriend to the Nevada desert, killed her and moved into her house, authorities say.

John Matthew Chapman, 40, is set to appear in federal court in western Pennsylvania on Monday on one count of kidnapping resulting in the death of Jaime Feden, 33.

He's in state custody in Allegheny County in Pennsylvania as he awaits his initial appearance in federal court, the US Attorney's Office in Nevada said.

Man charged after he allegedly killed a woman, moved into her house and impersonated her on social media

“I had two defense attorneys come out from Vegas to see me,” Kelly Murray tells Channel 11′s Amy Hudak.

Murray says the defense team asked for pictures from her marriage to Chapman.

“They kind of wanted to know the history I had with him,” Murray added. “From what they told me, they are seeking a trial for May of next year; however, the federal court is attempting to seek the death penalty. If that happens, it could be longer.”

Murray says she is prepared to be subpoenaed and she wants to take the stand for the prosecution.

LAS VEGAS — Four and a half years after Bethel Park woman Jaime Feden was found murdered in the Nevada desert, a trial date has been set for her accused murderer.

John Chapman will stand trial in federal court in Las Vegas, beginning April 22. The trial is expected to last two weeks.

A digital forensic examiner with the Allegheny County Police Department, Matt Rosenberg, said he recovered pictures of Jaime Feden off of a deleted drive on one of John Chapman’s cell phones. The pictures showed Jaime zip-tied to a signpost in the Nevada desert with duct tape covering her mouth and nose. The family of Jaime Feden was asked to leave the courtroom before those images were shown to the witness and jury.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back