NV NV - Joe Angel Luiz, 37, Las Vegas, 30 March 1992

Reaction score
Website
www.websleuths.com
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Joe Angel Luiz – The Charley Project
The Doe Network: Case File 1920DMNV

Namus: MP5040
JALuiz.jpg
Joe Angel Luiz, aged 37
DOB: August 11, 1954
Male
White/Hispanic
DLC: March 30, 1992
5' 8" - 5' 9"
165 - 180 lbs
Black hair
Brown eyes
Scar (Namus): left eye
Marks, Scars (Missing in Nevada FB):
Scar by left eye. He has wire in his jaw ( left side) and a scar on his lower back (left side)
    • Dentals: Not available
    • DNA: Available
    • Fingerprints: Available

Circumstances (Namus):
Joe Luiz, was home on 03-10-92 working in his house while his daughters were there. When his wife returned home he was gone. Joe did not take his car, but he did pack a suitcase. His wife reported Joe would not walk out on his family.
There was a vehicle available to the M/P at the time of his disappearance. However he was last seen leaving his home on foot.

Circumstances (Charley Project):
Luiz disappeared from his Las Vegas, Nevada home on March 10, 1992. He was working in the house while his daughters were there, but when his wife got home he was gone. He didn't take his car or a suitcase.

He was unemployed at the time of his disappearance and had a drinking problem. The last trace of him was on March 30, when he filled out and mailed an unemployment card. His unemployment check was mailed to his post office box on April 6; his wife saw it in the box.

When she checked later it was gone, and she found out it had been cashed, but she could find out no other information and future unemployment checks were canceled. Few details are available in Luiz's case.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department - Case# 920423-1583
NCIC Number: M928404789

Last edited:
Thanks for creating a thread for Joe @coffeeandacig ! I didn’t think to read his CP or DN profiles :oops:. I think he’s a very good possibility for our Kentucky UID! The skull has very visible signs of trauma which may not necessarily have been quite as obvious outwardly. And there’s no telling exactly when that photo of Joe was taken. I’d assume that he sustained some sort of injury to his face if he had wire in his jaw.

If he had a drinking problem, it’s possible he may have been involved in a physical altercation or a vehicle accident that caused it. I’m just theorizing at this point, but I’ll definitely submit Joe with the couple of other possible matches to the UID when I get time. If anyone beats me to it I won’t be offended ;)

Thanks again for all your help!

Many questions, why would he pack a suitcase and just walk away when it's noted that there was a working vehicle at the home he could have taken. Why did he submit a unemployment card 20 days later. Where was he staying then? Why did the wife leave the unemployment check in the post office box and not take it with her to show law enforcement if he was missing? It was gone when she checked again and was cashed it's stated. Who cashed it??? there should be a signature and if it was done at a check cashing place or bank they would have requested id back then. Strange case and seems like something is not right

Bumping up for Joe and his family.

Clarification is needed, maybe by a relative if one is reading here and wants to become a verified insider and discuss the case.

- Why do sources say he packed a suitcase but also that he did not take a suitcase?
- What does it mean on his CP page that future unemployment checks were cancelled? By whom?
- Did he say anything at all to anyone before he left home on foot?
- Did he have friends or relatives in other states he may have gone to?

Many questions, why would he pack a suitcase and just walk away when it's noted that there was a working vehicle at the home he could have taken. Why did he submit a unemployment card 20 days later. Where was he staying then? Why did the wife leave the unemployment check in the post office box and not take it with her to show law enforcement if he was missing? It was gone when she checked again and was cashed it's stated. Who cashed it??? there should be a signature and if it was done at a check cashing place or bank they would have requested id back then. Strange case and seems like something is not right
Bumping up for Joe and his family.

Clarification is needed, maybe by a relative if one is reading here and wants to become a verified insider and discuss the case.

- Why do sources say he packed a suitcase but also that he did not take a suitcase?
- What does it mean on his CP page that future unemployment checks were cancelled? By whom?
- Did he say anything at all to anyone before he left home on foot?
- Did he have friends or relatives in other states he may have gone to?
I think like you something strange is here although it may also be that with his alcohol problem he has been run over or assaulted and murdered but there is something strange here.

Perhaps Joe lost his licence because of the alcohol addiction, one reason not to take his car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back