NY NY - Janice J. Donohue, 36, Brentwood, 16 Dec 1983

*Bumping thread for Janice*

NYC medical examiners are getting help to catch up back log of unidentified persons. Sadly this means remains might move to nearby states and add some confusion for those searching for a lost loved one in NYC.

When she was 13, Lisa Rizzi started learning about genetics in school. It was about that same time that she started questioning her family history. “I was very, you know, confused and intrigued — so I started questioning it,” she told Dateline. “I always wondered why I didn’t look like [my family]. My mother was German. I just didn’t — I didn’t feel the connection.”

Curious, she brought it up with her parents. That’s when she learned she was adopted. “They told us, me and my sister,” Lisa said. “I have a sister, too, that was also adopted.”

It wasn’t until the ‘90s, however, when Lisa was in her mid-20’s, that she began searching for her biological family. Her search proved to be much harder than she thought, though, without access to legal assistance. “I didn’t know where to begin because I didn’t have much to go by,” she told Dateline. The one thing she did have was a letter she retrieved from her adoption agency written by her biological mother, which Lisa got when she was in her mid-20s. It had both of her parents’ names — Anthony and Janice — but the agency had blacked out their surnames. Unable to research further without more information, Lisa stopped looking — until 2017.

Dateline spoke with Detective Sergeant Kevin Beyrer of the Suffolk County Police Department about the case. He said 36-year-old Janice Donohue was last seen at her Brentwood, New York home, on December 16, 1983. Beyrer told Dateline that the department first learned about Janice’s disappearance when her ex-husband, John Prastio, called them on January 2, 1984. “He was alarmed because his ex-wife, Janice, hadn’t called their two children for Christmas,” Beyrer said. “He [felt] her current husband might have harmed her.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renovationsnet
Back