GUILTY NY - Jason “Jam Master Jay” Mizell of Run-DMC, 37, Queens, 30 Oct 2002

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Jam Master Jay

Two men accused of murdering Run-DMC‘s Jam Master Jay will finally head to trial Monday (Jan. 29), more than 21 years after the rap icon’s killing.

Karl Jordan, Jr. and Ronald Washington, who were charged with Jay’s long-unsolved 2002 murder in 2020, will stand trial at a Brooklyn federal courthouse. Prosecutors say the two men killed Jay as payback after a failed cocaine deal; if convicted, they each face the possibility of life in prison.

Following the selection of a jury last week, opening statements are slated to begin at 9:30 a.m. Monday. The trial, before U.S. District Judge LaShann DeArcy Hall, is expected to run for a month

<modsnip - not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
The three members of Run-DMC — Jason Mizell, Darryl McDaniels and Joseph Simmons — pose in 1988 in front of a blue backdrop with the Grammy Awards logo.

Jason Mizell (Jam Master Jay), right, and his Run-DMC mates Darryl McDaniels (known as DMC), center, and Joseph Simmons (known as Run), brought hip-hop to the mainstream in the 1980s

Jam Master Jay, whose real name was Jason Mizell, of the seminal group Run-DMC, was 37 when he died in a crime that remained unresolved for nearly two decades. The two defendants, Karl Jordan Jr., 40, and Ronald Washington, 59, were charged in 2020, when federal prosecutors accused them of plotting to kill Mr. Mizell after he cut Mr. Washington out of a drug deal. A third man, Jay Bryant, who was also charged in connection with the murder last year, will be tried separately.

The jury in the trial of Mr. Washington and Mr. Jordan will be anonymous: Their names will not be revealed to the defendants or their lawyers. In court papers filed this month, prosecutors said the defendants and “those acting on their behalf” had already tried to intimidate witnesses in the case

Uriel “Tony” Rincon kept quiet for more than two decades — until he took the stand in Brooklyn federal court, telling a jury Jay, whose real name was Jason Mizell, was shot dead by his godson, Karl Jordan Jr. on Oct. 30, 2002.

“I heard a couple of shots,” Rincon said. “I see Jay fall because his back was to me at the time. As Jay was falling, I saw Jordan shrug him off of him.”

Jordan, 39, and Ronald Washington, 59, are each charged with murder while engaged in a narcotics trafficking conspiracy.

Rincon told US Assistant Attorney Mark Misorek that he and Mizell, who had a .380-caliber handgun resting on a sofa armrest, were playing the “Madden” football video game at the DJ’s 24/7 Studio on Merrick Boulevard when the pair arrived.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/27/entertainment/jam-master-jay-murder-verdict/index.html
Two men were found guilty of murder Tuesday in the 2002 killing of Jam Master Jay, the pioneering DJ of the groundbreaking hip hop trio Run-DMC, in a case that for decades frustrated detectives and music fans alike.

Ronald Washington, Jay’s childhood friend, and Karl Jordan Jr., Jay’s godson, were convicted of murder while engaged in narcotics trafficking and firearm-related murder.

A fight nearly broke out in the courtroom after the verdict was announced. “Y’all just killed some innocent people. Get me outta here,” Washington said as he got out of his seat. Jordan looked at his supporters and said “I love y’all.” Their supporters began shouting as both men were rushed out of the courtroom.
[...]
Jordan, 40, and Washington, 59, each face a sentence of 20 years to life in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tattooed_crybaby22
Back