Identified! NY - Manhattan, 'Midtown Jane Doe', WhtFem 16-21, 337UFNY, under concrete, ring w/ 'P McG', Feb'03 Patricia McGlone

The interesting thing about Scottish ethnicity is that it is a composite one. The original people of Scotland were the Picts, who were either a Gaelic-speaking or Brytonic-speaking people. They were eventually absorbed into the present-day subethnicities of Highland Scots (Gaelic-speaking and related to the Irish) and Lowland Scots (Germanic-speaking and related to the English). Mc- is usually the Irish spelling and Mac- the Scottish spelling, but in any case, McGilchrist is undoubtedly Gaelic in origin. Diane's family could have dropped the Mc- prefix and the ring could be an heirloom, if she's Jane Doe.

But it begs the question: How did a teenage girl who went missing from Washington state end up in concrete across the country in NYC? The Midwest connection does seem to be more likely. But in an anything-can-happen world like ours, who knows?

Last edited:
The interesting thing about Scottish ethnicity is that it is a composite one. The original people of Scotland were the Picts, who were either a Gaelic-speaking or Brytonic-speaking people. They were eventually absorbed into the present-day subethnicities of Highland Scots (Gaelic-speaking and related to the Irish) and Lowland Scots (Germanic-speaking and related to the English). Mc- is usually the Irish spelling and Mac- the Scottish spelling, but in any case, McGilchrist is undoubtedly Gaelic in origin. Diane's family could have dropped the Mc- prefix and the ring could be an heirloom, if she's Jane Doe.

But it begs the question: How did a teenage girl who went missing from Washington state end up in concrete across the country in NYC? The Midwest connection does seem to be more likely. But in an anything-can-happen world like ours, who knows?

It’s a huge mystery but IMO, the puzzle lies with sex trafficking/runaway. Teen runaways were a National pandemic starting in the late 60s w hippie counterculture. It was such a huge problem that in the 1970s New York City had both a Runaway Squad and a Pimp squad. The fact that Warren Forrest, the “serial killer” they are assuming Diane was a victim of, has one confirmed victim, and 6 suspected. And his suspected victims were older teens. That is a murderer, not a serial killer. Initial report said she crawled out of her bedroom window, However the “man with a van” theory surfaced somewhere down the line and it seemed convenient and fit time line. There was no one there to contest it. But what if by chance Diane met a man who groomed her, or saved up allowance and went to the Big Apple. Children from all over the country ended up in NYC. It’s absolutely not the wildest possibility but the fact that she got lumped in with this Forrest group made it a non possibility. Until now. Madame X said she’d never heard of Diane until I posted and nor had I. Her Namus went up in 2017, 15 years after Midtown Jane Doe was found. This has every single ingredient to be a “slipped through the cracks” needle in a hay stack shot. Praying for Victims

Great call!!!! For whatever reason people associate Mc with being an Irish only thing. Changing surnames was so common back then, I have a very basic last name that was changed from a very Irish sounding name back in Ellis Island. In my ancestral research end, I can only find one Diane Gilchrist born 1959, plus or minus 10 years. In Ohio. The date is off however this is so common in ancestry work (one of my biggest passions, I’ve done it for years and have found many errors along the way in my own tree and others!) That would make sense with the Isotrophic findings saying our Doe is most likely from the Midwest.
Submit the DNA! We’ll see :)

Excellent work @victoriarobinson642 very impressive!! (can I request, is it possible to recreate that image but with a shorter more square jaw/chin? just curious)

Same with the dental overlay @Lex141 they match so well.

I put Midtown Jane Doe's 3D- rendering through the artbreeder face generator, and came up with several variations of what she might've looked like. Is it me, or does she resemble a Madonna/Charlize Theron hybrid in some of them?

View attachment 259859
ITA w Charlize Theron or Scarlett Johansson. To me, some of them look like Lady Gaga or Amanda Seyfried (third row, third image) (apparently she is also German, Swiss German, Irish/Welsh). I'd also say Nicole Kidman. Similar coloring, skin tone and hair.

Thoughts re: The rat poison. Could it be that the packaging was already there in the basement? Seems the odds of finding rat poison in an apartment building in mid town NYC would be fairly high.

I'd also think LE would be able to ID the carpet manufacturer etc. Maybe it was a piece of carpet from the building or from another scene? Was blood found on it?

The scraps of glittery clothing. Found near the body.

If the UID were trafficked, smuggled, s. assaulted (under age) etc could be why so much trouble went into covering her up.

That much concrete must have been obvious somewhere along the way. It's also not a simple task. There had to have been deliveries, someone had to mix and pour it. Maybe there were witnesses who weren't aware of what was being done.

JMO FWIW

The place where the Unidentified was found in the basement.
Steve Paul's (underground club called the "THE SCENE" was located there in the basement where this body was found years later under concrete)
More information on the address of
301 W. 46th St
Manhattan, NY
Citing:
Citing:
Citing:
Video from the actual building of where the female unidentified was found at about the same year she might have died. This was more than a basement, it was an underground club. So you can get the feel of what was going on in the actual building around the time we're looking into

"Steve Paul's The Scene is a popular midtown nightclub at 46th St. and 8th Ave. It sports a labyrinth floor plan which extends through a bizarre network of brick walled cellar rooms and passageways. While the club caters primarily to the jet-set, it also attracts a growing number of the hippie community. Steve Paul once described the purpose of his club in this way: 'To use music as a common denominator for the fusion between music, musicians, people who like music, and and people who are music in their very being."
(From article by Greg Shaw, Hullabaloo magazine 1967)
Man, a minute and 44 seconds was not enough. I wanted to stay and hang out! : )

But shady things were happening on the "now" scene even then, just as in our stale modern times.

I also spoke on the phone yesterday with a woman at NEMEC, I gave her all the info I had and I felt that I really had her attention. I will be contacting Washington State Clark County Sheriff office today, and after that I believe that everyone would should be notified will be. Namus: Brian Nesbit, Lori Bruski, Jessica Hager, NCMEC, Angela Soler @ NYME.
I was going to report it to the ME. Should I still send in a report for a potential match?

I also spoke on the phone yesterday with a woman at NEMEC, I gave her all the info I had and I felt that I really had her attention. I will be contacting Washington State Clark County Sheriff office today, and after that I believe that everyone would should be notified will be. Namus: Brian Nesbit, Lori Bruski, Jessica Hager, NCMEC, Angela Soler @ NYME.
That’s great! Tons of people notified. Also sounds like a good case for @othram

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txstar
Back