Identified! NY - Manhattan, 'Midtown Jane Doe', WhtFem 16-21, 337UFNY, under concrete, ring w/ 'P McG', Feb'03 Patricia McGlone

even an exclusion is part of the puzzle! I’ll be posting any updates for sure!

Diane was just added to the rule out list for Midtown Jane Doe. I track the Jane Doe's case on NamUs and saw they added Diane.
Thanks @Lex141 for working to find out who Midtown Jane Doe is!

33 exclusions/rule outs now.

MP20347
Diane
Gilchrist
05/29/1974
Clark
WA

MP14069
Doris
Mulhern
03/05/1987
King
WA

MP6796
Angela
Westberry
12/01/1984
Duval
FL

MP5695
Karen
Wilson
03/27/1985
Albany
NY

MP8281
Cynthia
Perry
06/17/1985
Wake
NC

MP13118
Patricia
McGill
05/15/1983
Collier
FL

MP20265
Valerie
Smith
03/04/1981
Queens
NY

MP1232
Renee
LaManna
01/08/1994
Cape May
NJ

MP8529
Priscilla
McKee
03/26/1991
Virginia Beach
VA

MP6608
Cindy
Rowles
08/16/1986
Ulster
NY

MP12212
Brenda
Crowley
03/01/1979
Richmond
NY

MP7574
Sylvia
Lwowski
09/06/1975
Richmond
NY

MP3070
Judith
Brown
04/06/1977
Queens
NY

MP3166
Sandy
Schlamann
03/15/1994
Orange
FL

MP30722
Tabbetha
Worford
05/05/1990
Escambia
FL

MP7051
Amy
Pagnac
08/05/1989
Hennepin
MN

MP4711
Andrea
Durham
02/01/1990
Okaloosa
FL

MP6527
Tracy
Pickett
08/12/1992
Jasper
MO

MP2484
Tracy
Kroh
08/05/1989
Dauphin
PA

MP6974
Heide
Wilbur
02/09/1991
Rutland
VT

MP5531
Tammie
McCormick
04/29/1986
Saratoga
NY

MP5531
Tammie
McCormick
04/29/1986
Saratoga
NY

MP6429
Julie
Moseley
12/23/1974
Tarrant
TX

MP8387
Penny
McClees
02/16/1985
Arapahoe
CO

MP2493
Tracy
King
07/08/1975
Adams
PA

MP8051
Judith
Odonnell
11/30/1980
New York
NY

MP5533
Denise
Sheehy
07/07/1970
Queens
NY

MP7306
Shannon
Arif
03/17/1998
Montgomery
TN

MP974
Patricia
Schmidt
06/04/1985
Henrico
VA
--
Suzanne
Streeter
--
--
MO
--
Stacy
McCall
--
--
MO
--
Sherill
Levett
--
--
AL
--
Kimberly
McClasky
--
--
IL

A tip of my hat to you, Lex! Even an exclusion is progress... :cool:
Second this!

Even exclusions give answers. Now we know who it ISN'T and that counts for something too. Anyone looking for Diane now knows this female UID is not her.

Without having dug around much in this case, I'm thinking about all that concrete. There could be an organized crime element. That much concrete, no work orders, no witnesses etc. S H A D Y. JMO.

FWIW there is currently a case in NYC involving members of organized crime and in particular a member of a Mexican cartel (Sinaloa). The case is from back in the early 90's. Not that it's related but you never know.

Thank you so much for posting this. I had not seen this episode before but had seen the photos someplace else. I couldn’t find the link though. This is a good refresher and clears some things up.

It explains how they determined the tag couldn’t have been produced before December 1987.

You’re right, the place was a mess! Mostly I had a hard time figuring out what I was even looking at. I did grab a few screenshots to save here for future reference. The tag, poison bag and bones. There are GRAPHIC images below of the skull and teeth.

View attachment 364462View attachment 364463View attachment 364464View attachment 364465View attachment 364466View attachment 364467View attachment 364468
I'm surprised the NCMEC hasn't stepped in and do their own reconstruction of Jane Doe's skull. I think it's time for them to do that.

I'm surprised the NCMEC hasn't stepped in and do their own reconstruction of Jane Doe's skull. I think it's time for them to do that.
Not a particular fan of their recons but it is worth a shot.

What i see in the skull is:
- round face shape with a quite prominent dimpled chin
- narrow nasal aperture, equalling a narrow European nose
- Teeth are not as terrible as described. They are in overall decent shape. But there was severe decay on the 2nd incisor top left that was not treated over a longer time period (probably years) to the extent that the tooth eventually broke off. There is another strangely shaped tooth on the opposite side, hard to tell,probably broken off, could be postmortem or perimortem. The molars seem to have extensive fillings.
After that she had not seen a dentist over a longer time period and apparently did not care about or couldnt afford to care about a severely decayed incisor that would have been very visible when she smiled.

Bringing this old article up: STUMPED BY TOMB MYSTERY ; COPS CHASE DECADES-OLD CLUES IN PROBE OF GRUESOME ‘JANE DOE’ SLAY

I disagree with the investigators' theory that Jane Doe died after 1988. This was only based on the Garment Workers Union clothing label that was found with her. However there were other artifacts found with the body including a 1966 Bulova watch, a 1968 dime, and a bag of rat poison not made until 1979. She could have died in any of those years.

And the article says that hair belonging to a male was found in the rug that Jane Doe was wrapped in. I found they conduct genealogy on that.

So as many on this read remember I submitted Diane Gilchrist as a match back in April and within 2 days she was ruled out for Midtown Jane Doe. I was shocked at how fast the rule out was especially for an overwhelmed NYME office. I called everyone. NYME, NCMEC, and both jurisdictions (NY and WA). I actually got a call from NCMEC and spoke w a woman at length. It’s very curious to me that Midtown Jane Doe has NOT been ruled out on Diane Gilchrist NAMUS page. Has anyone experienced this when submitting a match - being ruled out on one end but not another?

Attachments

• IMG_5448.jpeg
    IMG_5448.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 35
So as many on this read remember I submitted Diane Gilchrist as a match back in April and within 2 days she was ruled out for Midtown Jane Doe. I was shocked at how fast the rule out was especially for an overwhelmed NYME office. I called everyone. NYME, NCMEC, and both jurisdictions (NY and WA). I actually got a call from NCMEC and spoke w a woman at length. It’s very curious to me that Midtown Jane Doe has NOT been ruled out on Diane Gilchrist NAMUS page. Has anyone experienced this when submitting a match - being ruled out on one end but not another?
Imo amateur opinion the teeth don't match up.

Dumb question that might already be answered among the posts here: Is the Garment Union label meant to indicate that the garment itself was made by the Garment Union? (as opposed to it having any ties to the garment industry itself) I'm just asking as there were likely a number of sweatshops within NY at the time so I hope that makes sense.

Another thing: Does anyone know if there was a battery inside the watch? That also might help narrow down the timeline a bit.

Dumb question that might already be answered among the posts here: Is the Garment Union label meant to indicate that the garment itself was made by the Garment Union? (as opposed to it having any ties to the garment industry itself) I'm just asking as there were likely a number of sweatshops within NY at the time so I hope that makes sense.

Another thing: Does anyone know if there was a battery inside the watch? That also might help narrow down the timeline a bit.
It means that the workers who made the shirt were part of a union shop.

Bringing this old article up: STUMPED BY TOMB MYSTERY ; COPS CHASE DECADES-OLD CLUES IN PROBE OF GRUESOME ‘JANE DOE’ SLAY

I disagree with the investigators' theory that Jane Doe died after 1988. This was only based on the Garment Workers Union clothing label that was found with her. However there were other artifacts found with the body including a 1966 Bulova watch, a 1968 dime, and a bag of rat poison not made until 1979. She could have died in any of those years.

And the article says that hair belonging to a male was found in the rug that Jane Doe was wrapped in. I found they conduct genealogy on that.
I agree with you. I strongly believe she died Before 1988. I did not know about the hair belonging to a male was found. I wonder how much they have looked into that.

Hello to everyone!

I'm beginning my holiday week and in my "down time" cruising the web, I came across the below page and immediately thought of this thread and this missing young lady. May be a long shot though.

Judith Ramona Veloz​

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maria_Falc
Back