Identified! NY - Manhattan, 'Midtown Jane Doe', WhtFem 16-21, 337UFNY, under concrete, ring w/ 'P McG', Feb'03 Patricia McGlone

Here's an article on Judith O'Donnell, indicating that she is currently being compared to Hell's Kitchen Jane Doe.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/08/18/still-looking-for-judy-judith-erin-odonnell/

judy_christmas.png

Judith Erin O'Donnell

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/o/odonnell_judith.html

Judith was known to frequent the Hell's Kitchen area, and her grandmother's name was Phyllis McGrorty, an exact match to the P McG initials on the ring found with Hell's Kitchen Jane Doe's remains.

There are a few problems with this possible match though. Judith is listed as 5'10 - much taller than the 5'2" estimate for the Jane Doe. Also, the garment worker's tag sewn into the clothing indicates that the Jane Doe died sometime after 1988. This would have been at least 7-8 years after Judith was last seen, and Judith would have been at least 26 years old by then. The Jane Doe was estimated to have been a teenager.

Her sister posts here under the name JudysSisterMaureen. Perhaps she might want to comment here with regard to this possible match.

Carl, regarding the Judith O'Donnell match, the height is definitely a huge discrepancy, but according the website linked previously (and linked below), the clothing tag was actually misidentified. According to the link, the real company that manufactured her clothing dissolved in 1973, which could push her time of death back tremendously. Check it out and see what you think:

http://missing-and-unidentified.org/midtown_jane_doe/study.html

Here's an article on Judith O'Donnell, indicating that she is currently being compared to Hell's Kitchen Jane Doe.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/08/18/still-looking-for-judy-judith-erin-odonnell/

judy_christmas.png

Judith Erin O'Donnell

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/o/odonnell_judith.html

Judith was known to frequent the Hell's Kitchen area, and her grandmother's name was Phyllis McGrorty, an exact match to the P McG initials on the ring found with Hell's Kitchen Jane Doe's remains.

There are a few problems with this possible match though. Judith is listed as 5'10 - much taller than the 5'2" estimate for the Jane Doe. Also, the garment worker's tag sewn into the clothing indicates that the Jane Doe died sometime after 1988. This would have been at least 7-8 years after Judith was last seen, and Judith would have been at least 26 years old by then. The Jane Doe was estimated to have been a teenager.

Her sister posts here under the name JudysSisterMaureen. Perhaps she might want to comment here with regard to this possible match.

that ring haunts me. the story haunts me. The other details - great dental work and then rotting teeth - haunt me. that Doe, strangled, wrapped in a rug and buried under concrete - and the location, so close to where she was known to hang out - haunt me. Whether it's her I don't know. the height thing is a HUGE discrepancy, you are right. When I called the precinct, I was shaken down - pretty hard - by the investigator who has been assigned the case. The original detective, who is now retired, his number is erroneously listed. the NYS trooper assigned to Judy's case - has not called me back, and who knows whether she called back the, using much less awful language than i'd rather, jerk, with whom I spoke.

Listen, buddy, I have a missing sister. You have a doe. There are enough similarities that I called you. Stop being an A-hole and help me.

Sorry, the anger and emotions are pretty raw today. thanks for reposting this here. The technology has all changed SO MUCH. who knows the condition of the bones? who knows how they measured? Was height based on femur? Was it based on the height from skull to toes? Cross check the damn dentals and get back to me!!

http://youtu.be/2a1KVQtwH04 I don't know if it will help. But the music - haunting - I feel that it well represents her. Whoever hurt her in life can no longer hurt her. I strongly suspect that she met a bad trick along the way, and it could well be that this Doe is her.

Whoever it is - she was someone's daughter. I hate to think that this is how Judy met her fate, but if it is, I will be so relieved to put her to rest appropriately.

If anyone wants to notify LE of a possible match on this case, go right ahead, I have no wish to speak to those particular investigators again. LOL!!! Please post what they say in response.:)

Interesting, as I had a similar taste in my mouth-- the person who called me back -- it was at 10:30 at night -- REALLY? You called me back at 10:30 at night - and shook me down ?? WOW ! and I'm trying to help you CLEAR a case?

New York Post
December 21, 2003

STUMPED BY TOMB MYSTERY; COPS CHASE DECADES OLD CLUES IN PROBE OF GRUESOME "JANE DOE" SLAY

The killer bound the young woman's hands and feet with an extension cord and circled it around her neck. The murderer then wrapped her body in a patch of rust-colored carpet.

Next,the killer carried her down a darkened stairway into the dank basement of a neglected Hell's Kitchen building that was home to squatters, pimps, prostitutes, drug addicts and a popular gay nightclub.

The murderer dropped his burden in a far corner of the basement, next to an aging coal furnace, then mixed enough cement to build a foot-high slab roughly 6 feet wide and 5 feet long.

There, for up to 15 years, the body remained, under the concrete slab, in the basement of 301 W. 46th st, until a construction worker smashed through a section of the tomb with a sledgehammer Febuary 10 and discovered a human skull.

"He flagged down a beat cop, and we got the call" said Gerard Gardiner, a NYPD homicide detective who is now charged with the Jane Doe case.

"At this point we believe she was a young, middle-class woman who probably hopped on a bus to New York full of dreams, but who ended up on the streets" Gardiner said.......[/QUOTE]

chills.up.spine.

Hollow, you made an excellent point about the initials on the ring. I sometimes wear my grandmother's signet ring with initials different than my own. If the victim's ring is a family heirloom, they may never find out who she is.

My grandmother, whose 50th wedding anniversary my sister hitch-hiked to from NY to MN because she was disallowed to ride with the family in 1979 - her name was Phyllis McGrorty.

If my sister was willing to hitch hike in the late fall, from NY to MN, doesn't take much of a leap to think she would love to wear such a ring if she saw it at a flea market - or maybe my grandmother had this ring and gave it to her (though I doubt that's the case, as I don't recall ever seeing or hearing about it) ... however- Judy stole stuff regularly, and was very attached to family. I could TOTALLY see this being something she would wear.

I called back today and got a much different detective -- and let him know my thoughts on the det who had called me back a couple of weeks ago. I hope this goes somewhere. If it it Judy, I hope to give her the burial she deserves. If it is not, I won't stop looking for the Jane that needs her name.

Hello everyone and I am new here, and I also live in New York and this case has always insterest me, why it is like a puzzle with so many pieces but none will fit. But I always wonder about that garment tag found with the body, did they ever found out the type of clothing it was attracted to ? Or did ever figured out what the scraps of glitterly clothing were? Could it have been a blouse, skirt, dress, sweater ? Did the buttons found with the body belong with the tag?

there are many intriguing aspects to the story. from the myspace narrative it is stated that she was found in "relatively fresh concrete". what is relatively fresh concrete? the building is old so it is obviously newer than that. I don't think, however, they are saying it was concrete of just a couple of year's time. just my take on that.

the rat poison - could be symbolic that she 'ratted' on the Westies and that's why she was done in. however, rats have always been a huge problem in NYC so the fact there was rat poison in the basement is no shocker. that it got mixed into the cement is the curiosity.

the toy soldier - probably symbolic as well to mean something along the lines of a foot soldier in a gang like the Westies. not likely something that would have been in the basement normally unlike rat poison.

the Dentals did not rule out my sister -- they are now working the DNA. I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad. All I know is that I want resolve. At least, if we have a body, we can work backwards toward how it happened. Lots of theories swirling around.

I wouldn't read too much into the fact that they were unable to rule out on dentals. When evaluating dentals, they always allow for the possibility that the missing person might have had more dental work and/or lost additional teeth since the last known dental visit.

"Inconclusive" means that there are no missing or restored teeth on the MP's dental records that are not found on the UID.

If the MP's dental records indicate fillings or missing teeth, and the same teeth on the UID are not missing/restored, then they would say it's a positive rule-out. But if there are fillings or missing teeth found on the UID that aren't on the MP's dental records, they won't say it's a rule-out. They will say it's inconclusive.

Therefore, If your sister had little or no dental work and few or no missing teeth, then I wouldn't read too much into it. There might be plenty of inconsistencies, but they won't call it a rule-out. However, if she had a lot of dental work, the "inconclusive" ruling might be more meaningful.

Could it be that the police might have the identify of MJD but don't know it. If this woman or girl was a prostitute there might be a chance that she was arrested at one point in her stay in and around Hell's Kitchen and she could be in their arrest files somewhere

.... but according the website linked previously (and linked below), the clothing tag was actually misidentified. According to the link, the real company that manufactured her clothing dissolved in 1973, which could push her time of death back tremendously. Check it out and see what you think:

http://missing-and-unidentified.org/midtown_jane_doe/study.html

I wasn't able to open this site, did anyone get a chance to look at it? Did it definitively show that UID could have theoretically been killed any time after 1973? Someone please clarify please? Thx--

Hey Carl, thanks for the quick reply. I did more searching about these two girls AFTER I posted that initial one [which I subsequently deleted], because it became apparent that 1) Sarah Hajney was well cared for and would likely not have the deteriorating dentition this UID had 2) The suspect was not TOO concerned with covering up his crime, as he left Hajney's blood-filled car in plain sight with the interior light on. 3) Finding one girl's remains so close to the scene probably meant that the killer would be unlikely to carry the other girl's remains to a different county and then encase her in cement.

SO I deleted that Sarah Hajney post---but thank you for digging around on it so quickly!

Malaika had a comment about Sarah Ann Hajney https://www.findthemissing.org/us/cases/9863/70, which Malaika subsequently deleted. I responded to the message with photos, and a few links to articles, but after realizing that Malaika's comment was deleted, I also deleted the response.

I would be curious to know where the rat poisioning and the toy soldier were found in relation to the body. I would also be curious about what your thoughts are about the watch. I think someone mentioned it was from 1966, is that correct?

The reason I mention this is that I found a missing person that I believe is a good match for this Jane Doe but the problem is that she disappeared in 1970.

Denise Sheehy is a possible match in the following ways:

Her surname is probably the most intriguing in possibilities that this could be her in that it is Irish. Just as the police predicted the UID to be.

Her height estimate matches Midtown Jane Does at 5'2"

Her age when she went missing was 16

She is a good proximity match: She dissapeared from Queens County, New York

She was supposedly wearing a Gold ring with the initials DS, and Gold boys school ring

Regarding the watch near the UID, how likely would it be in your opinion that she would be wearing a 22 year old watch vs. wearing a 4 year old watch? It's possible of course, but in all likelihood, I would make the assumption in the favor that the watch the UID was wearing was not nearly that old when she was wearing it. This is in favor of the fact that I believe Denise Sheehy should at least be looked at.

What do you think???

Denise's page:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5533/89

Attachments

• p.jpg
    p.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 33
  • DeniseSheehy.jpg
    DeniseSheehy.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 35
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/8529
Case Information
Status Missing
First name Priscilla
Middle name Giordano
Last name McKee
Nickname/Alias
Date LKA March 26, 1991 04:00
Date entered 10/28/2010
Age LKA 44 to 44 years old
Age now 65 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Height (inches) 60.0
Weight (pounds) 110.0
Circumstances
City Virginia Beach
State Virginia
Zip code
County Virginia Beach City
Circumstances After discussion of divorce with her
McKee made statements that she was going to commit suicide. Victim left house driving a 1985 Nissan 2DR 200XS Slate Gray in color at approximately 0130 hours on 3/26/91. Victim's husband recieved call from Chesapeake Bay Bridge Police stating they located victim's vehicle on the first island of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and was unattended.

Last seen wearing dark blue slacks, dark blue knit sweater with white specks, ankle length navy blue wool coat, medium blue fake fur cap
Footwear Brown Boots
Jewelry

Okay the intials are the same, and also I notice they mentioned glittery clothing, which corresponds with "specked" clothing? Could the age be wrong?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back