NY NY - NY, Henry Hudson Pkwy @ W 158th St, BlkMale 20-35, UP8456, scars, clothes, Jul'92

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Warning PM

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case NumberM92-05248
Demographics
SexMale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years)20-35
Estimated Year of Death1992
Estimated PMIHours
Height5' 8"(68 inches) , Measured
Weight145 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundJuly 16, 1992
NamUs Case CreatedJanuary 26, 2011
ME/C QA ReviewedJanuary 28, 2011
Location Found Map
Street AddressHenry Hudson Parkway at West 158th Street southboundNew York, New York
CountyNew York County
GPS Coordinates40.836805 ,-73.94927
Circumstances of RecoveryUnknown black male was found with gunshot wounds next to the southbound service road of the Henry Hudson Parkway at West 158th Street.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair Descriptioncurly, .5"
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Descriptionmustache and thin beard
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
3 scars extend from left corner of mouth onto cheek; "C" shaped .5" scar on left chest; 2" vertical scar on left upper abdomen; 1" vertical scar on right upper abdomen; 4" scar on upper right thigh; multiple scars on both knees; 1" scar on mid-left leg; two parallel 1.75" and 1" scars on left calf; two parallel 1" scar on mid right arm; .5" scar on upper right forearm; rectangular 1x.5" scar on lower right forearm; 2 scars on back of left hand; .25" circular scar on left shoulder

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
pink v-neck polo shirt with green trim on collar and "J. Vital" over left pocket, gray sweatshorts with "Georgetown Hoyas" emblem on left leg, blue briefs with dark blue pinstripes, black and blue "New York Giants" cap
On the Body

Footwear
white "Reebok" tennis shoes
On the Body

Street view

Google Maps

Thanks for posting this along with the threads for other UID black men in NY. When I glanced at new threads and saw them listed I almost thought it could be a serial killer. It doesn't seem like these victims share a killer. Someone has to be missing these men. You wonder how hard people actually worked to identify them.

Thank you!

I decided to go though all nameus profiles with JD's with recognizable face to find out wether they had a threads here or not and many didn't. Especially minorities.

It seems like NEW YORK state created most of these files around 2010 on nameus and many of those are not posted anywhere else either. Its amazing how many unidentified people they have from the years 1989-1993 but hardly anything before or after. I know NY was really rough back then but sill.

The main reason they are still unidentified is probably because nobody bothered looking for them, they were at the bottom of society, their case files were created recently and they haven't got any threads where people are discussing them either. That's why I decided to do it here cause somebody might recognize them ot take an interest in finding out. The internet has made miracles before and will do again.

Thank you!

I decided to go though all nameus profiles with JD's with recognizable face to find out wether they had a threads here or not and many didn't. Especially minorities.

It seems like NEW YORK state created most of these files around 2010 on nameus and many of those are not posted anywhere else either. Its amazing how many unidentified people they have from the years 1989-1993 but hardly anything before or after. I know NY was really rough back then but sill.

The main reason they are still unidentified is probably because nobody bothered looking for them, they were at the bottom of society, their case files were created recently and they haven't got any threads where people are discussing them either. That's why I decided to do it here cause somebody might recognize them ot take an interest in finding out. The internet has made miracles before and will do again.

I know New York was supposed to be rougher back then. Sometimes I think they went too far cleaning up the city jmo. LE needs to go over these cases again. I'm sure at the time they weren't a priority for LE. People that knew some of the men, might have been afraid to get involved in . If drugs or something illegal was involved coming forward could have gotten them killed or locked up. Now old friends and people that knew them might assume someone else identified them a long time ago. Some of the UID could have been transients or homeless and might not have been considered missing by family or friends but 20 or 30 years is a long time to not check in.

Does NamUs include everything cops jotted down or is there more information LE has access to? I wondered if certain tattoos on bodies could be links to schools, an area, gangs, or groups that would have existed then but wouldn't have meaning to the general public.
Is there a way to get LE's attention? Would starting a facebook page dedicated just to the UID in this time frame help get there faces out there. You really caught something could have kept going unnoticed. I think these men should be able to be identified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes
Back