OH OH - Cleveland, BlkMale 28-45, UP15453, bulging eyes, small upturned nose, tattoo 'Sally', Aug'69

This is her burial
This is so, so interesting. Is it possible that our deceased could be either the unknown man who dropped Jeffery off at the hospital, or a member of the black nationalist movement? It seems police were onto this lead at the time, so I imagine they investigated to some degree. But what if the UID was living under an alias or traveling?

This is so, so interesting. Is it possible that our deceased could be either the unknown man who dropped Jeffery off at the hospital, or a member of the black nationalist movement? It seems police were onto this lead at the time, so I imagine they investigated to some degree. But what if the UID was living under an alias or traveling?
Im searching through the Call and Post to see if there are any more mentioning of this, and so far I don’t see anything. Considering the tension between blacks and the police, I’m wondering if it’s a “street justice” kinda thing??

Sep 28, 2023 CUYAHOGA COUNTY
Unidentified: Who was this man found dead inside of a barrel in 1969?
''Clothing partially dissolved by the fluid - Clothing was washed and air-dried due to caustic fluid prior to examination for defects: Jacket - Tan corduroy, quilted lining with matted fiber inner lining, front zipper closure, "Cal Craft Sportswear" on black label with gold stitching at back of neck;Grey colored, herringbone patterened cotton twill work shirt, label at back of neck is not discernible;Yellow-grey appearing T-shirt with short sleeves;Grey colored trouser fragments (2 major portions)
On the Body

Footwear
Brown combat boot type shoe present on right foot and extends above the level of the ankle. This boot measured 13" from the back of the heel to the tip of the toe.
On the Body

Jewelry
Wristwatch - "Wallham" trademark with a gray metal stretchband recoverd from left wrist.Gray metal ring with blue stone recovered from left 4th finger.''

Sep 28, 2023 CUYAHOGA COUNTY
Unidentified: Who was this man found dead inside of a barrel in 1969?
''Clothing partially dissolved by the fluid - Clothing was washed and air-dried due to caustic fluid prior to examination for defects: Jacket - Tan corduroy, quilted lining with matted fiber inner lining, front zipper closure, "Cal Craft Sportswear" on black label with gold stitching at back of neck;Grey colored, herringbone patterened cotton twill work shirt, label at back of neck is not discernible;Yellow-grey appearing T-shirt with short sleeves;Grey colored trouser fragments (2 major portions)
On the Body

Footwear
Brown combat boot type shoe present on right foot and extends above the level of the ankle. This boot measured 13" from the back of the heel to the tip of the toe.
On the Body

Jewelry
Wristwatch - "Wallham" trademark with a gray metal stretchband recoverd from left wrist.Gray metal ring with blue stone recovered from left 4th finger.''
This is actually scary to me, I’ve road passed there sooooo many times and NEVER knew!!

Regarding the watch, I found old advertisements for them, this may help narrow down the location this UID is from.

Waltham
started in 1850 in roxbury, massachusetts, the foundation was laid for what would later become waltham watch company. rising to postbellum prominence making railroad chronometers as the american watch company, the waltham, massachusetts firm would have a lengthy existence
until the late 1950's. having made a sales agreement with the hallmark watch
company during the decade, waltham and later "waltham of chicago" would continue selling swiss made watches via hallmark through the 1960's.
Waltham

Attachments

• IMG_7573.jpeg
    IMG_7573.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics