OR OR- Cynthia Reed (Shultz), 50, real estate agent in Klamath, her blood-spattered car found in Redding, Calif, 27 April 1968, *Evidence*

dotr

Reaction score
''The "figure - eight" canal, Three Agree to Lie Test in Case Of Lost Woman KLAMATH FALLS (AP) -Police here say that three persons not identified have agreed to take lie detector tests in connection with the case of Mrs. Cynthia, Reed, who is missing and believed killed. The 50-year-old Klamath Falls real estate agent, also known as Cynthia Shultz, was last seen the night of April 27. Her blood-spattered car was found a few days later in Redding, Calif. Investigators in Klamath Falls think Mrs.
Reed's body has been buried somewhere in the region, and they have sent samples of evidence from the car to the State Crime Laboratory in Portland for analysis..''
1707761114589.png

@dotr

To answer your question on the other thread, I did see the find a grave (?) you you mentioned, but I am inclined to believe that was just a marker and she wasn't buried.

She was legally declared dead in Feb 1971 by her son

Source: "Family Seeks Death Edict In Oregon Case", The Sacramento Bee, Feb 1, 1971, pg 17.

In Feb 1972 bones were found in Redding that was thought to be her, but turned out to be deer bones. In other articles it's mentioned that her case was closed and had to be reopened when the police thought the bones were human remains. This is also the last article I could find on her.

Source: "Bones Discovered in Redding Area Are Not Human", The Sacramento Bee, March 18, 1972, pg 5.

So by 1972 she was still missing, I searched through newspapers from California/Oregon on Newspapers.com/Newsbank/Press Archive and couldn't find mention of her remains being found. As far as I can tell the two suspects in her case were also never prosecuted (possibly because of lack of body?).

Since she was legally declared dead I think that's why the date of her death on her marker matches the day she disappeared but I could be mistaken.

Looks like she was married in Ironwood, Michigan to Everett Foeller on Sept 21, 1935.

Ironwood Daily Globe (Ironwood, MI), Oct 1, 1935, pg 6.

She divorced Everett on grounds of cruelty in 1940

Spokane Chronicle (Spokane, WA), 21 March 1940, pg 34

She was married to Mark T. Haworth in 1942 (newspaper incorrectly has his last name as Harworth), at this point she was living in Nez Perce, ID

The Spokeman-Review (Spokane, WA), March 7, 1942, pg 7.
Marriage Record

They were divorced at Nez Perce in 1954
1707843727655.png

At some point she moved to Dunsmuir, CA with her husband Henry Schultz, I think they were married pretty fast after she divorced Mark but I can't find a marriage record. They moved to Klamath Falls by at least 1961.

Mark Harworth dies in 1960

Death Record

Cynthia goes missing in 1968

Everett dies in 1978

Find a grave

Last edited:
The way the news article refers to her as "Mrs. Reed" and then "also known as Cynthia Schultz" leads me to suspect that she and Mr. Schultz were never legally married.

I wonder if we're distantly related. She lived in several towns where some paternal relatives were living at the time.

The way the news article refers to her as "Mrs. Reed" and then "also known as Cynthia Schultz" leads me to suspect that she and Mr. Schultz were never legally married.

I wonder if we're distantly related. She lived in several towns where some paternal relatives were living at the time.

Interesting! I didn't catch that, I think you may be right.

Would be quite the coincidence if you did end up being related.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betts79
Back