Circumstances​

Date of Last Contact December 13, 2002
NamUs Case Created March 11, 2013

Last Known Location​

Location Grants Pass, Oregon 97527
County Josephine County
Missing From Tribal Land No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--

Circumstances of Disappearance Ronald Keith Lyles went to the West Picket Creek area to cut firewood in his 1978 truck and never returned. The truck was later located with no signs of Keith.

Circumstance Notes​

Goes by his middle name of Keith

Physical Description​

Hair Color Blond/Strawberry
Head Hair Description Blond
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description Beard and mustache
Left Eye Color Blue
Right Eye Color Blue
Eye Description--

Distinctive Physical Features​

Item
Description
Scar/mark
Scar on both right and left legs from upper thigh to knees

Transportation​

1978 Ford F150​

Style Pickup
Color Brown
State Oregon
License Plate 278ANH

Is there a clearer description of the location he went missing from?

The missing poster above says "the West Pickett Creek area of Grants Pass cutting firewood." But, according to Google Maps, West Pickett Creek, and the road named after it, is about 14 miles away from Grants Pass. This area fits the details, though, because of how remote and wooded it is. I can see someone getting lost and going missing here.

However, Namus pretty much gives the center of Grants Pass in its coordinates, and this area is very suburban, so I can't imagine him cutting firewood here.

Is there a clearer description of the location he went missing from?

The missing poster above says "the West Pickett Creek area of Grants Pass cutting firewood." But, according to Google Maps, West Pickett Creek, and the road named after it, is about 14 miles away from Grants Pass. This area fits the details, though, because of how remote and wooded it is. I can see someone getting lost and going missing here.

However, Namus pretty much gives the center of Grants Pass in its coordinates, and this area is very suburban, so I can't imagine him cutting firewood here.
West Pickett Creek and the road connected to it are in a rural portion of Josephine County, technically it is a little closer to an unincorporated place known as Merlin, but it's ambiguous enough just to be considered an extension of Grants Pass and the greater Josephine county area.

I think the NAMUS coordinates may be because all of the police hubs are in grants pass, or he may have lived in the town itself and left from there

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lifescholar
Back