Oregon Fugitive: D.A.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why everyone is picking this guy apart on Kyron's thread.......I've not read anything that suggests one is involved with the other.

I don't know why everyone is picking this guy apart on Kyron's thread.......I've not read anything that suggests one is involved with the other.

Well to be fair, I don't think he has anything to do with this case either but in the absence of new information, I understand people wanting to try and find a link. A separate thread was created so those who don't want to discuss DAD don't have to weed through to find any new information on Kyron.

Well to be fair, I don't think he has anything to do with this case either but in the absence of new information, I understand people wanting to try and find a link. A separate thread was created so those who don't want to discuss DAD don't have to weed through to find any new information on Kyron.

Nice post. It's always good to have more than one way of looking at a case. Considering more than one angle or perp, you can avoid tunnel vision.

I haven't seen anything. Not much news lately.

argh, frustrating, eh?
Thanks for the extra efforts. I'm familiar with the 'private company/vested interest' info. Have my feelers out, too, but no info.

I'm in touch with 2 reporters for MSM. One is closer to the coast.

Are we allowed to sleuth DAD now?

I'm looking for police report of stolen vehicle in Lincoln City and/or Lincoln County within a couple of days (maybe a little longer) after DAD alledgedly shot Officer Dobbs (shortly before midnight, Jan 23). Any help greatly appreciated to advance this case!

TIA

Found the stolen vehicle in police report. But unless DAD got a ride from where he bailed out of his car, I don't see how he could've made it back up to Lincoln City to where this car was taken from:

Lincoln City Police Dept.

"Monday, Jan. 24

12:16 a.m. Stolen vehicle reported in the 4900 block of Logan Road. Caller reports vehicle was locked with no keys inside."

http://www.thenewsguard.com/news/local_news/article_d34b66e6-2e5b-11e0-9a29-001cc4c002e0.html

A new article
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...oded_area_near_waldport_for_david_durham.html
WALDPORT - Three canine units from Tillamook and Marion Counties scoured about two miles of heavy wooded brush in the Bayshore neighborhood Thursday

Thanks LMax, I think LE did this to rule the area out, don't you. Personally I would think LE would have checked out all vacant houses in Bayshore by now and unless he killed himself is far away by now. I think he hitchhiked south.

BTW, the first year we had El Ninyo {sp} the Oregon Coast was hit hard with erosion along the beaches. I went to an 'erosion' class given by the Marine Science Center in Newport, and Bayshore was one of the places we went to. It sits below the level of Hwy 101, so one drives down into the community. It was quite an isolated development back in the late 80's. That is why I have a hard time imagining this guy still in the area. Someone would have probably caught wind of him by now.

This week there was an update from another MSM outlet local to the area DAD escaped in (link below). Says they've used cadaver search dogs searching for DAD. I see nothing that states there was evidence leading them to do that. Maybe just hoping to find him.

There's other interesting statements about the non-availability of adequate scent-tracking dogs during the initial action. You have to read the whole article carefully to get it straight in your mind.

"...search...fired up again last week in the Waldport area, except this time officers used cadaver dogs to search for any signs of Durham’s body."

http://thenewsguard.com/news/article_cf6f0d4e-395e-11e0-8547-001cc4c002e0.html

At this point, IMHO, I've seen nothing other than rumors to relate DAD to Kyron's disappearance. So, I'm not going to continue following up with media reports. But for those here who want to, the two that are continuing to cover when Portland media is not, are the newsguard and registerguard (links given in earlier posts in this thread).

Hi Guys, Nothing on this guy yet? Isn't it amazing how he disappeared off the face of the earth?

Does anyone know how much lead time there was from TOD and discovery of the body?

Hi Guys, Nothing on this guy yet? Isn't it amazing how he disappeared off the face of the earth?

Does anyone know how much lead time there was from TOD and discovery of the body?

Did I miss something, Scandi? What TOD and discovery of the body?

Did I miss something, Scandi? What TOD and discovery of the body?
Sorry Wondergirl, I was wrong about TOD. The officer is alive and getting better every day from what I have heard on the news. What I was thinking of was the amount of time from when the officer was shot until the police arrived on the scene as that would be the lead time for this guy to get away. If there wasn't much lead time it is really amazing he hasn't been found by now.

I need to read the whole thread, face it !!! :waitasec:

There's other interesting statements about the non-availability of adequate scent-tracking dogs during the initial action.

SBM

In part, that is probably because SAR volunteers do not go out on searches for people who are known to be armed and dangerous.

It takes a lot of work and time to train and maintain a SAR dog. It's essentially a part time job (which volunteers do for free). Most LE agencies are stretched for money these days, so if they can afford a police service dog, they have to prioritise their goals for such a dog.

Suspects who run off into a relatively unpopulated area to hide (or perhaps die?) are a relatively rare phenomenon. Most people who are lost out in the woods are people who *want* to be found, so if there is a local SAR organisation, LE can focus on more pressing concerns.

Sorry Wondergirl, I was wrong about TOD. The officer is alive and getting better every day from what I have heard on the news. What I was thinking of was the amount of time from when the officer was shot until the police arrived on the scene as that would be the lead time for this guy to get away. If there wasn't much lead time it is really amazing he hasn't been found by now.

I need to read the whole thread, face it !!! :waitasec:

Officer Dodd was able to radio for help and LE was on the scene very quickly. I haven't seen any timelines, but I'd guess less than half an hour before they started the search for DAD.

The area DAD was thought to be in (as evidenced by the discovery of his dog, Huckleberry) is a peninsula. There is some speculation that he may have tried to elude capture by swimming past the search area, in which case he probably died of exposure in the water. It wouldn't be a rational choice to make in late January but DAD doesn't strike me as particularly rational.

Even if he stuck to land by hiding out in the woods, he may have died, either by accident or suicide.

Does anyone else see a resemblence between DAD and Jared Loughner, the Tucson shooter? They both have the same stretched open eyes and strange tight smile in their photos.

Please don' t post rumors on this forum.

??? What rumor? But then again, if you told us, you would be posting rumors, right?

(I am dying for some news on this case. I would even settle for an unsubstantiated rumor at this point!)

header_wanted-fugitives.png

Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution - Attempted Aggravated Murder (4 counts), Attempted Murder (10 counts), Assault in the First Degree, Assaulting a Public Safety Officer, Unlawful Use of a Weapon (12 counts), Recklessly Endangering Another (10 counts), Menacing (10 counts), Attempted Assault in the First Degree (9 counts), Assault in the Second Degree (3 counts), Attempted Assault on a Public Safety Officer (3 counts), Fleeing or Attempting to Elude a Police Officer (3 counts), Reckless Driving, Assault in the Third Degree

DAVID ANTHONY DURHAM

image_thumb
image_thumb
image_thumb

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/additional/david-anthony-durham

Didn't see this posted here.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/additional/david-anthony-durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online