PA PA- Andrew Nedby, 13, Philadelphia, 1 June 1973

Andrew Nedy & Mabel Andrews are cases that I can NOT get out of my mind. I truly hope, from the bottom of my heart, that the family gets the closure they are looking for. To be honest, there is still a part of me that is hoping Andrew will be found alive!!

Websleuths Family, please keep Andrew and the Nedby family in your hearts. God Bless.

Update: Andrew Nedby has been identified as the John Doe in the thread. I received confirmation from his sister and she has asked that I update everyone. His namus and that of the john doe will likely be removed shortly.

Yesterday Detective Gordon, Ryan Gallagher, my sisters and I had a zoom call and they confirmed that the Philadelphia Doe found on April 12, 1975 is my brother Andrew Nedby. The cause of death is drowning, and there is no evidence of foul play. Andy had epilepsy, and I have to wonder if he had a seizure (he used to have grand mal seizures) and fell and hit his head on the rocks. The area where he was found is actually the end point of the Frankford creek (or crick as we say in Philly) and there are many places that he could have fallen in, slipped on rocks, something like that, and it took him down the path. Our home at that time was on Church street in Frankford, and if you look at the map you'll see that where the body was found was not very far from our house. BUT, the original police reports and ME report has the body listed as an adult male.

I'm going to write more and tell you more of the story if you have questions; I don't mind at all. And the community has been so lovely in thoughts and prayers and well wishes. Will you please share with everyone the good news?

Mods, can you please verify @katrinalynn19 so that we may discuss Andrew Nedby freely?

Dear Andrew, please rest in peace. May this bring about peace and closure for the Nedby family.

Update: Andrew Nedby has been identified as the John Doe in the thread. I received confirmation from his sister and she has asked that I update everyone. His namus and that of the john doe will likely be removed shortly.

Mods, can you please verify @katrinalynn19 so that we may discuss Andrew Nedby freely?

Dear Andrew, please rest in peace. May this bring about peace and closure for the Nedby family.
Well done. God bless his family and may he rest in peace.

From the Charley Website:

nedby_andrew.jpg

Andrew Nedby, age 13
  • Missing Since 06/01/1973
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Height and Weight 5'0 - 5'6, 75 - 120 pounds
  • Medical Conditions Andrew suffers from seizures and hearing loss in his left ear. He has been diagnosed with borderline hyperactivity.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Sandy brown hair, brown eyes.

Details of Disappearance​

Andrew was last seen in the Frankford area of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on June 1, 1973.

LINK:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexWorksInTelly
Back