GUILTY PA - Devan Knapp, 19, Brookville, 11 Jan 2013

clarion county news arrested shawn carr! thanks to our pd and my blessing be bought to her family and her friends!

Thanks PAMommy for the news!

They have arrested Shawn Carr in connection with DK's death, he is charged with murder! Here is the link: http://exploreclarion.com/2013/02/25/breaking-news-murder-charges-filed-in-death-of-brookville-teen/

So according to the article above Shawn Carr is charged with:
- Murder in the 3rd Degree
- Involuntary Manslaughter
- Drug Delivery Resulting in Death
- Aggravated Assault
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Delivery of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Abuse of a Corpse
- Conspiracy – Abuse of a Corpse
- Tampering with or Fabricating Physical Evidence
- Conspiracy – Tampering with or Fabricating Physical Evidence
- Recklessly Endangering Another Person
- Simple Assault

That pretty much explains what LE thinks happened. I suspected it will turn out to be something like this.

I'm wondering what the assault charges mean if this was an overdose and he gave her the drugs or if it is more sinister and her forcefully gave her the drugs. God bless her family and friends it's awful.

"i agree with pa mommy he would not have all this is he would of seeked helped makes me think he made her do it, who ever helped him with a ride back and the others in this,i hope they get them to! blessing to the family and peace!

I think abuse of a corpse does mean leaving her, not respectfully disposing of the body (ie calling the funeral home).

I find the charges of assault interesting, makes me think there is more to it than just an overdose at a party. And he should be charged with failure to render aid along with whoever else was there. He knew she was having trouble breathing and placed her in a shower to revive her, proves he was aware she was in need of medical help. Had someone called 911 maybe DK would have made it.

DK's mom did post the story on her facebook and said it is bittersweet.

i also thought bout 2 counts of assult
:great: sorry bout my spelling to excited to think!

More arrest need to be made! so the drugs coming in stop, killing our kids and my younger kids and grandkids! Devan is gone but not forgotten, nor the others
involved!

It saids he didnt want to take for help because of warrent for arrest, the warrent because he owed the county MONEY, and he would not be in as much trouble now if he would of stood of to the plate and everyone esle there, why it sadden me, she could of stood a chance if he would of helped her and the ones who was there, shame on them to! maybe he did force her! his happy mugshot makes me sick!

Much more here http://www.thecourierexpress.com/courierexpress/courierexpresslocal/995037-349/man-charged-in-connection-with-brookville-womans.html
A search warrant was obtained for Carr's cell phone records, which turned up several text messages sent Jan. 12, including a pair that said a girl had overdosed and that Carr was "keeping her breathing." .....

.... At that point, according to the affidavit of probable cause, Stark and his girlfriend, Adonica Vigus, along with Carr, took off Knapp's clothing and placed her in a cold shower. Vigus performed CPR on Knapp and revived her.
Stark told police that Knapp opened her eyes, but was unable to talk or walk. Her breathing was still irregular, he said.
About a half-hour later, Carr said Knapp was not breathing.

RIP Devan.

A couple of updates, today they charged Tanner Stark who accompanied Shawn Carr to Fisher. It was at his house in Rimersburg that DK was given the drugs and it was Tanner Stark's girlfriend who helped undress DK and put her in the shower and administered CPR.

I read a news article and discovered that the Drew who DK was taking care of and who bought DK the Toyota Scion is Drew Womeldorf. He dated my oldest sister in high school many years ago. I was shocked because I had seen him recently in Clarion and didn't recognize him at all and to see him in a wheelchair when I remember him as a vibrant athletic young man is really sad. Someone stated previously that Drew has MS if anyone does know why Drew is in a wheelchair I was just wondering what happened to him. This case is just so sad. Here's a clip from Drew's youth as the quarterback of the Redbank Valley (New Bethlehem) football team:

Brookville American, Tuesday, October 22, 1985
Quarterback Drew Womeldorf threw two touchdowns and the Redbank Valley defense limited the Brookville Raiders to just 116 yards of offense in a 29-0 shutout of the Raiders last Friday night in New Bethlehem. The win allowed the Bulldogs, 7-1, to stay ahead of second place Brockway by one game in the Little 12 Conference's East Division standings.http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/jdem...6329-349/look-backs.html#sthash.FJXIhpJN.dpuf

It is my understanding that Drew is a veteran of the armed services, and his disability is somehow related to his service.

Joel "Tanner" Stark waived his preliminary hearing today. He did testify for the commonwealth during Shawn Carr's hearing. Both Carr and Stark have been charged in connection with Devan Knapp's murder.

Charges against Shawn Carr and Joel Tanner Stark for the murder of Devan Knapp have been bound to court.

- status from some local news reporters' fb pages.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back