PA PA - Kathy Shea, 6, Tyrone, 18 March 1965

Didn't LE already search his cabin and didn't find her? And I thought I read in the beginning of this post that LE said he wasn't involved in Kathy's disappearance.
I respectfully disagree with their opinion. I also think they need to search the woods around his cabin.

Amateur opinion and speculation

If LE assumed that he wasn't Kathy's abductor based only on the fact that Hollenbaugh didn't drive then I don't know what to say.
Yes, that's ridiculous. He kidnapped Peggy Bradnick to have her serve as his driver while on his dastardly mission. Most likely he did the same with Kathy Shea's case. I suspect he has a rather large cache of bones and misc. "trophies" somewhere near his home base cabin.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I can remember seeing this picture when I was a little girl of about the same age at the time. I lived in Monroeville, not so close to where Kathy disappeared, but close enough that it was in our newspaper, and made my normally complacent mother insane with worry.

I have to completely disagree with Roses and any speculation that William Hollenbaugh was involved in this disappearance of Kathy. I live in the area of Shade Gap and Burnt Cabins. I have family that knew of Hollenbaugh, and family that searched for P.A.B. and Hollenbaugh after her abduction. Most people I've talked to have said Hollenbaugh, though weird and distant, wasn't exactly a criminal mastermind, and it's pretty much known that he steadily worked for the locals in the area up until P.A.B's abduction, getting to and from on a bicycle.

A mountain-man, sure, but no mastermind of crime. As a matter of fact, he was immediately suspected in her disappearance (P.A.B) as he hadn't shown up to feed the livestock of the farmer, whose land his shack sat on, which was weird to them because was known to be dependable. They said that if he'd fed the animals after her abduction, and hid her somewhere close, he'd have probably never been suspected in Peggy's abduction. Additionally, he didn't just sneak off with her while she was alone, he kidnapped her at gunpoint in front of all of her siblings, wearing several layers of clothes, a cheek filler (to make his face rounder) and big goggles to disguise himself.

His making it to Tyrone (30 miles) via bicycle and rails is possible, though I highly doubt it. He moved to the area around 1962, and he was committing crimes in the area up until P.A.B's abduction in 1966. Most of these crimes involved "peeping Tom" type incidents involving grown women, or larceny. Shortly after Kathy's disappearance (less than a month) Hollenbaugh was linked to a shooting of a local man who approached a trespasser on his property at night. The shooter was thought to have been spying on the man's wife at the time. I've never heard stories of him ever harassing little girls or eyeing them, etc. Kathy's case doesn't fit his M.O. as far as I can see. All of his crimes also involved firearms (long guns), which had someone (around the time of Kathy's disappearance) seen a man traveling the rails or a bicycle with a long gun, I'm sure it would have been mentioned to L.E.O's. Peggy was 17 when this happened, and not little and defenseless.

IMHO, Hollenbaugh had more than enough people to harass in Shade Gap and Burnt Cabins, and no need to go to Tyrone for an abduction of a child. He was close enough to McConnellsburg, Huntingdon, and Mt. Union if he were looking for a larger town to kidnap a child. Roses, if you want to front the bill, I can take the handler and his/her cadaver dogs right to where his shack used to be. It's only several-hundred yards from route 522. Not being rude, but this throws the case in a totally different direction. I believe the answer lies with someone in or very close to Tyrone.

I have to completely disagree with Roses and any speculation that William Hollenbaugh was involved in this disappearance of Kathy. I live in the area of Shade Gap and Burnt Cabins. I have family that knew of Hollenbaugh, and family that searched for P.A.B. and Hollenbaugh after her abduction. Most people I've talked to have said Hollenbaugh, though weird and distant, wasn't exactly a criminal mastermind, and it's pretty much known that he steadily worked for the locals in the area up until P.A.B's abduction, getting to and from on a bicycle.

A mountain-man, sure, but no mastermind of crime. As a matter of fact, he was immediately suspected in her disappearance (P.A.B) as he hadn't shown up to feed the livestock of the farmer, whose land his shack sat on, which was weird to them because was known to be dependable. They said that if he'd fed the animals after her abduction, and hid her somewhere close, he'd have probably never been suspected in Peggy's abduction. Additionally, he didn't just sneak off with her while she was alone, he kidnapped her at gunpoint in front of all of her siblings, wearing several layers of clothes, a cheek filler (to make his face rounder) and big goggles to disguise himself.

His making it to Tyrone (30 miles) via bicycle and rails is possible, though I highly doubt it. He moved to the area around 1962, and he was committing crimes in the area up until P.A.B's abduction in 1966. Most of these crimes involved "peeping Tom" type incidents involving grown women, or larceny. Shortly after Kathy's disappearance (less than a month) Hollenbaugh was linked to a shooting of a local man who approached a trespasser on his property at night. The shooter was thought to have been spying on the man's wife at the time. I've never heard stories of him ever harassing little girls or eyeing them, etc. Kathy's case doesn't fit his M.O. as far as I can see. All of his crimes also involved firearms (long guns), which had someone (around the time of Kathy's disappearance) seen a man traveling the rails or a bicycle with a long gun, I'm sure it would have been mentioned to L.E.O's. Peggy was 17 when this happened, and not little and defenseless.

IMHO, Hollenbaugh had more than enough people to harass in Shade Gap and Burnt Cabins, and no need to go to Tyrone for an abduction of a child. He was close enough to McConnellsburg, Huntingdon, and Mt. Union if he were looking for a larger town to kidnap a child. Roses, if you want to front the bill, I can take the handler and his/her cadaver dogs right to where his shack used to be. It's only several-hundred yards from route 522. Not being rude, but this throws the case in a totally different direction. I believe the answer lies with someone in or very close to Tyrone.

I agree with you-I don’t think Hollenbaugh was anywhere near Tyrone that day. This abduction of Kathy appears (to me) to be entirely different. I wish her parents had been able to know what happened to that darling little girl.

I agree with you-I don’t think Hollenbaugh was anywhere near Tyrone that day. This abduction of Kathy appears (to me) to be entirely different. I wish her parents had been able to know what happened to that darling little girl.

I agree 100% on the difference. I too wish her parents had found closure. A situation I pray you nor I will ever experience.

Wouldn't it be awesome if she did show up as an adult and go to authorities and say, I think I'm Kathy.
Stranger things have happened. I live in Bellefonte, probably 35 miles from Tyrone. I can remember when this happened. I was in 3rd grade. I lived a couple blocks from my elementary school and walked back and forth to school, including at lunch time. My mom was definitely rattled by this incident. I can also remember we drove to Tyrone a couple days later. I don't know if my parents just wanted to see what was going on or if they thought we might find her? I can remember at the time the general feeling was she may have gotten into a storm sewer and drowned. Pretty sure they would have found her. I do think she was probably abducted and either killed or perhaps "adopted" by some sickos who thought they needed a daughter. If that would be the case, who knows what they told her to convince her that her "new" life was going to be the new norm. You would think she would still have some vague memories of her first life, mom and dad, siblings, hometown? If she is dead, I pray she did not suffer. This has got to be solved!

KSheaen_complete_ci.png

Kathy Shea, age 6, Missing since 18 March 1965

Sadly I think that Kathleen is gone. Chances are, she was lured in by a neighbor and buried in a garden on the journey to school.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saky
Back