PA-York City police officer Steven Kyle Cugini accused of sexually assaulting 13-month-old child - 17 April 2024

sds71

Reaction score
A York police officer raped a 13-month-old girl while he was bathing her over the weekend in a Dauphin County home, police wrote in court documents.

The baby’s Halifax daycare center called Pennsylvania State Police on Monday requesting a welfare check after the girl was dropped off with “severe bruising” on her face and head, and wounds that left her unable to put pressure on her left foot, according to an affidavit of probable cause.

Medical professionals later discovered the baby had a broken leg in addition to the bruising, and showed signs of having been raped.

The alleged crimes, State Police say, happened from April 11 to April 15 in Elizabethville Borough and in Springettsbury Township, York County. According to Troopers, they got a report of severe bruising to the child after they were dropped off at daycare.

The victim’s mother told State Police the child suffered the injuries from a hard fall during bath time. State Police say the mother “went on to provide implausible explanations for several other injuries to the victim’s body” including that bruising was caused by the family dog.

State Police say Cugini was identified and interviewed as a potential suspect. During his interview, State Police say Cugini initially denied giving care to the child, but went on to say he changed “a few diapers” and gave the victim a bath, at which point there was an accident in the bathroom.

Troopers say text messages later showed Cugini acknowledging his responsibility for the victim’s bruising.

According to State Police, the victim’s mother also disclosed that Cugini had locked himself in the bathroom with the child and that she could hear crying and loud noises coming from the room.

State Police say their investigation into Cugini is ongoing. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for May 1.

Last edited:
Well, this guy, if convicted, is gonna have one very difficult time in prison. He' got the double disadvantage of being LE AND a child rapist. He's gonna make so many new friends who can't wait to spend some quality time with him. JMO

I hope he end up in gen pop but it isn't likely. Still, there are plenty of ways to get at someone you would like to have a word with in prison MOO

Horrible, sick individual.And mom needs to have someone go upside her head too. I pray for a speedy and full recovery for this precious baby girl.
agreed, he locked himself with her 13 month old in a bathroom and then she hears crying and loud noises and does what, just stands there? goes back to scrolling tiktok? Makes herself a sandwich? Like - what prevented her from investigating what was going on in that bathroom, breaking in the door, calling the law, anything at all?

That poor, precious baby. This didn’t happen just once. The assaults were spread out over 4 days and 2 locations. She suffered a broken leg in addition to other injuries and these “special people” just dumped her off at day care. She had to be in agony. There are a few times when our system is too evolved, because their rights are always going to spare them from true justice. I hope this baby is placed with relatives who will love and protect her, and keep her far away from the ppl who hurt her.

A York police officer raped a 13-month-old girl while he was bathing her over the weekend in a Dauphin County home, police wrote in court documents.

The baby’s Halifax daycare center called Pennsylvania State Police on Monday requesting a welfare check after the girl was dropped off with “severe bruising” on her face and head, and wounds that left her unable to put pressure on her left foot, according to an affidavit of probable cause.

Medical professionals later discovered the baby had a broken leg in addition to the bruising, and showed signs of having been raped.

The alleged crimes, State Police say, happened from April 11 to April 15 in Elizabethville Borough and in Springettsbury Township, York County. According to Troopers, they got a report of severe bruising to the child after they were dropped off at daycare.

The victim’s mother told State Police the child suffered the injuries from a hard fall during bath time. State Police say the mother “went on to provide implausible explanations for several other injuries to the victim’s body” including that bruising was caused by the family dog.

State Police say Cugini was identified and interviewed as a potential suspect. During his interview, State Police say Cugini initially denied giving care to the child, but went on to say he changed “a few diapers” and gave the victim a bath, at which point there was an accident in the bathroom.

Troopers say text messages later showed Cugini acknowledging his responsibility for the victim’s bruising.

According to State Police, the victim’s mother also disclosed that Cugini had locked himself in the bathroom with the child and that she could hear crying and loud noises coming from the room.

State Police say their investigation into Cugini is ongoing. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for May 1.

In the second linkt, it looks like this officer had been convicted by a crime with a 16 year old that but it was probation after a plea agreement that the mother of the victim called a betrayal. It is obvious that this officer was not reformed and should have stayed in jail

God. People like this make me lose hope in humanity. How can you do this to a 1 YEAR OLD, and fight other fellow criminals in the same circumstances...

If it were my way he'd be straight to the gallows/chair or whatever other words for execution. This girl deserved a happy life, and the man who was meant to protect her inside and outside of the home did unspeakable things instead.

I get heated when the perpetrator is LE so I'll leave it at that, and I think I'd get banned if I expanded forward about what I wish would happen to this monster.
He has twin daughters
Oh for god sake, if it couldn't get any more horrifying. How can you do this to a little girl and look at your two daughters on the same day, then go and fight criminals? This man must be mentally ill to be able to do this.

He has twin daughters
uggh. a check of his FB page gives the appearance of a devoted dad to twin girls, who are pictured throughout his feed. Just goes to show you, you cannot judge a book by it's cover.

God. People like this make me lose hope in humanity. How can you do this to a 1 YEAR OLD, and fight other fellow criminals in the same circumstances...

If it were my way he'd be straight to the gallows/chair or whatever other words for execution. This girl deserved a happy life, and the man who was meant to protect her inside and outside of the home did unspeakable things instead.

I get heated when the perpetrator is LE so I'll leave it at that, and I think I'd get banned if I expanded forward about what I wish would happen to this monster.

Oh for god sake, if it couldn't get any more horrifying. How can you do this to a little girl and look at your two daughters on the same day, then go and fight criminals? This man must be mentally ill to be able to do this.
Oh, no no no. Steven Cugini, 28, claimed the bruises to baby’s bottom was caused by diaper rash - citing similar injuries to his own daughter. He has young twin girls. This absolute POC - baby has a broken tibia & fibula. <modsnip> Please, lock him up and throw away the key.

Last edited by a moderator:
uggh. a check of his FB page gives the appearance of a devoted dad to twin girls, who are pictured throughout his feed. Just goes to show you, you cannot judge a book by it's cover.
If I were their mom, I would be having a medical check for both girls asap. Maybe he wasn't as "rough" with his girls but no way this is his first. His quick explanation about the "diaper rash" just like his daughters makes me think he's gotten away with that explanation before. I hate this man.

Oh, no no no. Steven Cugini, 28, claimed the bruises to baby’s bottom was caused by diaper rash - citing similar injuries to his own daughter. He has young twin girls. This absolute POC - baby has a broken tibia & fibula. <modsnip> Please, lock him up and throw away the key.
I see you pinged on the same thing I did. There's something to that.

Oh no... Please do not tell me he did this to his daughters too. This man gets sicker and sicker as this story progresses.

I see you pinged on the same thing I did. There's something to that.
As soon as I read that comment my heart dropped. He’s gotten away with this before. I hope she has made an appointment to have her girls checked. Hopefully he never has access to them again.

That poor little girl, makes me rage. How anyone can do that. And her mother needs a swift kick for letting him bathe her or change her diapers. Then trying to blame the injuries on a fall or the family dog.

I'm just ill. And angry. "mom" goes to jail and no more kids for her - ever. I'll get kicked off if I say what should happen to him.
So far there are no charges for the woman who birthed her. I hope that changes. At the very least neglect. Poor tot had both bones in her lower leg broken, not to mention bruises everywhere. I hope she has a wonderful daddy who will give her everything she is going to need to recover.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Intothemountains
Back