Profiles of a Sociopath - Raven

You are right Raven is a textbook sociopath. I believe 100% that Raven killed Janet and their unborn child.

Raven will never confess. If it came to a confession and sparing his life, I doubt he would confess. He's a sociopath and cares more about what other's think of him. Lying and Denying are part of his nature and after four years we know this has no conscience.

I believe there is plenty of evidence to build a compelling case beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law. Perhaps the issue is with the case not being compelling to the State. All cases are up the discretion of the DA's office. Nifong was sworn into office the day after Janet was murder. If Nifong wasn't golfing, fund raising and campaigning on the clock, and put any sort of work on this case perhaps we wouldn't be sitting here 4 years later.

Politics, backlogs and campaigning

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/4975014/

Durham, N.C. — More than 19,000 warrants in Durham County will go unserved after the District Attorney's Office threw them out.
Authorities said some were too old and others weren't worth pursuing because the crimes were minor.

Durham had a backlog of more than 60,000 unserved warrants dating to 1977, and city and county officials have created a central office and computer system to help serving warrants.

Money and the political issues in Durham are what caused this case to stall. The State of North Carolina needs to get their act together and designate more funding to get these guys off the street.

Speaking of State of NC, if the Medical Examiner showed up at the scene of the crime and there was more $$ designated to funding that office perhaps this case would have been resolved by now. Same ME on Janet's case was the one that handled Michelle Young's case.

15 minutes to kill? It is my firm belief that Janet was murdered BEFORE Raven went to soccer. That's what happens when you peform an autopsy nearly 48 hours AFTER a murder!

I agree if the District Attorney's office took it would be considered a CE case, it would also be considered a High Profile Case. I do believe that this case has not been compelling to the State nor to the DA's office because it's not a slam dunk, these cases are never slam dunks, and they know that, so maybe it's just not compelling enough?

This case will cost a lot of money once the POI is arrested. Right now, the DA's office is busy trying to fix their reputation that was completely wacked during Nifong's reign. Tracy Cline herself still has to deal with the criticizm that taints the office because she worked closely with Nifong. Durham DA's office is still dealing with the Nifong fall-out.

Oh yeah, in about two years there will be another election for DA. With election coming in less than two years for District Attorney again, either a high profile case is going to be exactly what Tracy Cline needs, or something she would refuse to take on.

Homicides by a significant other are the hardest cases to try because it's not what is found at the scene but what is NOT found at the scene. I also think these cases are on the rise and have a domino effect on other cases, and if you actually look at statistics, how many are UNSOLVED for the same reasons? These are CE cases and it's what is not at the scene of the crime vs. what is found at the scene of the crime! You just need someone qualified and with heart enough to handle these types of cases in the DA's office and funding!

I believe the murderer is running free because the POI is no longer in that state and the victim's family is not in the state. There was not enough National Media on the case also. It's just not compelling enough for anyone in the DA's office to take it or maybe nobody in Durham's DA is qualified to handle a case such as this. Maybe Durham feels it's not their problem anymore and are just sitting back waiting for this to kill again...and he will kill again!

I personally know plenty of ADA's that are qualified to take this to court and win this case, I would hope that there would be at least one or two in Durhams DA's office that can handle this case and I keep praying for someone that has the heart, smarts and courage to take on this case and the Will to Win!

IMO Durham funding and politics are the #1 reason this case has not come to a resolution, not the evidence nor lack of evidence on this case.

I admire your passion for this murder victim, terminatrixator.
Personally, I have taken a very strong interest in seeing that a wife killer is brought to justice....Jason Young....thankfully, he will be.

Tell me, other than a sociopathic personality, affairs and deceit, what evidence does the DA actually have that Raven is the killer ? What is the most compelling piece of evidence the DA will use at trial ?

Not sure what LE has or even if anyone in the DA's office has been appointed this case. :eek:

Besides Kammie Michael's and Shelon Perkins' interview in 2007 where they said Raven was not "eliminated" as a suspect, NC Wanted is the only place I saw mentioned that Raven was a person of interest in this case. Law Enforcement has been extremely tight lipped. Since I'm not an agent of the court I'm not privvy to the information they have on him.

I know the information that is located here on WS has enough dots that you got yourself a grizzly puzzle with only a couple of thing missing; a witness, knife and laptop. It's not a question of what was found at the scene of the crime but what wasn't found.

I believe I have had enough information tossed my way through the wonders of the internet, which have not been posted on the boards, that makes the puzzle damning enough for first degree. :)

Janet and Raven did not have a lot of money, neither are from Durham nor North Carolina. They both had a few friends, coworkers and acquaintances in the area but no family. Not sure what pressure there is on the LE or DA for a resolution when the husband does not cooperate with LE, he doesn't live in the same state and basically it's another States problem now.

I know Dolly Hearn's family waited for almost 14 years for Justice and it took Barton Corbin killing his wife for Dolly Hearn to get Justice. It would be pretty sad if it came to that for Janet and her unborn child to get Justice. If that's the case, I think the politicians in Durham and North Carolina would have to share some culpability, but that's just my opinion.

Since you followed Michelle Young's so closely, did you feel it odd that Jason cited this case in an email to his sister? Have you noticed the domino effect when it comes to cases like these and how it takes much longer to get these "sociopaths" in jail because they have planning and premeditation on their side?

I'd like to know how did Jason hear about this case, was it after the murder or did he know about it beforehand and think if Raven could get away with it though he had an indictment for embezzlement he would also be able to get away murder?

Michelle Young's murder was brutal and so very sad, and I'm glad that there was a lot more publicity on her case, since it does put pressure on on the politicians to get things done. Since it followed Janet's murder I try to keep up with the case the best I can, but I am not extremely knowledgeable about what evidence there is on the case. I listened to the 911 call and to me it sounded like Cassidy said something about "Daddy."

I believe Jason is the murderer and Raven and Jason are quite a bit alike, I think they both need to be locked away forever and my heart breaks for the loss of two beautiful women, the unborn children taken away, the two children left behind and both families that have to deal with the losses.

I will continue to pray for Justice for Janet, Michelle, their family & friends.

I am disgusted that this narcissistic sociopath is still on the streets.

I just wanted to say an out loud prayer to god to please let this be his last year as a free man.

Knowing he gets to celebrate his birthday not in jail and continue ruining other people's lives seems quite unfair. This is his 5th Birthday free.

Janet had to spend her 30th in heaven away from her friends & family and her son.

Let's hope your 31's is spent here

:behindbar

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms