Question about Unwatching a thread

Howl

Reaction score
I've looked everywhere and was unable to find the answer to these questions.

Love the "Watched Thread" option.
Is there any way to "Unwatch" multiple threads at one time, rather than opening each thread and clicking the "Unwatch" button at the top right of the thread?

Also, there's a very small box that can be checked that is to the right of page numbers for the thread. What is that for?

You click watch and unwatch at the top of each pages first post on the right side.In you profile you can manage multiple threads.

Y
You click watch and unwatch at the top of each pages first post on the right side.
Yes, but is there any way to Unwatch multiple threads at one time?

I was trying to clean up the "Watched" threads and have to open each thread, Unwatch, go back to all the threads and refind the ones I want to Unwatch. Hoping there's an easier way to Unwatch.

Also, what's the purpose of the little box to the right of the page count?

Y

Yes, but is there any way to Unwatch multiple threads at one time?

I was trying to clean up the "Watched" threads and have to open each thread, Unwatch, go back to all the threads and refind the ones I want to Unwatch. Hoping there's an easier way to Unwatch.

Also, what's the purpose of the little box to the right of the page count?
I think that option is in manage threads in your profile.

I think that option is in manage threads in your profile.
The bookmark looking thing ? That is the left . so I dunno dont see that. Or dont understand what you mean.
Also when you post on a thread you auto watch it but when it flips to the next thread the watch does not convey.
(I have fallen behind this way ,cuz I aint know that for a minute)

Go to Forums>Watched Threads (from top Nav bar). There you'll see a teeny tiny box to the left of Views (under Replies).

1682358847755.png

Click as many as you want to stop watching. Then at the very bottom of the page you'll see how you can manage all the threads you've checked by clicking on the up/down arrow just to the left of Go..

1682358918878.png

Select Stop watching, then Go. Voila!

I've looked everywhere and was unable to find the answer to these questions.

Love the "Watched Thread" option.
Is there any way to "Unwatch" multiple threads at one time, rather than opening each thread and clicking the "Unwatch" button at the top right of the thread?

Also, there's a very small box that can be checked that is to the right of page numbers for the thread. What is that for?
That very small box is how you can unwatch several threads at the same time. See my post above this one. :)

It's come to my attention that a thread I've both posted on and physically enabled the "watch thread" function does not show in my list of watched threads nor do I receive notifications of new posts in this thread.

I tried various options to fix the problem including un-watching the thread before logging off and the next time I login to WS, reselecting the "watch thread" to no avail.

It just dawned on me that the thread was started by a poster that I've long had on "ignore" and I think this might be why the watch function does not work for this thread in question!

Can anybody confirm if this and if true, and if so, is there a work around to solve this issue or a way to "unignore" for that thread only as I really don't want to a universal unignore here.

Big thanks for any help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthernVintageMama
Back