Raven to be extradited back to Durham

Yeah, well it seems he's being treated well.

He was allowed to change his shirt into a regular shirt, so somehow someone had to give him a new shirt for his new mug shot :waitasec:

Yeah, well it seems he's being treated well.

He was allowed to change his shirt into a regular shirt, so somehow someone had to give him a new shirt for his new mug shot :waitasec:

Hmmm.
The 'green van' w/ NC plates is what brought him to the Durham County Jail.
This photo was taken when????
Apparently , it was upon arrival at the DPD.
For some odd reason, they allowed him to change shirts before he arrived at the jail.

7299940_448x252.jpg

http://www.bing.com/maps/explore/#/8dl60l8454pvhx07

Who the hell is he eyeballing like that in that pic? Kind of an evil look he is shooting someone. OMG I am so glad this is finally happening. He has gotten away with this for much too long.
Does anyone know if there were folks there to see the perp walk?

He looked to me like a hunted dog. Probably trying to figure out a way to run but obviously it is difficult to do that when you are handcuffed and surrounded by big men with guns.

Very powerful statements in this video & in this article.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7123709/

"I want to look into his soul and ask him, 'Why?'" said Tim Dowd, a spokesman for Janet Abaroa's family.

"Don't lose sight of Janet. That is what this is about," Dowd said. "It's about justice. It's not about a win or a loss. It's not about a headline. It's about getting justice for Janet and her unborn child."

"It kind of burns in your soul," he said of Janet Abaroa's murder. "Young, pregnant women at home with their kid next to them aren't supposed to be murdered brutally like this."

This is why many of of us have been haunted by this case for so many years now.

It's about doing what is right and NOT forgetting who the real victims are, Janet, her unborn child, Kaiden and those that have had to live the pain of Janet's murder day in and day out, wondering why?

...i just today read here that raven has FINALLY been arrested. i honestly wasn't sure what i was reading! i couldn't believe it.

..to see him in the orange striped jail suit was something we had always hoped for-----the actual picture------and "the rave" in handcuffs! a sight to behold!

..reading through the posts-------"term"-----you always hung in there.....i feel badly that i drifted away from the case......

..i'm so incredibly happy for janet's family right now. 'happy' is of course not the right word------but they will finally get justice, although it won't bring their daughter and grandchild back..

..thank you SO very much to all you that kept janet's story alive all of these years-----and in doing so helped to put raven behind bars.( 5 years ago last month...good grief.)

..off to read all about it...lj.

..i STILL can't believe he's been arrested......and indicted.....zero bond.....!!

..( where is kaiden? after 5 years "on the fly" with his useless father-----i hope he can be slowly introduced, and comes to live with, janet's family.)

Hi Laurie, you contributed a whole lot to the case, so I'm glad that you were able to catch up.

Right now Raven is being held on $5 mill bond. Somehow Raven was lucky enough to receive an excellent, by all accounts attorney, who is representing him as a public defender, however he's more than a PD, so his representation will be wonderful.

From what I know his family is sticking behind him, which they should do. However the denial aspect of it, is beyond me. You can love someone and still understand and be one with the facts and deep down they have to all know what really happened to Janet. I believe they know what Raven did, but are hiding behind their own denial out of self-preservation.

From what I know Karyn has Kaiden and is doing everything within her power to keep him from anyone in Janet's family. She's got her claws in him as tight as possible. She needs to win at all costs, it's in her nature.

Sad but true, I really truly believe Karyn is the reason Raven turned out the way he did, and I really am afraid for Kaiden.

I heard the Christiansens are seeking custody of Kaiden, but I imagine nobody wants to cross Karyn, and Karyn wants to win. I am sure Karyn's #1 priority is Kaiden now period.

I really think Kaiden would be better off with the Christiansens, where he would be given the opportunity to know his father and his father's family in a positive way other than the negative & unstable nature and force that Karyn seems to bring. Janet's family & extended family members will never get the chance to watch Kaiden grow into a stable adult with her calling the shots.

I registered just so I could post this.

Go to the Durham Co Sheriff's Dept website for current inmates:

http://www.co.durham.nc.us/departments/shrf/IPS/current.cfm

You will see Raven Abaroa's name at the very top. Click on his name and it will take you to information about him. Click on "Show Photo" and look at what comes up! Its been like that for quite awhile, too....(I'm from Durham).

There is nothing funny about this case, but I crack up every time I see that picture. Someone has made quite a mistake there.

Also, what is that "Assault on Sports Official" about?

I registered just so I could post this.

Go to the Durham Co Sheriff's Dept website for current inmates:

http://www.co.durham.nc.us/departments/shrf/IPS/current.cfm

You will see Raven Abaroa's name at the very top. Click on his name and it will take you to information about him. Click on "Show Photo" and look at what comes up! Its been like that for quite awhile, too....(I'm from Durham).

There is nothing funny about this case, but I crack up every time I see that picture. Someone has made quite a mistake there.

Also, what is that "Assault on Sports Official" about?

Oh, my!!!!! ROTFL!!!!!

This is actually quite disturbing to me.

This will be Raven's first birthday in Jail.

This will be Raven's first birthday in Jail.

Do you know if he has any visitors regularly? I hope Janet's precious son is doing well. Please tell me he is not visiting his father in jail on his birthday....

I did check on visitation and you have to be on a list.

I don't know if anyone in his family has visited him, I doubt Karen would have spent money flying herself and Kaiden out there though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbrady
Back