Found Deceased SC - A'sha Rucker, 17, Williamston, 18 Nov 2009

Okay....now something here is WRONG. Why? Well, the police in Williamston were rather quick to label LaVette's death a 'possible suicide' I assume based on the presence of prescribed medications perhaps? But let's face it....just because one has a medicine cabinet full of prescription meds, and even if say, a bottle is found on the floor...that doesn't constitute suicide without toxicology tests or without at least a preliminary autopsy. Yet LE jumped right up, right off, and labeled LaVette's death a possible/potential suicide? What's wrong with this picture? What they did was disrespectful, IMO, regardless of the fact that LaVette was a POI on A'sha's case. No charges had been filed against her and to do this exercized poor judgment on the part of LE. Now I find myself going back. LaVette's six year old daughter was taken away from her a month after A'sha's death according to the Anderson Independent Mail. And then the child was returned to her a month later. Apparently DSS found no just cause to keep her from her six year old. Hmmmmmm.

There have been a series of oddities in this case, beginning with the way LE reportedly handled A'sha's missing status from day one. What do you make of the investigative practices of a department who release to the media that A'sha's mother potentially died of an overdose, without a shred of evidence to support that? And obviously in the end, there was no proof of a suicide, because the poor woman died of congestive heart failure according to the coroner?!?!?!

WTF? :waitasec:
Is this like the report that A'sha had "no outward signs of trauma" to her body....and then later...that there were marks on her neck and signs of stragulation...but not enough to indicate that strangulation caused her death?

I don't know what to think now.

http://www.independentmail.com/news/2010/apr/22/shadow-doubt-truth-may-be-elusive-rucker-investiga/

snipped*

Police Chief Inman said justice might prove elusive.

“This has been, in my 18 years in law enforcement, one of the most difficult investigations I’ve ever endured,” Inman said Thursday night.

“LaVette became a suspect so early, and now that’s she’s passed there are questions that we don’t have answers to, and may never have answers to,” he said. “But investigators with the Greenville County Sheriff’s Office and SLED have told me that, based on the review of the investigation, no stone was left unturned.”

He paused, shifting his perspective from police chief to community member.

“A’sha deserved better. My heart goes out to the family.”

He said LaVette’s mother, Eunice Potts, “has lost a daughter and granddaughter, and Falon has lost a sister and a mother. Nothing positive came out of this case at all.”

Inman said the department he leads has also been affected.

“Today, reading some of the comments people have made on news Web sites have been disturbing and discouraging,” he said.

“We all, all of us, our hearts are broken as well. The minute her (A’sha’s) body was found, we felt the impact. We will always scratch our heads, wondering if anything else could have been done.”

He said that, in a week or two when the various jurisdictions involved in the investigation have compared notes and evaluated the case, some of the facts would be made public.
“We know the suspect was LaVette,” he said. “We have no other predator out there. We feel it is conclusive

But the doubt remains. The questions will linger.

Okay Inman...if you're so sure, wtf are you waiting for? Why would everyone need to compare notes and evaluate facts NOW before releasing this information to the public...like you keep saying OVER and OVER again? Didn't you people do all that comparing of notes to reach this conclusion of yours, hmmmmm? SPIT IT OUT ALREADY.

:furious:

Sorry guys but he is really starting to annoy me.

What a strange, strange story...
I did think it was odd, though, that the mother was the one who found her daughter's things on side of road...that seemed a little coincidental to me...hardly ever hear of anything like that. How would they have any idea where to search?
Maybe LE has more evidence that Mom was the guilty party and if so I hope they have revealed it to the community instead of just closing the case so as to have one less to solve...

What a strange, strange story...
I did think it was odd, though, that the mother was the one who found her daughter's things on side of road...that seemed a little coincidental to me...hardly ever hear of anything like that. How would they have any idea where to search?
Maybe LE has more evidence that Mom was the guilty party and if so I hope they have revealed it to the community instead of just closing the case so as to have one less to solve...

The Williamston Police Department hasn't released anything to the community clu...we're still waiting just like all of you are. So our kids, grandkids and our neighbors kids continue to walk these streets and attend these schools...and we never know when or if there's a possibility that the same who killed poor A'sha will cut short the life of some other precious gift fron God.

so, i dont know how to make a poll so i will just ask :crazy:

a) the mother did it

b) the mother didnt do it, but knew the "who-what-why" info and wouldnt reveal it...

c) the mother had no idea what happened

d) the cops think the mother did it but dont have enough to prove it

e) the cops dont have a clue and since the mother has conveniently died, it seems to be the fastest way (blame the dead person) to end all the bad P.R. surrounding this case...

f) any combination of the above...

and who are the agencies to be comparing the alleged "notes"? (investigating this case) i think that should have been done ages ago...not as a result of the mother(now the main suspect) dying. but what do i know...:waitasec:

eta...i realize that this post may sound just a bit paranoid...generally i am very pro LE - but i must admit that this case has been so strange that it doesnt seem realistic that it can now all of a sudden be solved so simplistically because the mother has died... kwim? sounds like a lot of conjecture moo.

WOW :eek:
So, it wasn't a drug overdose.

The timing was so odd to die of natural causes. I just knew it must have been overdose.

stress of the cod and being a poi probably put her congestive heart failure into overdrive.

http://www.independentmail.com/news/2010/apr/22/shadow-doubt-truth-may-be-elusive-rucker-investiga/

snipped*

Police Chief Inman said justice might prove elusive.

“This has been, in my 18 years in law enforcement, one of the most difficult investigations I’ve ever endured,” Inman said Thursday night.

“LaVette became a suspect so early, and now that’s she’s passed there are questions that we don’t have answers to, and may never have answers to,” he said. “But investigators with the Greenville County Sheriff’s Office and SLED have told me that, based on the review of the investigation, no stone was left unturned.”

He paused, shifting his perspective from police chief to community member.

“A’sha deserved better. My heart goes out to the family.”

He said LaVette’s mother, Eunice Potts, “has lost a daughter and granddaughter, and Falon has lost a sister and a mother. Nothing positive came out of this case at all.”

Inman said the department he leads has also been affected.

“Today, reading some of the comments people have made on news Web sites have been disturbing and discouraging,” he said.

“We all, all of us, our hearts are broken as well. The minute her (A’sha’s) body was found, we felt the impact. We will always scratch our heads, wondering if anything else could have been done.”

He said that, in a week or two when the various jurisdictions involved in the investigation have compared notes and evaluated the case, some of the facts would be made public.
“We know the suspect was LaVette,” he said. “We have no other predator out there. We feel it is conclusive

But the doubt remains. The questions will linger.

Okay Inman...if you're so sure, wtf are you waiting for? Why would everyone need to compare notes and evaluate facts NOW before releasing this information to the public...like you keep saying OVER and OVER again? Didn't you people do all that comparing of notes to reach this conclusion of yours, hmmmmm? SPIT IT OUT ALREADY.

:furious:

Sorry guys but he is really starting to annoy me.

Ok, this is confusing. From Texas Mist's post above:

“Under Miranda laws, law enforcement must tell someone when they are officially considered a suspect,” Inman said. “It does not mean they are placed under arrest. It would be unfair to LaVette to suggest we were going to arrest and charge her.”

????

a) the mother did it

b) the mother didnt do it, but knew the "who-what-why" info and wouldnt reveal it...

e) the cops dont have a clue and since the mother has conveniently died, it seems to be the fastest way (blame the dead person) to end all the bad P.R. surrounding this case...

and who are the agencies to be comparing the alleged "notes"? (investigating this case) i think that should have been done ages ago...not as a result of the mother(now the main suspect) dying. but what do i know...:waitasec:

eta...i realize that this post may sound just a bit paranoid...generally i am very pro LE - but i must admit that this case has been so strange that it doesnt seem realistic that it can now all of a sudden be solved so simplistically because the mother has died... kwim? sounds like a lot of conjecture moo.

My vote, FWIW

a) the mother did it

my vote.

RE: the poll...

I agree 185,000% with JLM and Calliope

Dig into the background of the goings on around here where LE and other elected official are concerned and you'll see exactly what the problem is. It would SCARE you.

Once again new information. Mother killed daughter, evidence says yes.
http://www.wyff4.com/news/23614747/detail.html

Snipped from the article...
Rucker’s Attorney, Sarah Drawdy, maintains her client’s innocence.

"None of that so-called evidence [police] shared with you is anything that's been cross-examined by independent analysts. They wanted to make this case and look for anything that would fit a theory they'd come up with,” said Drawdy.

"LaVette Rucker is innocent. Always will be innocent. [Police] have not produced any evidence, no forensics, no testimonial evidence, there's no physical evidence. There is nothing," she said.

I'm sorry however, until this evidence is examined by another source outside of LE, I just can't believe it. If they had all of this evidence before, they could have arrested her... but they didn't. And now after the woman is dead, it all of a sudden matches up?? Asha's been dead for a little over 6 months, there's no way that all of that evidence is just coming back. I'm sorry, I just won't believe it. And now that LaVette has passed away, there won't be any kind of trial or independent examination of the evidence.

Snipped from the article...

I'm sorry however, until this evidence is examined by another source outside of LE, I just can't believe it. If they had all of this evidence before, they could have arrested her... but they didn't. And now after the woman is dead, it all of a sudden matches up?? Asha's been dead for a little over 6 months, there's no way that all of that evidence is just coming back. I'm sorry, I just won't believe it. And now that LaVette has passed away, there won't be any kind of trial or independent examination of the evidence.

IT kind of depends on where the evidence was sent. I know that here in Columbia, RCSD has a small lab in thier department that they use for certain evidence, but a majority of LE still sends evidence to SLED (State Law Enforcement Division) for processing, and it does take several months to get results back from them. That could account for the lag time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko
Back