SC SC - Barbara Ann Sellars, 29, Spartanburg, March 16, 1987

Murkywaters

Reaction score
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Left Spartanburg to go to a motorcycle swap meet, possibly in West Palm Beach, Florida. Possibly left with a white female.

Demographics
Missing Age: 29 Years
Current Age: 63 Years
First Name: Barbara
Middle Name: Ann
Last Name: Sellars
Nickname/Alias--
Sex: Female
Height: 5' 5" (65 Inches)
Weight: 115 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact: March 16, 1987
NamUs Case Created: April 26, 2019
Last Known Location Map
County: Spartanburg County
Missing From Tribal Land: No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Disappearance: Left Spartanburg to go to a motorcycle swap meet, possibly in West Palm Beach, Florida. Possibly left with a white female.

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
Left Eye Color: Brown
Right Eye Color: Brown

Distinctive Physical Features
Tattoo: Tattoo of cross on right cheek.

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

Investigating Agencies
Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office
(864) 384-0499
Agency Case Number: 0308-028-87
MEGAN BENNETT, INVESTIGATOR

What do you think of this UID as a possible match?

Barbara went missing from Spartanburg SC in March 1987 - the UID Found in Palm Beach Florida December 1987
Barbara was listed as being 5'5 - the UID was estimated as being 5'6
Barbara was 29 when she went missing - the UID is estimated to be between the ages 21-35

Barbara left Spartanburg to go to a motorcycle swap meet, possibly in West Palm Beach, Florida. Possibly left with a white female.

Original
Original

Barbara went missing from Spartanburg SC in March 1987 - the UID Found in Palm Beach Florida December 1987
Barbara was 29 when she went missing - the UID is estimated to be between the ages 21-35

Barbara left Spartanburg to go to a motorcycle swap meet, possibly in West Palm Beach, Florida. Possibly left with a white female.

Original
Original

Looks like a good match to me, Barbara was only added to NamUs recently so she probably hasn't been compared to a lot of unidentified remains yet.

Original
Original

Good Match Def Submit

Thanks! I will submit tomorrow when I get back to work. It’s so much easier to do this stuff on a desktop then just from my phone .

Original
Original

So I resubmitted this possible match (2 weeks ago) to the Medical Examiner's office listed on the Palm Beach Jane Doe's NamUs profile (since I never heard back from Barbara's contact.

He read my email but didn't respond. However, the Palm Beach NamUs profile has been modified yesterday 11/29 and Barbara's profile was modified on 11/24. So far they aren't ruled out against each other - hopefully they are actually checking it out and that they didn't blow me off.

So I resubmitted this possible match (2 weeks ago) to the Medical Examiner's office listed on the Palm Beach Jane Doe's NamUs profile (since I never heard back from Barbara's contact.

He read my email but didn't respond. However, the Palm Beach NamUs profile has been modified yesterday 11/29 and Barbara's profile was modified on 11/24. So far they aren't ruled out against each other - hopefully they are actually checking it out and that they didn't blow me off.
UP1213 has been ruled out as a possibility for Barbara.

1677766099635.jpeg

Original

Left Spartanburg to go to a motorcycle swap meet, possibly in West Palm Beach, Florida. Possibly left with a white female.
I am currently looking into undidentified NamUs #6629, Winchester Jane Doe from Virginia and I found Barbara Sellers. She closely resembles the model of what Winchester Jane Doe may look like and she has not been ruled out as an exclusion. Winchester Jane Doe's body was found Feb 1991, but you don't know if she was kidnapped and kept somewhere for a period of time.
1711306889821.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SweetCandy
Back