SC: Bowen Turner Evades Multiple Rape Charges.....

Oakie

Reaction score
As has often happened lately, it takes Fits News to bring these things to our attention.

https://player.fm/series/murdaugh-m...owen-turner-the-two-systems-of-justice-s01e40

Fits News Article:
https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/04/08/yet-another-flagrant-miscarriage-of-justice-in-south-carolina/

Excerpt from the article:

"...Accused of raping three women in three different counties in a span of a little over a year in 2018-2019, this 19-year-old “fortunate son” is about to receive one of those sweetheart plea deals you read about so often on our pages – the sort of deal that turns violent and dangerous people loose on our streets with absolutely no consequences for their actions.

During a court hearing in Orangeburg County, S.C. this morning (April 8, 2022), Turner is expected to plead guilty before S.C. circuit court judge Markley Dennis to one count of assault in connection with his June 2019 arrest on the charge of criminal sexual conduct in the first degree.

Set to appear alongside him? Powerful state senator Brad Hutto, who gained infamy in this case a few years back when he *advertiser censored*-shamed one of the alleged victims.

Turner was arrested on his third criminal sexual conduct charge just forty-one days after S.C. circuit court judge Thomas Hughston revoked his GPS monitoring in connection with another charge of criminal sexual conduct in the first degree – this one involving a case in Bamberg County, S.C.

A third case involving Turner from April 2018 – an alleged sexual assault in Calhoun County – is no longer pending.

Turner is expected to receive probation on the Orangeburg County charge – and may not even be required to register as a sex offender. Meanwhile, the Bamberg County charge is expected to be dismissed because the alleged victim – 18-year-old Dallas Stoller – died last November...."

Edited to add: Warning, the podcast linked above will make you angry. I found it difficult to listen to.

Last edited:
As has often happened lately, it takes Fits News to bring these things to our attention.

https://player.fm/series/murdaugh-m...owen-turner-the-two-systems-of-justice-s01e40

Fits News Article:
https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/04/08/yet-another-flagrant-miscarriage-of-justice-in-south-carolina/

Excerpt from the article:

"...Accused of raping three women in three different counties in a span of a little over a year in 2018-2019, this 19-year-old “fortunate son” is about to receive one of those sweetheart plea deals you read about so often on our pages – the sort of deal that turns violent and dangerous people loose on our streets with absolutely no consequences for their actions.

During a court hearing in Orangeburg County, S.C. this morning (April 8, 2022), Turner is expected to plead guilty before S.C. circuit court judge Markley Dennis to one count of assault in connection with his June 2019 arrest on the charge of criminal sexual conduct in the first degree.

Set to appear alongside him? Powerful state senator Brad Hutto, who gained infamy in this case a few years back when he *advertiser censored*-shamed one of the alleged victims.

Turner was arrested on his third criminal sexual conduct charge just forty-one days after S.C. circuit court judge Thomas Hughston revoked his GPS monitoring in connection with another charge of criminal sexual conduct in the first degree – this one involving a case in Bamberg County, S.C.

A third case involving Turner from April 2018 – an alleged sexual assault in Calhoun County – is no longer pending.

Turner is expected to receive probation on the Orangeburg County charge – and may not even be required to register as a sex offender. Meanwhile, the Bamberg County charge is expected to be dismissed because the alleged victim – 18-year-old Dallas Stoller – died last November...."

Edited to add: Warning, the podcast linked above will make you angry. I found it difficult to listen to.

Hi, Oakie. Thank you for sharing this situation. I wasn't familiar with any of the cases.

OOC, is that a transcript from part of the podcast? It read that way to me. TIA

My goodness, what is up with these ridiculously brief or non-existent SA sentences lately? What's more alarming, is that with regularity they are now handed out not just to the traditionally connected, but to the non-connected, and everyone in between. MOO No one deserves a light sentence for SA. The accused deserves a vigorous defense, that is all. AMOO

Hi, Oakie. Thank you for sharing this situation. I wasn't familiar with any of the cases.

OOC, is that a transcript from part of the podcast? It read that way to me. TIA

The text is an excerpt from the article at Fits News.

In case you can't access the Fits News article:

Nancy Grace did an episode about him on her podcast. I can't remember the details, other than I do recall that he is still in jail, and that he had been for several months. The judge revoked bail, and iirc he'll spend roughly 11-12 months in before he's eligible for parole. But please double check me on that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back