SC SC - Kimberly, 2, Sarah Boyd, 32, & Linda McCord, 31, Orangeburg, 3 Apr 1987

Is this telling in a strange way
The Williams for McCord

upload_2020-12-30_17-9-4.jpeg

I don't know anything about cars. How likely is it that a freeze plug comes out of it's own accord?

It route 15 rural? Have tried googling it but it only coming up with pictures of the towns along it.

How Do I Fix a Leaking Freeze Plug? | BlueDevil Products.

"In some cases, as the water freezes and expands in your block, the freeze plugs will push out relieving the pressure of the freezing water and partially draining your cooling system...However, freeze plugs can also start to leak over time simply due to the heating and cooling cycles of driving your car."

I know nothing about cars, so I Googled this because I, too, was curious. If this was the case, it sounds like their car broke down and they met a horrible person who took advantage of them. However, there was also mention of the marijuana fields in the area.

There was a huge drug raid in Orangeburg June 1987. Dozens arrested, many for cocaine. I have to wonder if they tried asking for help from the wrong people.
*lucky I re read before posting, I had doves arrested :rolleyes:

There was a huge drug raid in Orangeburg June 1987. Dozens arrested, many for cocaine. I have to wonder if they tried asking for help from the wrong people.
*lucky I re read before posting, I had doves arrested :rolleyes:
Well, those doves aren't always as innocent as they seem! :p

The opening post states, "The vehicle in which the Boyds and McCord were traveling was located disabled and abandoned in Dorchester County near the intersection of Highway 15 and 176 on April 5.". That latter road should be 178, not 176.

A few miles north of that area is a huge swamp called Four Holes Swamp. It's full of alligators (I used to hunt along that swamp on the Orangeburg County side....). If someone wanted to get rid of a body, or three of them, he could just throw them in that swamp, and the alligators would make them disappear quickly.

Could Linda McCord be unidentified person NamUs #UP9604? Reconstruction similar, as well as description in attached image.

Is it possible that the KKK or a group affiliated with the KKK might've been responsible for the women's disappearance?
Snipped.

In the Deep South, that's always a possibility.

Could Linda McCord be unidentified person NamUs #UP9604? Reconstruction similar, as well as description in attached image.

Can you link to the correct NAMUS page? Not cooperating with me right now.

Still interested in the NAMUS person you mention -- but it doesn't load for me!

jmho ymmv lrr

This report from 2 days ago certainly paints Lindas husband John in a different light. Doesn't seem as mysterious now.

Bring Them Home: The decades-long search for the 'missing three'

Basically, Lindas family claimed various instances of domestic violence used by John against her. Lindas mother claimed John and his nephew shoed up late the night they went missing, and he was dirty and sweaty. John also had a very close friend that was a police officer who was thought to have helped John wiggle out of legal issues before. He and John "found the car" before anyone else and moved it to a body shop were it was then handled by even more people destroying the crime scene. The police officer claimed he didn't know he had screwed up the evidence, he was just helping a friend.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back