SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but this particular list does sound more like a list of material things she was expected to be grateful for as opposed to "things she loved."

For example, "Sam's pride and joy was his 1960 Corvette that he restored by hand and drove through town every Saturday," vs. "nice car." (Nice = expensive.)

"Taylor loved her home and guests frequently remarked on her talent for interior decorating," vs. "house, etc."

See the difference?

I've seen it worded both ways in various obituaries.

It doesn't mean anything other than she loved doing this or that.

Yes, I agree completely. Thought it was very odd the way material possessions were listed. If my husband were to write my obit, I could see him saying, "She loved cats, cooking, and road trips..." But just "nice car...house..." very weird. Also, seems like she had recently escaped that house she loved so much for some reason?

It certainly seems like a pointed jab for the writer to point out about one whose religion commands them to "lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth".
Considering she apparently had quite a strong faith, I don't think this is what was being referred to at all. To me, it appeared as if he (assuming her husband wrote it) was describing how much she simply enjoyed certain things. Not that she was materialistic, which is what that verse means.

ADMIN NOTE:

We sometimes make an exception to our regular TOS, and this is one of those occasions.

Even though LE has not named JM as a POI/suspect, a decision has been made to allow Websleuths members to discuss JM as a POI in this case and to sleuth him.

Sillybilly

A couple of various thoughts/questions that came to me this afternoon:

1. Since Mica is described in her obituary as being JP's everything (personal assistant, church leader, youth group and women's leadership, etc.), I wonder if she felt trapped and without any options if she were to leave him. Obviously she had filed for divorce and was planning to move on, but the practicality of it all would mean she would be without a job, without a home, and so on. Did she go to college? Did she have skills or the ability to get another job outside of JP's church?

2. Her obituary talks about her very close relationship with her dad, brothers, and sisters. What about her mom? Her mom is alive and well, she's been speaking to the press and has a FB page where she has been posting about Mica. Why wasn't mom even mentioned in the obituary?

3. Were Mica and her husband gun owners? Did they regularly carry guns or go shooting? Was Mica familiar with gun use, gun safety? I wonder if having guns around was normal for them or not.

4. I keep coming back to the fact that JP and Mica met when he was an adult and she was either 14 or 15. Was her family in support of their relationship? Perhaps this caused ongoing tension between Mica's family (maybe Mica's mom?) and JP.

ADMIN NOTE:

We sometimes make an exception to our regular TOS, and this is one of those occasions.

Even though LE has not named JM as a POI/suspect, a decision has been made to allow Websleuths members to discuss JM as a POI in this case and to sleuth him.

Sillybilly

Thank you. I expect the floodgates will open up! There is a lot to suggest that JP is a dangerous person.

1. Since Mica is described in her obituary as being JP's everything (personal assistant, church leader, youth group and women's leadership, etc.), I wonder if she felt trapped and without any options if she were to leave him. Obviously she had filed for divorce and was planning to move on, but the practicality of it all would mean she would be without a job, without a home, and so on. Did she go to college? Did she have skills or the ability to get another job outside of JP's church?

2. Her obituary talks about her very close relationship with her dad, brothers, and sisters. What about her mom? Her mom is alive and well, she's been speaking to the press and has a FB page where she has been posting about Mica. Why wasn't mom even mentioned in the obituary?

3. Were Mica and her husband gun owners? Did they regularly carry guns or go shooting? Was Mica familiar with gun use, gun safety? I wonder if having guns around was normal for them or not.

4. I keep coming back to the fact that JP and Mica met when he was an adult and she was either 14 or 15. Was her family in support of their relationship? Perhaps this caused ongoing tension between Mica's family (maybe Mica's mom?) and JP.

I found her LinkedIn page when she went by the name of Mica Francis (maiden name) and she worked at East Coast Honda in Myrtle Beach, NC

And she worked at a local J Peters restaurant. ( Don't know if that was during or after her ongoing divorce issue)

Last edited:
Memorials held to honor MB woman Mica Miller amid death investigation

Sunday, May 5th 2024

The Myrtle Beach-area community will honor a local woman who died last week with two separate memorials and a rally on Sunday. Mica Miller, 30, died at Lumber River State Park in the Orrum community of Robeson County, according to the Robeson County Sheriff's Office.
~snip~

On Sunday at 3 p.m., a memorial service will be held at Mica's former church,where her husband, John-Paul Miller, serves as the pastor.

The event's Facebook post said, "Mica blessed us in so many ways and we are saddened but know she has graduated to Heaven!" It also invites those who want to support Mica's memory to sponsor a child in Africa for schooling and food.

A group of her friends is also meeting at the church at 9 a.m. to hold a "Justice for Mica" rally to bring awareness to her struggles.

The official cause of death has not been released but Miller said her death was a suicide, and many of her friends are struggling to come to terms with that.

A beach memorial will be held in North Myrtle Beach at the same time as Solid Rock's memorial, 3 p.m.

~snip~
Video at link: Memorials held to honor MB woman Mica Miller amid death investigation

Attachments

• IMG_0868.jpeg
    IMG_0868.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0870.jpeg
    IMG_0870.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0871.jpeg
    IMG_0871.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 21
The account holder that uploaded that clip joined Vimeo this month, and that's the only video they have.
I'm not even sure it's allowed here since it's just some random social media account.
I’m confused because I thought she was translating what someone else was saying, nobody else thinks that? Not that she was saying she had put a gun to her head herself.

Yes, I agree completely. Thought it was very odd the way material possessions were listed. If my husband were to write my obit, I could see him saying, "She loved cats, cooking, and road trips..." But just "nice car...house..." very weird. Also, seems like she had recently escaped that house she loved so much for some reason?
Good to see you here, @Rocky Mountain Mama. This case has me thinking a lot of Katie Rafferty and how I wish we'd succeeded in getting this level of scrutiny on her death. Very glad folks are asking the hard questions about what happened to Mica!

What did the obituary fail to mention? That Miller sued her husband for divorce two weeks ago … papers he was reportedly served with just forty-eight hours before she died.

“I just wanna let you know that I’m alive and well,” Miller said in one video posted to her Facebook page in mid-March. “Life’s been kinda crazy a couple past weeks, months, years. I’ve kinda had to keep my circle really small for the past couple weeks just because I’m going through a lot and it’s hard – and it’s my cross to bear.”

In another video discussing her “situation,” Miller addressed being the “bride of Christ.”

“A bunch of people have been reminding me lately that I’m God’s bride first,” she said. “And even an earthly spouse – who’s a good spouse – when they know that their bride is being hurt, just imagine what an earthly spouse does. What do think your heavenly spouse does? When you’re the bride of Christ and he sees his bride going through abuse and hurt – what do you think he thinks about that?”

What did the obituary fail to mention? That Miller sued her husband for divorce two weeks ago … papers he was reportedly served with just forty-eight hours before she died.

“I just wanna let you know that I’m alive and well,” Miller said in one video posted to her Facebook page in mid-March. “Life’s been kinda crazy a couple past weeks, months, years. I’ve kinda had to keep my circle really small for the past couple weeks just because I’m going through a lot and it’s hard – and it’s my cross to bear.”

In another video discussing her “situation,” Miller addressed being the “bride of Christ.”

“A bunch of people have been reminding me lately that I’m God’s bride first,” she said. “And even an earthly spouse – who’s a good spouse – when they know that their bride is being hurt, just imagine what an earthly spouse does. What do think your heavenly spouse does? When you’re the bride of Christ and he sees his bride going through abuse and hurt – what do you think he thinks about that?”

Why would the obituary mention legal matters?

It’s the easiest thing in the world to get a gun if you want to commit suicide.
You go into Academy Sports and order one. They don’t have a database to show that you are depressed and on meds and shouldn’t be ordering one.
Then you go back to pick it up the next week after the background check is completed.
Sad but true.
IMHO
If she was involuntarily hospitalized (unknown), she is on a federal “do not sell” list.

I'm glad you brought that up about her Mom. I was wondering the same thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlop