SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Alcorn

Suicide or Homicide | Mica Miller Case

Thank you @osu - Cody is responding to posters in the comments on this post, please read all the comments he is making, they go on for quite a while.

We had seen comments about Mica's 911 call before her death, but sources were not linkable.
He has 1.7k comments on that post, whoa!!

Last edited:
I was wondering if there are security cameras/trail or motion censored cameras within the park and in the parking lot, etc. ?
It sounds like Mica was alone when she died but was anyone else there at the park that day ?
Omo

I would like to know if she interacted with anyone in the park and if anyone saw her with a gun

A lot of people are upset by what he released.

I highly doubt he would jeopardize his career by posting things that he wasn't 100 percent sure of.
I've followed him in many cases and trust his journalistic integrity. I put him in the same category as Lauren Scharf (Morphew case).

Author
Cody Alcorn
My sourcing is non-bias. It’s not an opinion, it’s based on what LEO found. Due to the limited number of people who know what happened on that Saturday, I can’t divulge much more. I agreed when told some of the specifics, it would be off record. I did this to be able to gauge my future posts. This post remains fair and factual. However, I will not make another post until the RCSO makes a public statement on the findings.

I just have a hard time believing that a man of God would be capable of doing anything to harm anybody, let alone his wife. I think this is just going to be a sad case of a mental health struggle.

It definitely happens in regards to a pastor killing his wife.

Look up A.B. Shirmer AKA The Sinister Minister.

There was a lot in the obit that sounded like it was current happenings but it wasn't accurate. They were separated, going through the court system and she was scared, living in fear and hiding. The obit painted a picture of another life, one that was snuffed out - in more ways than one. All JMO
I’d be interested to see what date the obituary was written. Hoping LE gets a chance to get his devices.

Behind the scenes, Mica’s family was actively taking steps to protect her estate as tensions were beginning to escalate. On May 3, 2024, an application was filed by attorney Jarrett Bouchette in Horry County probate court on behalf of Mica’s sister, Sierra Francis. That application sought to appoint Francis as a special administrator of Mica’s estate. Attached to this application were affidavits and exhibits showing why friends and family are actively seeking a full investigation into her death.

The appointment of special administrator was requested to:

• preserve Mica’s portion of the “marital estate”
  • to obtain confidential records from Waccamaw Mental Health, South Strand Medical Center/Grand Strand Regional Medical Center and Victim’s Advocacy
  • to gain access to and take possession of “any wills, deeds to cemetery plots, and insurance policies, or other Estate related documents in Decedent’s safe deposit box”
According to a memorandum in support of this request, the timing of Mica’s death was very suspicious.

As we previously reported, just prior to her death – on April 15, 2024 – Mica filed for divorce from her husband. As we reported, JP Miller was served these papers on April 25, 2024 — two days prior to her death. The hearing relating to this filing had been scheduled for June 5, 2024 in front of S.C. family court judge Jan Bromell Holmes. At that hearing, Miller’s attorneys hoped to obtain an order which would restrain John-Paul Miller from disposing of, encumbering, transferring, selling, hypothecating, pledging, destroying or otherwise altering the status or value of any marital asset.

Mica also told her sister that JP Miller had been moving assets around to avoid them being included in the marital estates. Specifically, she stated he transferred the deed to their house to the church – and transferred his interest in a local piano bar called Crocodile Rocks to his son.

According to the affidavit, Mica had been gathering evidence in preparation to file for divorce – evidence which would have supported her claims of “abuse, character, his paramours, and associates he ‘paid off’ or blackmailed when she was admitted to the Waccamaw Mental Health facility.”
She told Sierra many times, “if I end up with a bullet in my head, it was not by me, it was JP.”

Last edited:
I just have a hard time believing that a man of God would be capable of doing anything to harm anybody, let alone his wife. I think this is just going to be a sad case of a mental health struggle.
But how do you know he is truly a 'man of God'? There are many pastors who have done terrible things. There are many non-church goers/leaders/believers who are wonderful people. I don't think you can judge people based simply on their position in a random church.

ETA: That doesn't mean that this still might not end up being a sad case of a mental health struggle, but not for the reason you are saying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member