SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who felt the way the obituary described her interactions with her family was a red flag, good instincts!

From page 17 (affidavit of her brother):

Mr. Miller’s email to my sister continued to state that he was angry when Mica confided or “put
her family before” him and that made him want to hurt her. In his words “When someone hurts
me, I try to hurt them back rather than forgive.” and “instead of me forgiving you.... I just attack and try to cause pain.”

I thought the obituary was unhinged. I don’t know how anyone could read it and think it seems normal in any way. In my opinion, JP has been working to create a narrative and has been pretty successful with getting away with it for years. I hope that ends soon

Wow - from pages 14-15 (affidavit of her sister):

Prior to her admission to Waccamaw, Mica was gathering and sorting the evidence she had to
bring to an attorney for filing for divorce, to support her claims against Mr. Miller, and as to
his abuse, character, his paramours, and associates he “paid off’ or blackmailed. While at the
facility, those documents, emails, files, etc., were removed from her phone, personal laptop,
vehicle and purse and never recovered. Further, Mica was unable to access her iCloud account,
email, or Facebook profile. Mr. Miller continued using at least one of Mica’s accounts, causing
any recipient to believe it was Mica’s communications.

Diabolical.
BBM
Diabolical and dangerous. As of yet we have no proof the voice on the 911 call is her voice.

There are various kinds of churches. Many are what we call mainstream denominational churches. These types of churches have checks and balances in place and follow by-laws. Committees, consisting of faithful members, meet monthly and handle church business. They keep minutes of these meetings that are always available to anyone in the church. There are property committees, personnel committees, finance committees, etc. Large decisions are brought to a vote for the whole church body to decide. When ministers or ordained staff members are hired, the church members have the opportunity to vote. The senior pastor has a great deal of authority but he is held in check by committees. The committees have power too...but they are held in check by the pastor, staff, and church at large.

Then we have a church like Solid Rock. Apparently JP owns the "church." Many of these emerging churches are led and controlled by the pastor and staff, not committees. Very few things are presented to the church for a vote. There is little accountability for the finances. If the pastor dislikes a certain kind of music, he changes it. If he dislikes something about the campus, it's changed. He selects the people of his choosing to lead music, teach Bible studies, etc.
He's in control. As an example of this, we recently saw in the news a large, well-known, contemporary church in which the pastor called himself God during his message.

JMO but traveling from home to work seems like such a vulnerable time for someone who has left an abusive relationship. Even if someone is living in a safe place that their former partner doesn’t know of, if there is a time when they could be intercepted in a car it would seem like it would be in the coming/going from work. Easy to follow someone’s usual routine and trace them in transit. Not saying that’s what happened here, but it feels like could potentially be a vulnerable time when someone’s guard might be down and they might even pull over thinking they are safe and in a public place if former partner did suddenly appear.

I hope LE are reviewing CCTV, there must be loads along the way between Myrtle Beach and the state park that could answer some questions about when she diverted/was diverted from her planned route to work.
Myrtle Beach has surveillance cameras EVERYWHERE, so they should at the very least be able to track her movements in this area. We also have license plate readers at every entrance/exit point into the city. IOW, LE can run her license plate number and find out when and where her plate was last detected by a tag reader in Myrtle Beach. They can then pull up footage from the nearest camera at that specific date/time. And these cameras produce high quality images. I frequently listen to the local scanner, and there are many times when a call is dispatched and LE has obtained a visual of the suspect from a surveillance camera and tracked them down in less than an hour. The city of Myrtle Beach has spent a ton of money on surveillance cameras over the past five to ten years, and it’s really paid off.

I will not be surprised if Mica's death is ruled a suicide, and JPM may not face criminal charges, but I definitely can see him being financially destroyed in a wrongful death civil suit, because even if she put the gun to her head, there is a lot of reason to believe the gun was psychologically loaded and handed to her. JMO

I will not be surprised if Mica's death is ruled a suicide, and JPM may not face criminal charges, but I definitely can see him being financially destroyed in a wrongful death civil suit, because even if she put the gun to her head, there is a lot of reason to believe the gun was psychologically loaded and handed to her. JMO
AGREED!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised to find that he is eventually charged with other crimes too. On Grey Hughes, the link to which I shared earlier, Mica had told a friend that JP was mishandling church money.

Yeah. Exactly.

We can't dismiss the impact JP Miller had on Mica when she was in her mid-teen years. He is 14 years her senior and stated in the obit they had been friends since 2009, which would have made her 14 or 15 years old (I have read reports of both). So JP was a grown man of 28 or 29 years old when they became, "friends."

There is not a pastor I know who would call himself "friends" with a girl of 14 or 15. It seems to me this man groomed Mica. Imagine how this would impact his power in their marriage and would add another level to his control over her. Why would we be surprised that such a young woman would have mental health issues as she struggled in her relationship with this control freak...and not in secret...but out in the open, in front of hundreds of parishioners? That's an incredible amount of pressure.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/myrtlebeachonline/name/mica-miller-obituary?id=54989983

In his words “When someone hurts
me, I try to hurt them back rather than forgive.” and “instead of me forgiving you.... I just attack and try to cause pain

Wow. The opposite of following Christ.

JM wasn’t even a wolf in sheep’s clothing, but a wolf in wolf’s clothing.

Plain as day for all to see

Even if he wrote this in a private email, just from what I’ve learned here and in the MSM, he was OVERTLY living a very different lifestyle than what he was ostensibly supposed to be living.

And publicly preaching in a way that was diametrically opposed to what he professed to believe.

IMO

Just watched his "announcement" video and recant my previous doubt. This guy's guilty as sin.

It’s a rude awakening, isn’t it?

This guy did nothing to protect Mica’s name and reputation.

Their relationship started in trouble and ended in trouble.

She is dead and I suspect he will go on his merry way.

That is unless he did kill her and then I hope he rots in prison. Although I’m another one who thinks she likely did commit suicide, but had she never met JM her life would have gone in a much happier direction.

JMO

I just have a hard time believing that a man of God would be capable of doing anything to harm anybody, let alone his wife. I think this is just going to be a sad case of a mental health struggle.
BBM. I don't consider any emotionally abusive/battering spouse to be "of God" when they engage in acts of incredible cruelty.

Chris Coleman strangled his wife and two sons and tried to make it appear someone who hated his popular evangelical religious leader was the killer. LE discovered evidence Coleman was having an affair with one of his wife's best friends.

JMO

I thought the obituary was unhinged. I don’t know how anyone could read it and think it seems normal in any way. In my opinion, JP has been working to create a narrative and has been pretty successful with getting away with it for years. I hope that ends soon
I just read the obit and ya.. IMO unhinged is the perfect descriptor. It was strangely casual like a text message and the fawning/kissing up to her husband (..obviously written by her husband).

MOO There was more description about the husband and Jesus than poor Mica. Her portion was just a list of synonyms.

IMO Very odd writing style for someone who purportedly writes sermons every single week. You’d think they would be good at it ?

(All my own opinion)

We can't dismiss the impact JP Miller had on Mica when she was in her mid-teen years. He is 14 years her senior and stated in the obit they had been friends since 2009, which would have made her 14 or 15 years old (I have read reports of both). So JP was a grown man of 28 or 29 years old when they became, "friends."

There is not a pastor I know who would call himself "friends" with a girl of 14 or 15.
It seems to me this man groomed Mica. Imagine how this would impact his power in their marriage and would add another level to his control over her. Why would we be surprised that such a young woman would have mental health issues as she struggled in her relationship with this control freak...and not in secret...but out in the open, in front of hundreds of parishioners? That's an incredible amount of pressure.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/myrtlebeachonline/name/mica-miller-obituary?id=54989983
I totally agree, if the profession was "teacher" instead of "pastor", and he called himself "friends" with a girl of 14 or 15, especially one under his tutelage, how long do you suspect he would keep his job? I wouldn't think very long.

Last edited:
It’s a rude awakening, isn’t it?

This guy did nothing to protect Mica’s name and reputation.

Their relationship started in trouble and ended in trouble.

She is dead and I suspect he will go on his merry way.

That is unless he did kill her and then I hope he rots in prison. Although I’m another one who thinks she likely did commit suicide, but had she never met JM her life would have gone in a much happier direction.

JMO
An article posted up thread indicated that he was having her followed. If true, I think whomever he asked to follow her would be wise to make a plea deal. This case smacks of criminal conspiracy.

JMO

ADMIN NOTE:

It seems members are either forgetting The Rules or are ignoring them for some unknown reason.

While we have allowed discussion of the pastor as a POI, that does NOT include sleuthing and discussing his father or other family members.

What you read somewhere, heard, think you saw, etc is NOT a source. It is rumor and your post will be removed.

This discussion is no different than any other. Members who keep violating Websleuths TOS and causing Mods more work may find themselves banned from this discussion or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whocoulditbenow