SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miller’s body was found on April 27 at Lumber River State Park. An official cause of death has yet to be released. Sheriff Burnis Wilkins told News13 in an email on Monday that he expects a report to be available on Tuesday.

“We have Detectives in SC now and plan to have the findings of our full investigation as it relates to the death of Mica Miller available tomorrow
,” Wilkins said.

I don't think he's been fired, it's more of a leave of absence. JP owns that church, so he's not going anywhere permanently IMO.
Yeah, that wording did not indicate that JPM was fired at all, and as was stated, he owns the church and I am sure that the "overseer" and any board members were all hand-picked by JPM, and know who the real boss is. Rather than anyone telling him that he was relieved, it is far more likely, imo, that he, JPM, told them that he was going to take some time off. He even had told the congregation at the end of services the previous week, in that announcement of "his wife"s death. If he doesn't end up in jail, he will be back in the pulpit as soon as the heat from this blows over. May have to change the name of the church, but he'll be back. He has rebuilt that church after one scandal. He should be a pro at it by now. JMO

Last edited:
I’ve been searching for more info about this as well.

Fired? He should be, but I’m not so sure.

This wording sounds more like a Leave of Absence.

All MOO.
It's worse than that. When I was at the medical board we would receive notes like that as notice from supervising physicians placing doctors on Sabbatical leave.

As Miller was talking to the officer at the dealership, the report said she received a call from the suspect using a “No ID” number. “The suspect was advised that the victim does not want any further contact and if he proceeds then warrants may possibly be written up.”

“The victim advised me she was afraid for her life,” the officer wrote in the report. “She also advised she blocks his numbers and still gets calls and texts from him on other numbers.”

After the officer left, the report said a mechanic discovered the tracking device on Miller’s vehicle. She then headed to court “trying to get a restraining order.” Miller handed the GPS device over to police outside the courthouse.

“While I was standing out front of the magistrates office with the victim a white in color Honda Accord slow rolled down Scipio Lane in front of the magistrates office,” the officer wrote.

Miller said the suspect was driving her car. The vehicle “sped up and drove off,” the report ends.
Abuser’s never think laws apply to them.

It's worse than that. When I was at the medical board we would receive notes like that as notice from supervising physicians placing doctors on Sabbatical leave.
I find the timing interesting. Today police reports are released detailing harassment at the very least and now he’s placed on leave.

Robeson County Sheriff Burnis Wilkins told News13 in an email on Monday that he expects a report to be available on Tuesday.

“We have Detectives in SC now and plan to have the findings of our full investigation as it relates to the death of Mica Miller available tomorrow,” Wilkins said.

Robeson County Sheriff Burnis Wilkins told News13 in an email on Monday that he expects a report to be available on Tuesday.

“We have Detectives in SC now and plan to have the findings of our full investigation as it relates to the death of Mica Miller available tomorrow,” Wilkins said.
I don't want to be the one to say it, but if the full investigation will be over tomorrow, as the email suggests may be the case, we are likely looking at a suicide ruling with nothing to indicate foul play. JMO

I don't want to be the one to say it, but if the full investigation will be over tomorrow, as the email suggests may be the case, we are likely looking at a suicide ruling with nothing to indicate foul play. JMO
My feelings all along. Her brain could no longer calm her mind. You're free now baby. RIP Mica.

Plenty of foul play going on though...

The notice states that Miller is released "for a time of healing, counsel, and guidance, pursuant to our governing instrument."

I’d be content if this were a euphemism for “jail,” but if he truly didn’t shoot her, I suppose he will be free as a bird.

Even if his behavior led to her mounting distress.

JMO

The overseer of Solid Rock Church in Market Common sent a notice to its members on Sunday that Pastor John-Paul Miller was released from all ministerial functions.

The notice states that Miller is released "for a time of healing, counsel, and guidance, pursuant to our governing instrument."
Healing = relaxing on a beach in Bermuda or Aruba
Counsel = Get out of Dodge until this blows over.
Guidance = The church plane is at the airport, already fueled up.
JMO

ROBESON COUNTY, N.C. (WPDE) — The cause of death has been released for 30-year-old Mica Miller, of Myrtle Beach, amid the ongoing investigation.

According to Robeson County Medical Examiner Dr. Richard Johnson, Miller died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Dr. Johnson said, “Based on the nature of the wound, that it is consistent with a self-inflicted gunshot wound. And it was not in the back of the head, as it has been speculated.”

Johnson said he wasn’t the on-call medical examiner the weekend Miller died, but he did go to the scene to assist the on-call medical examiner. He also serves as a regional pathologist for the North Carolina Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.

ROBESON COUNTY, N.C. (WPDE) — The cause of death has been released for 30-year-old Mica Miller, of Myrtle Beach, amid the ongoing investigation.

According to Robeson County Medical Examiner Dr. Richard Johnson, Miller died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Dr. Johnson said, “Based on the nature of the wound, that it is consistent with a self-inflicted gunshot wound. And it was not in the back of the head, as it has been speculated.”

Johnson said he wasn’t the on-call medical examiner the weekend Miller died, but he did go to the scene to assist the on-call medical examiner. He also serves as a regional pathologist for the North Carolina Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.

I think many of us have come around to the idea that Mica probably did die of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, but does this announcement end any investigation, or is it ongoing, or will a new one begin?

There may be no criminal charges filed in her death, but I certainly hope and expect there is going to be a wrongful death civil suit in JPM's near future, and I am not sure he will escape that one unscathed. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000