SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cody Alcorn
While many of you question the investigators, you should also question all the insanity spread on social media that just down right wasn't true in this case. It's absolutely WILD.

Cody Alcorn
It's WILD many came after me for turning to sources to disprove the down right FALSE information being spread including the entry wound of the GSW. And then, because no other journalist had a source to confirm that information, then I was accused of talking to the widow. Again, absolutely asinine. And YES, I still stand behind my sources on the 911 call as well.

Cody Alcorn
While many of you question the investigators, you should also question all the insanity spread on social media that just down right wasn't true in this case. It's absolutely WILD.

Cody Alcorn
It's WILD many came after me for turning to sources to disprove the down right FALSE information being spread including the entry wound of the GSW. And then, because no other journalist had a source to confirm that information, then I was accused of talking to the widow. Again, absolutely asinine. And YES, I still stand behind my sources on the 911 call as well.

Seems to me it's just common sense to ignore the idiocy on social media.
I VERY much appreciate TOS here that doesn't allow it.
WS being a fact-based true crime discussion forum is what sets it apart.

jmo

Cody Alcorn

Cody Alcorn

Trying to be careful here but I think the "insanity spread on social media" was due to the things on social media such as Mica's videos, past sermons, friends and family posting their thoughts and questions. Until there are answers no one really knows what is insanity and what is real.

JMO

Sadly, I doubt his pastoring days are behind him. He survived a church that split, due to his ongoing and admitted marital infidelity, and he started it over and grew it to the roughly 700-member church he pastors today. I dare say he could stand in a pulpit this Sunday, and very many would show up, just as they always do, ready to heap love on the grieving pastor who was crucified in the press and social media. Worst case scenario, he will lie low for a few weeks and re-emerge with a plea for forgiveness for any hint of being a less than perfect husband.

My biggest hope is that Mica's family files a wrongful death lawsuit, and the family gets everything he has. JMO
I'm hoping for a wrongful death lawsuit as well, but as many of us know, they can be something more of a symbolic gesture... This man clearly had already begun moving assets around as not to lose them in the inevitable divorce, so I am sure he would figure out ways to try and do the same here sooner than later.

I'm hoping for a wrongful death lawsuit as well, but as many of us know, they can be something more of a symbolic gesture... This man clearly had already begun moving assets around as not to lose them in the inevitable divorce, so I am sure he would figure out ways to try and do the same here sooner than later.
I'm wondering if his "church" had tax-exempt status.

JMO

I think many of us have come around to the idea that Mica probably did die of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, but does this announcement end any investigation, or is it ongoing, or will a new one begin?

There may be no criminal charges filed in her death, but I certainly hope and expect there is going to be a wrongful death civil suit in JPM's near future, and I am not sure he will escape that one unscathed. JMO
A wrongful death civil suit is in order IMO. I wonder if LE already got or could get cell phone data from the person behind the no-caller ID number that was calling MM's phone the day she got her tire slashed. Or is that no longer possible?

Cody Alcorn

Cody Alcorn

I’m glad to hear my trust in what Cody put out there yesterday wasn’t misplaced. He has a proven track record in other cases I’ve followed.

My thoughts are with Mica’s family and all those who truly loved and supported her.

I think what will be released tomorrow is Manner of death.

JMO

I think it is very possible that Manner of death will be listed as Undetermined.

JMO
Unless I'm missing something, that information has already been released.

Manner of death is Suicide. Cause of death is Self inflicted Gun Shot Wound.

According to Robeson County Medical Examiner Dr. Richard Johnson, Miller died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Mica Miller singing on the praise team at Solid Rock Church. (Credit: Solid Rock)

Cody Alcorn

Cody Alcorn

He’s a little bit testy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member