SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad news but not a shock. This woman was clearly suffering and doing her best to get out of a bad marriage and move forward. The good friend who had communication with her the night before her death stated they were talking about normal things, one of which she mentioned was going to church and finding help to pay her car payment. One, it was a new church, so she probably didn't have the tight support group yet that she needed. Two, worrying about making a car payment and asking a new church to help would be extremely stressful, on top of an impending divorce and attorney fees and realizing she wouldn't see the step children anymore...I could add stuff for another 10 minutes but you get the point. That little glimpse into their conversation seemed heavy to me.

Unless I'm missing something, that information has already been released.

Manner of death is Suicide. Cause of death is Self inflicted Gun Shot Wound.

According to Robeson County Medical Examiner Dr. Richard Johnson, Miller died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Mica Miller singing on the praise team at Solid Rock Church. (Credit: Solid Rock)
BBM. I agree.

I think the reason for the news conference tomorrow is to amend the Manner of Death. It is a violation of journalistic ethics to cover a suicide.

JMO

Headlines, language, images and even the decision to report on suicide can all have an impact on individuals and the general public. Here we’ve gathered the best resources for journalists and other communicators on covering suicide responsibly.

Do they check for any drug in her system that may have caused her to be knocked out prior the gunshot they found and or is there any drug that would be undetectable that could have been given.? I may be reaching but I have seen some movies where there is a staged suicide.

Oy I hate this kind of complaining whether it comes from journalists or law enforcement. He's taking things personally and centering himself, IMO. Of course people on social media are saying crazy and unfounded things. They're completely random people on the internet, some of whom suck and are liars and some of whom are genuinely in pain over the loss of Mica and trying to make sense of things. That's why we look to objective professionals to investigate and report.

Journalism, like law enforcement, is a job, and IMO it is unprofessional to react emotionally and defensively like this--erodes the illusion of objectivity.
A professional journalist has been accused of spreading a lie and he has every right to publicly react.

JMO

Do they check for any drug in her system that may have caused her to be knocked out prior the gunshot they found and or is there any drug that would be undetectable that could have been given.? I may be reaching but I have seen some movies where there is a staged suicide.
I hope the family has asked for their own autopsy just to clear up any doubts - it is what I would do for my sister/daughter/ friend
JMO

Cody Alcorn
You will hear a substantial amount of evidence released in the morning regarding the timeline of Mica’s movements.
Sources tell me it’s not just forensic evidence. As we all know, technology is valuable in investigations these days.
Investigators have had nine days to follow up, interview and access phone and video evidence.
Also, the 911 call.
It’s always smart to question an investigation. Typically, LE has many cards at play that the public has no idea they’re holding.
Please keep Mica’s family and friends your prayers.

Cody Alcorn
I’ve not seen that Robeson County has released the call.

BBM. I agree.

I think the reason for the news conference tomorrow is to amend the Manner of Death. It is a violation of journalistic ethics to cover a suicide.

JMO

Headlines, language, images and even the decision to report on suicide can all have an impact on individuals and the general public. Here we’ve gathered the best resources for journalists and other communicators on covering suicide responsibly.

LE is probably trying to quell the masses who think that Mica didn't commit suicide even though COD & MOD have been released.

People are not happy with what's being released etc.

I Am glad they are going to lay everything out tomorrow including a timeline of Mica’s movements.

LE are just following the facts where they lead them and the facts are that she unfortunately committed suicide.

Last edited:
Here is a timeline of what happened.

• Oct. 8 & 9, 2023 - Mica Miller files for divorce from John-Paul Miller, according to the South Carolina Judicial Branch.
  • Feb. 13, 2024 - the October divorce was dismissed.
  • Feb. 22 & 23, 2024 - John-Paul Miller files for separation from Mica Miller.
  • March 12, 2024 - the February separation was dismissed without prejudice.
  • April 15 & 16, 2024 - Mica Miller filed for separation.
  • April 23, 2024 - a hearing for the separation was set for June 5 and a notice went out.
  • April 27, 2024 - Mica Miller was found dead with gunshot wounds at Lumber River State Park in Robeson County.
  • April 28, 2024 - John-Paul Miller gave a sermon, mentioning Mica’s death at the end of the sermon. He told the church her death was self-induced.
  • May 5, 2024 - two memorial ceremonies were held for Mica, one at Solid Rock Church in Market Common attended by John-Paul Miller and the other along the beach in North Myrtle Beach organized by Mica Miller’s family.

Here is a timeline of what happened.

• Oct. 8 & 9, 2023 - Mica Miller files for divorce from John-Paul Miller, according to the South Carolina Judicial Branch.
  • Feb. 13, 2024 - the October divorce was dismissed.
  • Feb. 22 & 23, 2024 - John-Paul Miller files for separation from Mica Miller.
  • March 12, 2024 - the February separation was dismissed without prejudice.
  • April 15 & 16, 2024 - Mica Miller filed for separation.
  • April 23, 2024 - a hearing for the separation was set for June 5 and a notice went out.
  • April 27, 2024 - Mica Miller was found dead with gunshot wounds at Lumber River State Park in Robeson County.
  • April 28, 2024 - John-Paul Miller gave a sermon, mentioning Mica’s death at the end of the sermon. He told the church her death was self-induced.
  • May 5, 2024 - two memorial ceremonies were held for Mica, one at Solid Rock Church in Market Common attended by John-Paul Miller and the other along the beach in North Myrtle Beach organized by Mica Miller’s family.
Thanks Cool Cats…… maybe one other addition for this…… (and hope this isn’t seen as an intrusion……. or overstep….)?

In post #267 above from ‘Knox’ there is reference to an apparent March 20, 2024 conveyance of POA (Power of Attorney) from MM to ‘pastor’JPM (if I read it correctly). That legal filing might be important as this unfolds. MOO (And maybe one of our esteemed legal friends in here can help with terminology for it?)

The link to above cited post:
Post in thread 'SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated'
SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated

Thanks Cool Cats…… maybe one other addition for this…… (and hope this isn’t seen as an intrusion……. or overstep….)?

In post #267 above from ‘Knox’ there is reference to an apparent March 20, 2024 conveyance of POA (Power of Attorney) from MM to ‘pastor’JPM (if I read it correctly). That legal filing might be important as this unfolds. MOO (And maybe one of our esteemed legal friends in here can help with terminology for it?)

The link to above cited post:
Post in thread 'SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated'
SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated

Not overstep....It's called contributing.

Thanks.....We can add to the timeline

LE is probably trying to quell the masses who think that Mica didn't commit suicide even though COD & MOD have been released.

People are not happy with what's being released etc.

I Am glad they are going to lay everything out tomorrow including a timeline of Mica’s movements.

LE are just following the facts where they lead them and the facts are that she unfortunately committed suicide.
BBM. I do believe the cause of death is suicide. If the Manner of Death is still suicide, there would be no need for a news conference tomorrow.

JMO

Confused as to why the ME went to the scene to assist if he wasn’t the on-call medical examiner?
I am confused about this as well. Why this scene? I live locally and I get notifications of crimes from Robeson County every day on my phone. It will be interesting to learn why he decided to involve himself.

Still so many questions. May Mica rest in peace, she certainly didn't have it her life.

I was just looking for this!
"If I end up with a bullet in my head, it was JP"
Out of her own mouth to her siblings....I will not shoot myself.

If she decided on suicide that day, would she have not left a note or message to her siblings letting them know she after all couldn't take it anymore, siblings with whom she was very close, and who supported her ?

Is it possible a killer could have made it look as if she shot herself? Grasping her hand with the gun to her head and pulling the trigger? Some such thing? Killer was stalking her, knew her routes, could he have hijacked her car, immobilized her, driven to the spot?

I just can't help still questioning this.
I'm thinking that after all of the awful issues that she spoke to her siblings about, she would have called or texted at least one of them while she was struggling to make that decision. Calling 911, as reported, instead of calling those who had been supporting her through all of the (alleged) awful things that she was experiencing? Going to a place that seems to have zero connection to her or her life just to end it there? It just doesn't make sense to me at all. I hope that the call transcript/audio is released.
I'm not ruling anything out in this case. There seems to be a lot of ugliness that began many years ago, and continued to build.
All IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member