SIDEBAR #27- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch Dido, Here with me original version.
Creepy and so Jodi.

Too bad that this trial will not be televised, it would be the trial of the century.

Her and Martinez...wow!!!!!!!

She is either bat ....crazy, or extremely delusional.

I posted this video after Jodi was singing in in the police interview room after detective Flores left the room. She did handstands, flipped her hair and said she should of put make up on.

Hiding in the closet makes you think of how many times Jodi hid and watched Travis.

[video=youtube;0dKZQs1xekY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dKZQs1xekY&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

there is another Dido sings about stalking also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-fWDrZSiZs&feature=player_detailpage

Well, are we really surprised this judge gave this criminal what she wanted. I believe there will be more delays, regardless of what this judge says. Criminals get all the justice, victims get nothing. Well it is called Criminal Justice system.

Agreed. I think said witness will stonewall every which way. I imagine she is opposed to the death penalty. And the court, in response, will not keep their previous word and find a reason to cave.

Good Morning :seeya:

DalaiLamaII.jpg

I am all for the concept of fair trial, also the judge being careful not to provide ammunition for an appeal. With that, if what JA claimed in her penned motion is true, granting the continuance is proper.

However...I cannot understand why this all went down in early August. JA was convicted over a year ago. She knew this retrial was coming up. Why could she not have arranged to meet with her witness in July, or June? Both are close enough that they would have allowed current evaluation. JA waiting until so close to trial is just not acceptable especially involving a witness who supposedly has such a busy schedule that it is difficult to arrange meetings and phone calls. I hope JSS at least admonished JA to be better prepared from here on. It is high time to stop messing around and get this thing wrapped up.

Later...

thunderstorm, need to go watch!

Well here's the catch22 with that at this stage. Since she was EVER up for the death penalty gives her more likelihood of getting people working for her appeals process than if she'd never been considered for that at all, in my opinion. In our case, even though one of the killers was released from Death Row on a 7 year 10 million dollar mental retardation argument (yeah the one who had served 5 years in a German prison already for a brutal gang rape and who was able to assist with planning/coverup/speaking at Cindy's funeral is deemed "retarded"), he's still getting people to appeal for him from his L WITH parole sentences.

Can I make this a little more absurd for you? He was released from his First degree murder death sentence but his Life with parole stands for the CONSPIRACY. So, legally, he's deemed mentally retarded yet a co conspirator in a first degree murder. Yep. Make sense of that one.

On another sickening note, Jodi will have people lining up to represent her/support her/ assist her for no remuneration. That's one of many celebrity perks the death row murderers get. Along with the websites reading as singles ads, requests for money, pen pals, etc etc etc.

I support the Alexanders and always have/will in their wishes...but I know what's coming. And I also know there was a part of me that wished the legal proceedings would never end as it just helps in an albeit unhealthy way, put the big black hole in your life and your deep dive in to it, on hold. It's hard when the world is saying to you "aren't you so glad it's all over?" and the worst part, for you (me) has just begun. It's a very mixed cornucopia of blackness, all of it.

Thanks KCL to help us learn how these things sometimes go down.

I understand what you mean. I probably still want her to get DP just to scare the living daylights out of her for at least a little while. But I agree with you that it probably gives her more chance for more appeals than if she would just get a Life Sentence.

The issue I have always had with life sentences is there never seems to be a guarantee that she wont someday get parole. Even if it says LWOP, it seems things sometimes get overturned and commuted to LWP and sometimes people get out eventually.

Just wish our court systems would keep their sentences. I like some states where they demand at least 85% of sentence being served before any chance of parole.

For Jodi, I would like to see her get the DP to scare her for at least a few years. Then unfortunately, she somehow may weasel her sentence into LWP. Knowing how our court systems sometime fail us, she may someday get out of there unfortunately as well, which is a travesty.

.....snipped to give the victims some limelight..........

CINDY MONKMAN was her name. 9/16/1958 - 12/23/1988

And while I"m at it. TRAVIS ALEXANDER. Just to say it out loud.

Think about how often the witch gets her name mentioned in the media as compared to Travis. At least this once, just wanted to let the victims be noticed.

R.I.P. Cindy + Travis

I am all for the concept of fair trial, also the judge being careful not to provide ammunition for an appeal. With that, if what JA claimed in her penned motion is true, granting the continuance is proper.

However...I cannot understand why this all went down in early August. JA was convicted over a year ago. She knew this retrial was coming up. Why could she not have arranged to meet with her witness in July, or June? Both are close enough that they would have allowed current evaluation. JA waiting until so close to trial is just not acceptable especially involving a witness who supposedly has such a busy schedule that it is difficult to arrange meetings and phone calls. I hope JSS at least admonished JA to be better prepared from here on. It is high time to stop messing around and get this thing wrapped up.

In her motion to represent herself and IIRC in an interview criticizing him after the last penalty trial, she said she and Nurmi disagreed on the defense/mitigation plan. She wanted it to go one way and Nurmi refused, so maybe this witness's evaluation is being used because she is "in charge" now and can present whatever it was she wanted? Whatever the heck that is...one thing we can be sure of though is that it will have to do with her being the real victim and what abuse she suffered. Or the "fog"...

Thanks KCL to help us learn how these things sometimes go down.

I understand what you mean. I probably still want her to get DP just to scare the living daylights out of her for at least a little while. But I agree with you that it probably gives her more chance for more appeals than if she would just get a Life Sentence.

The issue I have always had with life sentences is there never seems to be a guarantee that she wont someday get parole. Even if it says LWOP, it seems things sometimes get overturned and commuted to LWP and sometimes people get out eventually.

Just wish our court systems would keep their sentences. I like some states where they demand at least 85% of sentence being served before any chance of parole.

For Jodi, I would like to see her get the DP to scare her for at least a few years. Then unfortunately, she somehow may weasel her sentence into LWP. Knowing how our court systems sometime fail us, she may someday get out of there unfortunately as well, which is a travesty.
AZ is one of the 85% states - part of their Truth in Sentencing laws, which also did away with parole. They also passed the new statute in 2012 that eliminates LWP for capital offenses, and while this murder occurred when LWP was possible, I do think JSS will take that into consideration if she does have to decide the sentence.

One of the things that also changed in AZ a few years back is that juries have to hand down death sentences, not judges. In fact many trials had to go up for sentencing phases again (I attended one--Dan Willoughby --who was converted to Life from Death Row--I sat with the victim's mother who became my friend). Ours thankfully, got Grandfathered in in terms of timing so we didn't have to basically do what the Alexanders are having to do now but a decade later. I don't know if I'm even making sense here because I've not had my coffee but what I'm trying to say it Death sentences have to be handed down exclusively by juries now in the State of AZ but it wasn't always that way.

Think about how often the witch gets her name mentioned in the media as compared to Travis. At least this once, just wanted to let the victims be noticed.

R.I.P. Cindy + Travis

Thank you very much for this darling Hatfield. <3

What is just sickening and disgusting to me is that anyone finds this convicted murderer sympathetic. And they do. Educated, intelligent people find her already a victim of the system (Kiefer for one who bloviated on that topic to anyone who would listen to him in the courtroom) and those numbers will rise once she lands on death row, if she does. And she will play it to the hilt.

I've sat in many courtrooms by now--our own, Michael Peterson, Scott Peterson, some local ones and this one and I don't think I've ever been as terrified and grossed out than by the evil presence that is Jodi Arias.

The PI was (allegedly) hired to prove her innocence.

How does one prove a negative?

Ohhhhhh great, another delay tactic and attempts to cloud, contort, and derail the trial. I Am Beyond Disgusted. :scream: :banghead: :stormingmad:

How on earth could JSS have granted another delay? Jodi was convicted 1 yr & 3 months ago! She had plenty of time to get her witnesses together. Ridiculous! This judge is awful. The killer has control of the courtroom now. How frustrating. You are right, KCL, the criminals officially have more rights than the victim. I am appalled. Sure, let's shift everyone's calendar to suite the psychpath who is Jodi Arias. So disappointed in this judge. I would think Bill Montgomery, head of the county DA office, would have monitored Judge Stevens & told her to wrap this up. A delay effects everyone's livelihoods except for the killer. This is a travesty of justice. We will see if this trial is indeed wrapped up in 2014. I have my doubts.

This is how JSKS has consistently rolled -- and ruled.

Agreed. Pure evil.
I feel, if released, she would kill again. She even told us. If she feels like it, she most certainly will. She's a danger in prison as well. She needs to be in solitary or eliminated as far as I'm concerned.
Someone mentioned that there needs to be another sentencing choice. Solitary without the chance of release into the prison population or parole. No death penalty but no possibility of being around others. If you're against the death penalty this is a perfect option.

Disappointed! I'm so disappointed about JSS ruling in favor of a delay again.

Below is a partial from the convicted murderers motion.

"Even though this visit was set up with and approved by the jail ahead of time, and even though my legal team had already secured funding for this expert, including travel expenses, by 10:00 a.m. a resolution had not been reached and the expert ran out of time and needed to leave."

It sounds like the expert was only planning on meeting with the convicted murderer for 2 hours.
So for the 2 hours JSS granted a 3 week extension. What kind of trade off is that? I know the convicted murderer is saying this expert won't be available till the end of the month but I don't believe a word she says. Unreal!

Delay after delay, I can't even remember what the first delay card was. Did it have something to do with the DT having vacation plans? They will probably deal the vacation delay card come 29th of Sept.

Ohhhhhh great, another delay tactic and attempts to cloud, contort, and derail the trial. I Am Beyond Disgusted. :scream: :banghead: :stormingmad:

I am not sure what the PI was hired to do. When I first heard of it, it was said she hired him/her to "prove her innocence." If so, that sounds to me like working toward getting the Guilty of Premeditated Murder verdict thrown out and a retrial of the guilt phase. If JA has in fact hired a PI and plans to use their findings in this mitigation phase, I can't imagine what it is they might be investigating. And if JA tries to bring evidence into this phase that is not relevant I hope it is flat out disallowed and if she tries to get any further continuance based on what this PI is supposed to be doing for her, I hope JSS says no unless the state is OK with granting it.

I suspect JA might want a PI to dig into whether there was anything questionable (in any trial, not just hers) ever presented by Flores and/or Horn, and possibly others. It's possible that might touch on the issue of aggravators (shot first or last?) but even so it seems irrelevant to this phase since the aggravators are no longer in question as they were proven already. That would be an appeal issue, if anything, IMO.

Disappointed! I'm so disappointed about JSS ruling in favor of a delay again.

Below is a partial from the convicted murderers motion.

"Even though this visit was set up with and approved by the jail ahead of time, and even though my legal team had already secured funding for this expert, including travel expenses, by 10:00 a.m. a resolution had not been reached and the expert ran out of time and needed to leave."

It sounds like the expert was only planning on meeting with the convicted murderer for 2 hours.
So for the 2 hours JSS granted a 3 week extension. What kind of trade off is that? I know the convicted murderer is saying this expert won't be available till the end of the month but I don't believe a word she says. Unreal!

Delay after delay, I can't even remember what the first delay card was. Did it have something to do with the DT having vacation plans? They will probably deal the vacation delay card come 29th of Sept.

In her motion JA claimed that after the interview the witness would provide her with a report which JA would need time to go through (to see how helpful the info is to her case, probably). And she asked for 3 weeks because had she met with the person early August as planned she would have had 3 weeks to do what she needed to do. Now she wants 3 weeks after a meeting that cannot happen til end of August. So that's where the length of the delay came from.

The 'expert' witness does not anticipate authoring a report on behalf of the convict.

The prosecutor requested the addresses of the especially cruel lying torture murderess's witnesses, but the convict refused to provide them, saying that they preferred to work through Nurmi/Willmott.

JSKS so ordered.

There will be 3 100-juror panels reporting for voir dire on September 29 with 16 days allotted for same.

State requested to interview the convict's witnesses on September 5, 6, and 7.

Instead, JSKS ordered that the State must interview the convict's 'expert' witness on September 2.

Convict demanded that her 'investigator' be granted access to the crime scene.

JSKS ordered that the State must accommodate this by scheduling such access on or before August 28.

Arias is calling the tune, and JSKS is fiddling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cecepage