SIDEBAR #53 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son-in-law's dad was riding a bike today and was hit and run over by a pickup truck. He was coherent and cogent enough to talk to his adult daughter on the phone while in the ambulance, but has since gone downhill.

He's in the hospital tonight. So far, the dx is just a concussion, but in the hours hence, he's experienced considerable swelling of the brain.

So weird. They do the CAT scans and other stuff right away, and you know they get the results back pretty quickly, but for the family in the waiting room, it takes HOURS to get information. His wife is beside herself. Daughter and SIL have cancelled their plans to go to the beach this weekend, because -- well, no one knows what's going on...

Sounds just like our town -- except we have no hills, and have to drive 25 minutes to get to Walmart. And we have FIVE gas stations! I think I would like to visit Indiana. And three bars, and too many pizza places.

At our cabin in east Texas we get three television stations, and two of them are the same. We have a vast collection of VHS and DVD in case there's not anything to watch on tv.

coffee, all your descriptions sound exactly like our kind of trip. I told DH I world like to go to Indiana and he said he would, too! Won't be this year, but we could be coming at some point. Covered wagons, Canals, countryside, hills.... and junk stores. what more could I ask for, other than a chance to meet another WS buddy.

Limus, I am sorry to say I don't see the close resemblance to Mark.... That is his pic in your avatar, right? Could he have lost considerable weight?

Don't know, I hadn't seen him in some time. But keep in mind sketch artists are never 100% accurate, and if they are drawing it from a skeleton, the flesh wouldn't matter. However, the nose and eyes seem to be right on, and I think the match for Ilene even moreso. Yes, that's his pic in my avatar. Neither of them had been submitted as possible matches for either of the ones I had suggested. There is a list of people they've excluded for certain victims. I don't know that either of them had ever been submitted for any cases. Finding this database was new to me yesterday, and extremely easy to find possibilities. Hopefully it will lead somewhere. My primary goal isn't the reward they offered for Ilene, but I wouldn't refuse it if they offered it to me. My goal is to reunite Mark's parents and Ilene's parents with whatever is left of them for burial.

I posted the video Route Sixty six last week and the towns keeping going through me head. Jodi said she saw a sign for Flagstaff when she was lost and was on 40, and her phone powered on just outside of Kingman when she left a message foe Travis. You know when she found her phone charger under the passenger seat after her nap and tidying up after she "literally" got stranded when she ran out of gas. She never says who came along in the desert with spare gas to get her back to tow and gas station. S

She also did admit she some how got on I 10 out of California and saw signs for Phoenix ,but it was several hundred miles away,and that she didn't even know where Phoenix was. It's a straight shot on I 10 to Phoenix.

Travis and she took a road trip on Route 66. IIRC that was when Jodi said she drove several hundred miles in the wrong direction while Travis slept.

Son-in-law's dad was riding a bike today and was hit and run over by a pickup truck. He was coherent and cogent enough to talk to his adult daughter on the phone while in the ambulance, but has since gone downhill.

He's in the hospital tonight. So far, the dx is just a concussion, but in the hours hence, he's experienced considerable swelling of the brain.

So weird. They do the CAT scans and other stuff right away, and you know they get the results back pretty quickly, but for the family in the waiting room, it takes HOURS to get information. His wife is beside herself. Daughter and SIL have cancelled their plans to go to the beach this weekend, because -- well, no one knows what's going on...

Oh no! Hope he's alright. Never mess around with a concussion. Natasha Richardson ignored the warning signs when she hit her on a rock skiing and by the time her headache was severe and they hospitalized her, she'd had so much bleeding it was too late.

Sigh...what is it with these accidents and problems that happens one right after another here in SB?

I'm so sorry about this accident GigiG. Healing thoughts and prayers coming your way for the family. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2