SIDEBAR #58 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Zuri!! I sent my daughter to my hairdressers and I am excited to try it.
I had a hysterectomy 14 years ago, everything except my ovaries. I hit menopause a couple of years later. My hair didn't start falling out 6 years ago in June of 2009, but my lord my face is so dry that I can put Vaseline on it and 2-3 hours later it has soaked in! Do you or anyone else know of a good moisturizer for extremely dry skin (face) I have tried so many moisturizers and I still can hardly get makeup on fast enough, because the moisturizer soaks in so fast! I need help :frown:
Thanks for the heads up about hormones.

Moisturizers: Cetaphil or Eucerin. You don't need fancy expensive creams. You can get these in the drugstore. Dermatologist and Physician recommended. And they work!

Dry skin and hair loss come with drops in estrogen and testosterone, medications, stress. If you wonder if you have thyroid issues, look at your eyebrows. IIRC, If you start missing eyebrows from the midline out, chances are your thyroid could be affected. Other conditions can cause this too, so please make sure you consult your physician.

There are cheaper knock offs of Nioxin so just compare ingredients if you want to save some money. Shampoos with parabens and sulfates also affect hair loss. Look for the ones with out those ingredients. Same for moisturizers. Not good for your skin.

And no petroleum jelly For your face! Heels and body sure. But not straight petroleum jelly! Please! Lips ok if necessary.

Dry skin and hair loss come with drops in estrogen and testosterone, medications, stress. If you wonder if you have thyroid issues, look at your eyebrows. IIRC, If you start missing eyebrows from the midline out, chances are your thyroid could be affected. Other conditions can cause this too, so please make sure you consult your physician.

There are cheaper knock offs of Nioxin so just compare ingredients if you want to save some money. Shampoos with parabens and sulfates also affect hair loss. Look for the ones with out those ingredients. Same for moisturizers. Not good for your skin.

And no petroleum jelly For your face! Heels and body sure. But not straight petroleum jelly! Please! Lips ok if necessary.

BBM

I have always had very sparse eyebrows, but just looked in a mirror and don't notice any difference from the midline out, so I guess I'm okay there.

My BFF, who is also blonde and very fair, just got tattooing to give some definition to her eyebrows. She also got the permanent eye-liner and a lip tint.

I have yet to see her, but she seems pleased with the results, as does her husband. The eye-liner thing makes me a bit nervous (tattooing your eyelids???), but I can definitely see doing the eyebrows, maybe even the lips...

A SMILE is a great way to start off your day. Good Morning to a very special group of FRIENDS!! :loveyou: :grouphug:

I had a weird day yesterday and stayed in bed most of the day...could be all the steroids have left me and I'm coming down? But anyway, whatever it was/is I'm up today! :)

The 'girls' are having a blast at Disney and has sent many pics, but most of them have 'Princess' Lizzy in them and would need block her out and that would be no fun!
Here is the 'Mouse Ears' she got ~ What happened to the old fashion back ears?! :giggle:

Attachments

• 12644802_10208187825031516_8433581389760917787_n.jpg
    12644802_10208187825031516_8433581389760917787_n.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 47
Dmacky ~ When I come and visit you this spring/summer...PLEASE warn me if you have gas! :laughing:

Zuri ~ Much love to you, my friend :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member