Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
How right you are and I think whoever did this was waiting and hiding until the girls were right there practically in front of them.

But, in order to wait for the girls, the perp had to know ahead of time they were leaving. Who knew they were going for a walk?
Who was the last person the girls talked to on the cell phone or house phone?

I wonder if the POI (if he did it) could have actually had his truck backed up into the tree area and the girls walked past without seeing it and him at first.
Not possible at least in the area where they were killed. The thick brush would have prevented it.

But, in order to wait for the girls, the perp had to know ahead of time they were leaving. Who knew they were going for a walk?
Police have not released a whole lot of information regarding the girls..only said Skyla had spent the night with Taylor and Skyla's mom had called and said she was coming to pick up Skyla. And grandfather tried calling the cell phone but noone answered so he said he walked down to the bridge to get them.

Police have not released a whole lot of information regarding the girls..only said Skyla had spent the night with Taylor and Skyla's mom .....

Let's hope LE checked phone records first thing.

http://arklatexhomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=15409

I believe I read that Taylor's one brother and two sisters live in Weleetka and one brother lives in Sallisaw.

Thanks. How many children does Mr. Placker have, if you know.

Good to know that 3 of her siblings lived in that town.

imoo

Sorry for this late photo in response to posts earlier in the day, but I was gone.

Here's a better perspective of the road. Note in the distance, the other truck and as the road blends into the distance a curve to the left.

this is County Line Rd. looking south. The crime scene was close, but not as close as the other photo indicated.

show_image.php
Notice where the road closed sign is. This is where the other road must be going east-west. The witness could have been driving on this road and not had to have gone past the guy and the truck. This could also be the reason he did not have time to hide or to turn around.

No, the truck is parked right next to their mailbox if you will look closely. The white one that is.

I don't mean to be obtuse, but that can't be Taylor's mailbox AND the other truck down the road (the first one we see) as the crime scene, because both are on the west side of the road according to reports.

The white truck is on one side of the road and the other truck, is on the other side of the road. That can't be the crime scene, according to the reports.

If you look at the video as well, the one shown from Thurs I believe, you do see the mailbox and it is a large, burgundy Suburban or double cab near there and you can see the white truck way in the distance.

Saying "they" is very common for southerners. I find myself saying it even though I know better. It is more of a general term for somebody unknown.

I do it too and only when I don't know who it is.

I can understand why some are leery of that but for me it is everyday language used in the South were I live. I even say it myself probably everyday.

To me if he had said "he killed them" or "she killed them" then that would make my hair stand up but many times people use it when they don't know what is what yet about something.

One of our favorite sayings in the South is "they don't have a dab of sense" and believe me we are only talking about one person!:crazy:

So him saying that doesn't bother me in the least. In fact I think most likely it will turn out to be one shooter.

imoo

I too believe it is only one shooter. I believe that the Grandpa may have been worried about some type of retaliation. May have even had threats against the family. What I was thinking when he said "THEY" killed them is that it's almost like "well they really did it" . Kinda like when a woman is murdered and the family and friends will say HE (hubbie or bf) finally did it before they even find out who the murderer was. Otherwise, if Grandpa was totally surprised I would have expected him to say "they are dead", or "they've been killed" or even "they have been hit by a car". of course who knows how anyone would react or what they'd say in such a situation. His language just makes my hinky meter perk up. Gut feeling.
ps love the south speak analogy :crazy:

I don't think he did know.

He could have been on that road as they walked to the bridge or he could have been hanging around the bridge and saw them. All he had to do was leave and come back to wait for them to walk by the truck. If the witnesses couldn't see what he was doing I bet the girls couldn't either and they had no idea he had a weapon.

imoo

I don't mean to be obtuse, but that can't be Taylor's mailbox AND the other truck down the road (the first one we see) as the crime scene, because both are on the west side of the road according to reports.

The white truck is on one side of the road and the other truck, is on the other side of the road. That can't be the crime scene, according to the reports.

If you look at the video as well, the one shown from Thurs I believe, you do see the mailbox and it is a large, burgundy Suburban or double cab near there and you can see the white truck way in the distance.

So the truck in the distance (the last one in the photo) is Taylor's home?
Maybe the white truck in the pic was marking the place where the POI's white truck was spotted?

I too believe it is only one shooter. I believe that the Grandpa may have been worried about some type of retaliation. May have even had threats against the family. What I was thinking when he said "THEY" killed them is that it's almost like "well they really did it" . Kinda like when a woman is murdered and the family and friends will say HE (hubbie or bf) finally did it before they even find out who the murderer was. Otherwise, if Grandpa was totally surprised I would have expected him to say "they are dead", or "they've been killed" or even "they have been hit by a car". of course who knows how anyone would react or what they'd say in such a situation. His language just makes my hinky meter perk up. Gut feeling.
ps love the south speak analogy :crazy:
And like i have said before, I am totally with you on that.

That's my supposition as well. So, I believe, My Opinion Only (MOO!), is that at least one of the witnesses might have reported seeing the truck in that position a couple of hundred feet ahead of the crime scene.

I do it too and only when I don't know who it is.

:) Well I wish that is the only time I could say I say it but then that would be dishonest. It is just a habit here in the South......believe me I am not the only either......thank goodness. So plenty of folks understands me because they do it too.:crazy:

imoo

If there were two shooters, where was the 2nd perp if the POI standing by the truck is perp #1?
Was the other perp hiding in the truck? Hiding in the woods?

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/06/oklahoma-invest.html
The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation [OSBI] made public its suspicions that two shooters are responsible for the June 8 shooting deaths of 11-year-old Skyla Jade Whitaker and 13-year-old Taylor Dawn Paschal-Placker

I don't think he did know.

He could have been on that road as they walked to the bridge or he could have been hanging around the bridge and saw them. All he had to do was leave and come back to wait for them to walk by the truck. If the witnesses couldn't see what he was doing I bet the girls couldn't either and they had no idea he had a weapon.

imoo

OBE,
I don't think he knew either but I had to throw it out there.

I'm only trying to find an explanation as to why Taylor's biological parents haven't been mentioned at all, not even in her obituary. I find it so unusual not to mention the parents at all. Usually, when grandparents are raising a grandchild, it's because the parents are deceased, or the parents are unfit - drug or alcohol users, or incarcerated.

If Taylor was an out-of-wedlock baby of one of their daughters, born when their daughter was a young teen, they may have raised Taylor as a daughter and not a granddaughter, and the biological mother as a sister to Taylor. But if that's the case, instead of grandparents?why not refer to themselves as her parents

The killing of Taylor and Skyla is so brutal and senseless, I'm looking for a possible motive. The only thing I can come up with is retaliation for something her parent or parents, who remain unidentified, have done to cause this.

good point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member