Someone may have recognized Jason

Wow, it would be incredible if this led to something. This case was one of the first that really interested me when I found Websleuths (long before I signed up) and I think about him often.

This is incredible news!
Fingers crossed this comes to light for Jason.

GOOSE BUMPS! I really hope this is him. I too am a member of PT and am so happy that there has been some new movement in this case.

Looks like another dead end...? Or serious trolling even? You never know with the internet. I was so happy to read that somebody might have known Jason, but...

Just popping in to see if there is any news from this lead. Has anyone heard anything? Or is it too early to expect any news?

I got an address from that guy too, and I've sent copies to my contactperson in Namus. How did you find a last name? I looked through the white pages, but they could have moved along time ago

beamie - did you ever hear back from your contact at namus?

The detectives are looking into this. There's nothing more we can do. I just hope this was a real tip and not a joke

this is exciting! This explains why Jason doe didn't have a wallet (if they were mugged, I know the driver claims to have been) or because the backpacks were left in the van. Did they do a tox report on Jason Doe?

Interesting.

This dude sez he was from Fairfax. If so, where was this Jason Doe going since he went south, away from Fairfax? Just going wherever, not giving a care? Did he break it off with the girl he was shacking up with?

Odd to read something that's from my stomping grounds.

I believe this has been resolved; friends name was Jimmy. October 23 at 4:14pm

Well, sad day all around. After back tracking steps for the last two months, visiting old playgrounds, etc., the journey finally concluded today. With new information found this week, I ended up at Woodson HS looking through yearbooks. The good news, I finally found Jimmy! The bad news, Jimmy is Dead. However, he is not the Grateful Doe. The medical examiner was able to track it down quickly. Here is a link to the yearbook picture I found of Jimmy today at Woodson HS. Rest in Peace my friend Jimmy....

I believe this has been resolved; friends name was Jimmy. October 23 at 4:14pm

Not sure I understand.. does that mean that the person believed to be Jason Doe is actually Jimmy? And Jimmy is also dead, but definitely not Jason Doe?

Just trying to understand whether this is some sort of conclusion to this sub-thread.

It is is, then that is too bad. Seems like that might have been the only possible lead in a long time.

Not sure I understand.. does that mean that the person believed to be Jason Doe is actually Jimmy? And Jimmy is also dead, but definitely not Jason Doe?

Just trying to understand whether this is some sort of conclusion to this sub-thread.

It is is, then that is too bad. Seems like that might have been the only possible lead in a long time.

I caught the FB post; I totally forgot I was signed up for this post until it got bumped.. I googled to see if the FB post was from the guy posting on the Phish board; results of the google search of the Phish forum posts below; they're on post 7. From what I see it is the same. So apparently Jasonm111 was able to track down his HS friend who's name is actually Jimmy; the ME concluded that Jimmy was deceased so not Jason. I wish I had more time to follow Grateful Doe.. hopefully one of you can go back over it to find out which Phish post his friends name came out in.. </3

edit yes; this is him... - Jason M posted to Grateful Doe October 9 at 3:02pm ·

Back in the early 90's. This friend Jimmy of mine, who I lost contact with after I left for college in Alabama in 94, were driving over to see a friend of his in Chantilly, VA. We exited off 66 onto 50, which is a pretty major road. It was probably around 1:00 or 2:00am. Shortly after we made the exit, a Fairfax County Police cruiser passed us scoping us out hard. But then again why wouldn't he, a couple of ratty looking kids with Grateful Dead stickers all over the car. ...

I actually had some extra time today and drove to that apartment complex, which stands out so clearly in my mind from this exact event that occurred. I walked up to the apartment unit and remembered everything from night so clearly. I then went to the leasing office, which I asked the property manager if they kept records of tenants dating back that far. She said, probably yes, but they are archived. I asked her what I needed to do to access them. She said, "you would need a warrant". I said thank you and left. I have contacted the medical examiner's office twice now. The second time I called, it almost seemed like I had not even called the first time. I was told the information I provided was sent to the State Police. To date, two months later, I have not received one phone call from any investigator on this case. Maybe the information I provided to the medical examiner, including a possible address of Jimmy, hit the nail on the head and this case is technical solved, but hasn't been announced? Maybe investigating an 18 year old case just isn't that important and they could care less? Maybe there is something more going on than meets the eye? Would be nice to know what is going on...

Google results - Man killed after GD - RFK 95 - Part

The gal that runs the Grateful Doe FB page has been locked out of her profile.. It's happened to a few people; FB doesn't appear to be doing anything to help. She was the only admin able to add mods to the Grateful Doe FB page; so the page is pretty much sitting in limbo. Her post here

still can't access my account or this page. ;-( Haven't been able to since October 3rd. I see this page passed 1600 since I last visited! Sweet! One day I'll be back. I hope.... Alyssa

I have two other admins who rarely post but I made them content creators. Otherwise they would add my husband's account so I can still access the page

He's saying he found his friend that he lost touch with in the early '90s and that it isn't the Grateful Doe. I don't know if he had a rock-solid confirmation. The kid in the yearbook pic looks awful like Grateful Doe. This could be why he thought the Grateful Doe was his long-lost friend when he saw the poster.

The story as told by that dude happened long a way from the crash site. He's telling a story that had occurred at an earlier time in a different place with this "Jimmy" kid.

Emporia, VA is three hours away from Chantilly.

Jimmy died in 2009. So he's not Jason doe. Jimmy died from complications from surgery

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back