***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

You have so well I was wondering how you were able to keep it up - again a big hug and thanks so much!

Yes. Hope this is not considered o/t but a big shout out to Hope4More for her valuable and tireless effort in bringing the book to us.
What a trooper, what a gem.

Yes. Hope this is not considered o/t but a big shout out to Hope4More for her valuable and tireless effort in bringing the book to us.
What a trooper, what a gem.

And a true labor of love for little Caylee, reading a book and posting about it all day long. Thank you Hope, and to all the others posting about the contents of the book. You all must be emotionally exhausted.

I popped in here and have only skimmed a few posts...since I am not that far into the book. I am only at the part about the first hours of the investigation...and I thought (since the jury heard 99.9% of what I've read so far)- How in HE double hockey sticks did she get acquitted in Caylee's death? Seriously

Sorry - the plea agreement surprised me as Ashton describes it - wasn't trying to "get at you". But I always thought CM's defense of OCA and her innocence was just so much hogwash...and I felt he thought she was guilty all along. I think he was getting worried about what kind of sentence she was going to get.

He was listening to the evidence like we were...

ITA and he said as much prior to joining fca Defense team

Wow.

George had just found out that his daughter was accusing him of molesting Caylee as well as OCA, and that he was being accused of molesting Caylee right before he murdered her in the swimming pool.

Personally, I think he had the right to be really upset (and a whole lot more than that), that it would have been weird if he hadn't been upset, and that he could be upset by finding out just how evil his daughter was AND be grieving about Caylee as well.

I'm still wondering how George managed not to leap out of the witness box and give Baez a big smack! Can you imagine sitting there knowing what your daughter said and her lawyer is trying to bait you? Wowzers!!

I popped in here and have only skimmed a few posts...since I am not that far into the book. I am only at the part about the first hours of the investigation...and I thought (since the jury heard 99.9% of what I've read so far)- How in HE double hockey sticks did she get acquitted in Caylee's death? Seriously

Oh because they were waiting for that one piece of information - that one piece that would be a CSI moment for them...:banghead:

what was that statement by JB that popped up on JVM's show? Can't find it googling. about how his client denies the untruths said about her in JA's book? and ditto JB on denials about what JA said about him?

This is NOT a snark post, no matter how much it seems it must be just that.

Wonder why he still refers to her as his client? I realize that it could just be lawyer speak, but it makes me wonder if he is still having dealings with her in the hopes of making money.

GA & CA had knowledge of OCA's molestation allegations (against GA & LA) well before this time, see OCA's Cookie letters. They had plenty of time, and microphones to get in front of, to dispute her claims, but they chose to have their attorney communicate their denial in a one time statement.

Personally, I'm more upset about the SODDI CA & GA attempted against Tony L (GA) Amy (CA) RM (CA) and Jesse (GA & CA). When they step up and apologize to these innocent people, maybe I'll feel a bit for GA.

BBM. Yes, it is sad, especially when FCA friends were all very willing to go to the Anthony home and help them out despite any previous hard feelings, then GA said in a statement he went to buy the gun to go after FCA's 'friends' for answers, to theaten them or words like that? That was scary and highly irrational. I honestly don't think they have it in them to apologize for anything or to anybody. Very hard people, imo.

And that's rub I believe Darn.

Why bother with an abduction when you have a straightforward drowning?

And once again, there is NO EVIDENCE (apart from the BS of a renown liar) of a drowning! NONE at all!

ETA - Night all. I gotta go get some sleep :)

The evidence would be the pool ladder and the cadaver dog hit by the pool.

How would you drown with duct tape over your mouth and nose? There would be no need for drowning cuz you would have already suffocated.

I;m thinking it works. She cholroforms her kid, then wraps duct tape around her face to suffocate her. Maybe that didn't work as fast as she wanted or maybe she just wanted to be sure, or she didn't want Caylee waking up and crying out. So (or then) she puts her in the pool to make sure.

I think, even with duct tape, one could drown. Water could seep in and there would be no way to cough it out. I just find that little detail about GA's upper body only being wet, interesting, like she knew what it would be like.

Drugging and then drowning was one of my initial theories. But knowing casey, who is good at small details that make a story more believable, I can see her making it up as well and simply chloroforming her child and then suffocating her with tape.

Or, she could have drugged and then drowned he and placed the tape on later to make it seem like an abduction? In case Caylee was found?

Either way, I don't think it would be that hard to scoop the lifeless body of a two year old out of a pool, when she just died in your hands.

I read a more fuller quote from JB. he says once his side of the story come out, we will hear the truth. Except, I don't think anyone really wants to hear his side of the story. We've heard enough from that gas bag.

ETA: Loved JA's statement about karma on JVM. I hope he's right.

Pre-ordered the book...
Saw it was in the mail and would be here Saturday.
Bought the book on the kindle (and feel horrible).

This is heartbreaking...once again. I thought I was over this. I just thought this case couldn't make me cry any harder. I just thought...it's over. It's done.
And now, the truth.

For goodness sake.

says the software error that cited 84 searches for chloroform hurt their credibility, but that they had presented it in good faith. the not-84 drowned out the significance of there being even one search for how to make chloroform.
I heard it loud and clear...the jury should have listened harder!! Why the heck should there be ANY search for chloroform...and why the heck was it worth Cindy risking perjury to lie about it? Did the jury even think about THAT?!

quick question for those who downloaded the audio book. Does Jeff Ashton narrate/read the book? This is my first audio book and I only want to hear his voice :)

Thanks!

Mel

Pool ladder - again, the words of known liars. LE were not around on day 1 to verify the location of the ladder. Hit by the dogs - she had Caylee outside while she tried to dig her hole. (gag)

I think if there was any chance the drowning being a reality, JA would know. He says it is complete bunkum and I tend to believe him.

If she chloroformed and duct-taped Caylee - then that is how she died. Putting her in the pool is irrelevant. She could have put her in the pool AFTER murdering her in the car, who knows. But that WOULD NOT have been the cause of death. IMHO of course :)

quick question for those who downloaded the audio book. Does Jeff Ashton narrate/read the book? This is my first audio book and I only want to hear his voice :)

Thanks!

Mel

Yep, he reads it.

Does this mean the 84 searches of chloroform was not correct after all?

he actually says they have no idea for sure to this day which of the numbers is correct. he said it was damaging for the state because everyone got all in a tizzy about that rather than the fact that the important thing was the searches happened at all.

that was prolly the hardest part for ashton writing it, and it was certainly the hardest part for me reading it....going over all the hard work, the perfectly researched evidence, the wonderful testimony, and then remembering that it was ALL FOR NOTHING because not one ...NOT. EVEN. ONE! juror was able to understand it! they discounted EVERYTHING!! the witnesses and SA might as well all have been charlie brown teachers saying WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH for 6 weeks!! :banghead:

the bombshells ashton dropped about casey 4.0 and that just make it even more obvious, LDB's carefully done OS that literally, everytime OCA hit the end of the hallway, she popped out with a new lie.

AND THE JURY FELL FOR IT.

I wonder how they feel, letting a murderer go free basically just because the murderer SAID so.

Sorry - the plea agreement surprised me as Ashton describes it - wasn't trying to "get at you". But I always thought CM's defense of OCA and her innocence was just so much hogwash...and I felt he thought she was guilty all along. I think he was getting worried about what kind of sentence she was going to get.

He was listening to the evidence like we were...

30 years is a long time for a plea. We can only assume CM thought she was going to get the death penalty.

The jurors were just plain lazy and greedy. . I bet that while the prosecution was showing them photos of the remains of Caylee and the duct-tape, they were dreaming of the foods they'd eat when they finally get home or their after trial perks They didn't care. They just didn't care. They are no better than KC herself.

Well, I just finished mine.

It was thought out well, and while the only thing I really learned new, was the plea talks, we here suspected that was happening.

It doesn't bring a perfect closure, but I believe in Gods final Judgement, and as far as I know, he doesn't depend on a jury.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJW4966
Back