Springfield 3 and the restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that any and all efforts should be made to find Sherrill, Suzie and Stacy. That said, how good is your memory from 25 years ago? How good is any of ours? That in itself is a problem. People remember things differently. They remember things wrongly.

A memory is never a sure thing. Eye witness testimonies can be wrong when they describe someone who held them up at gunpoint an hour later. If there is a different timeline why not investigate or make people feel like they aren't crazy for coming forward with new information. Even if they got the date wrong knowing who the women saw and hung around might be important. Going over graduation night and the people present can't hurt.
There is a man in jail claiming he buried them, but won't talk until his mom is dead. If he is given an ounce of credibility then they should investigate all avenues. It can't hurt to encourage people to talk about the past.

Case is solvable without all these sightings in the newspaper. I think there's credibility to only one of them.

George's and porch lady are a waste of time. Green van is a big waste of time.

I agree some people's memories can wane. But, some people's memories are very good. In fact, someone often tied to this case, has a very, very good memory. Especially sober people...

Do you have a person in mind. I'm not claiming the sightings are true or false. I think the original articles give a sense of the atmosphere at the time.

I agree that any and all efforts should be made to find Sherrill, Suzie and Stacy. That said, how good is your memory from 25 years ago? How good is any of ours? That in itself is a problem. People remember things differently. They remember things wrongly.
Do you have a person in mind. I'm not claiming the sightings are true or false. I think the original articles give a sense of the atmosphere at the time.
You're right. We won't know what's true or false until these cases are solved. Until then, all we can do is study what was previously mentioned.

You're right. We won't know what's true or false until these cases are solved. Until then, all we can do is study what was previously mentioned.

I feel like there is a chance people know more than they were willing to say back in 92, especially if they didn't realize how serious this case would get. Minor leads or people coming forward with information should be encouraged. Considering it's been over 25 years I doubt encouraging people to come forward will get out of hand like cases that involve newly missing people.
I think looking at different versions of the timeline for that night could offer other views of the case. If they went to George's or Sherrill was out looking for them that places Sherrill out of the house. It also opens up other questions like, "why?". The facts surrounding this case are so weird everything deserves a second or third look.

One person said she saw them at restaurant and nobody else backed it up. Doesn't fit the timeline at all. How are Stacy's shorts at house? No cigarettes or purses brought. Green van is a waste of time as well. There are no witnesses from that night/morning. The guys that took them know the truth and nobody else does.

We're all aware that in any high profile case there are people who had nothing to do with the crime confess to it. It's one of the reasons LE always holds back a detail known only to the bad guy. There are also always people who report things they really didn't see or totally misinterpreted. People want to be able to say they were a part of the investigation. That they helped. Some are simply mistaken. And some are just plain bald faced liars. In my opinion, there are a few of each involved in this story.

We're all aware that in any high profile case there are people who had nothing to do with the crime confess to it. It's one of the reasons LE always holds back a detail known only to the bad guy. There are also always people who report things they really didn't see or totally misinterpreted. People want to be able to say they were a part of the investigation. That they helped. Some are simply mistaken. And some are just plain bald faced liars. In my opinion, there are a few of each involved in this story.

I question whether any "hold back" evidence exists. You got no bodies, hence no cause of death. You got over a dozen people cleaning up the probably scene. I think the PD have nothing.

I question whether any "hold back" evidence exists. You got no bodies, hence no cause of death. You got over a dozen people cleaning up the probably scene. I think the PD have nothing.

You very well may be right. And that may be the biggest problem with solving these disappearances.

One (of many) things that doesn't add up in this case....if that one woman that supposedly saw that greenish van and Suzie was driving then that doesn't mesh with the waitress' account of her acting drunk. IF she was drunk or even hungover then why would someone make her drive their van?

One (of many) things that doesn't add up in this case....if that one woman that supposedly saw that greenish van and Suzie was driving then that doesn't mesh with the waitress' account of her acting drunk. IF she was drunk or even hungover then why would someone make her drive their van?

I put no stock in the van or waitress. This is the problem, the police had nothing, so these speculative stories started to be perceived as actual. All we really know is they went home at 2:30ish and they were gone before 8 am. Nothing else. Now I believe that the crime most likely happened shortly after they got home, as I believe Suzie was the target and was most likely followed home. But I have nothing to back any of this up.

I put no stock in the van or waitress. This is the problem, the police had nothing, so these speculative stories started to be perceived as actual. All we really know is they went home at 2:30ish and they were gone before 8 am. Nothing else. Now I believe that the crime most likely happened shortly after they got home, as I believe Suzie was the target and was most likely followed home. But I have nothing to back any of this up.

I totally agree about the van - all it did was throw police off the trail even more, even though I'm sure that wasn't that lady's intention. The waitress...not sure but even if it were true all it did was establish more of a timeline. You are right - so right...there really is nothing they know, and if they do they aren't talking. Even if their friends/family hadn't gone in the house and erased messages, cleaned, etc they probably still would've had nothing.
IMO Suzie was the target as well. But who knows? That is one of the most terrifying things about this whole thing - - none of us know, and the more theories there are the more we are trying to make sense of it...the fact is that when there is someone that evil out there, it won't ever make sense...unless someone is just as evil as the ones who did this. IMO the phone calls were a clue. It was a factor in how sick minded this person/these people were. And it was done probably after they were killed so that makes it even worse.

I totally agree about the van - all it did was throw police off the trail even more, even though I'm sure that wasn't that lady's intention. The waitress...not sure but even if it were true all it did was establish more of a timeline. You are right - so right...there really is nothing they know, and if they do they aren't talking. Even if their friends/family hadn't gone in the house and erased messages, cleaned, etc they probably still would've had nothing.
IMO Suzie was the target as well. But who knows? That is one of the most terrifying things about this whole thing - - none of us know, and the more theories there are the more we are trying to make sense of it...the fact is that when there is someone that evil out there, it won't ever make sense...unless someone is just as evil as the ones who did this. IMO the phone calls were a clue. It was a factor in how sick minded this person/these people were. And it was done probably after they were killed so that makes it even worse.

This case stays with you, really like no other. I have devoured everything I could related to it and realize I have no idea what happened. But three people, two with the world just opening up to them, a strong mother making a strong go of it. It is just as sad as mysterious. Without DNA to hit on some mystery perp there really is nothing to have faith in. I have reconciled myself to knowing that nobody will ever know what happened. But it still is so addictive.

Several people have mentioned that they may have been followed home. If that happened, perhaps they knew the vehicle and person who was following them. They wouldn't have been alarmed especially if that person was on that road often. That person may have lived nearby and used that road to go to and from work. If we consider clues that have been mentioned, then this person could have had a light colored van, or work vehicle, and wouldn't arouse suspicion by being on the road during late night hours. If this person wasn't going to be questioned by anyone as to where he was for all that time, then he probably lived alone. Does any of this seem to describe any of the persons of interest? I don't think any family members or teenage grave robbers had anything to do with this. Did one of the three find something so incriminating about someone that it caused all three to be silenced? Back then those polaroid cameras were popular because you didn't need to take film to be developed. Could they have found a photo that was never suppose to be seen by anyone? All my own thoughts of course.

“ I’m pretty positive it was them because Of Streeter being so rude “

What a moronic statement . When has Anyone ever referred to Suzie as rude ? Not too mention , very insensitive thing to say considering she’s missing .

Attachments

• 289F2653-8344-4EAB-ABA3-E6EB1DC4616A.jpeg
    289F2653-8344-4EAB-ABA3-E6EB1DC4616A.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 22
“ I’m pretty positive it was them because Of Streeter being so rude “

What a moronic statement . When has Anyone ever referred to Suzie as rude ? Not too mention , very insensitive thing to say considering she’s missing .

Where did you see that quote?

This case stays with you, really like no other. I have devoured everything I could related to it and realize I have no idea what happened. But three people, two with the world just opening up to them, a strong mother making a strong go of it. It is just as sad as mysterious. Without DNA to hit on some mystery perp there really is nothing to have faith in. I have reconciled myself to knowing that nobody will ever know what happened. But it still is so addictive.

I agree totally! Once I started looking into it I devoured all the videos and articles I could....each one making less and less sense. I don't think it will be solved, either. I wish and hope and pray, but I think its just too late. What's the most frustrating is how something like that can happen and no one say a single word, even years later. How can anyone keep that to themselves?
Another thing I can't understand, which is why I think it had to be someone they knew personally, is IMO even though they all were attractive women, they would've easily blended into the background. They don't seem to have had any traits that made them stand out, or anything to have been a real target for a stranger. But I don't know...we're all just guessing here. Unfortunately that's all there is left. :(

Where did you see that quote?

Her interview on 48 hours

I agree totally! Once I started looking into it I devoured all the videos and articles I could....each one making less and less sense. I don't think it will be solved, either. I wish and hope and pray, but I think its just too late. What's the most frustrating is how something like that can happen and no one say a single word, even years later. How can anyone keep that to themselves?
Another thing I can't understand, which is why I think it had to be someone they knew personally, is IMO even though they all were attractive women, they would've easily blended into the background. They don't seem to have had any traits that made them stand out, or anything to have been a real target for a stranger. But I don't know...we're all just guessing here. Unfortunately that's all there is left. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann